Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Charlize Theron.....

Actress, Singer, Dancer. Model, Fashion designer, Perfume Seller, Author, Socialite and Cellulite!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I met her today. :cool1: But I was somewhat disappointed as I was always an admirer. She is a very strange lady indeed. :nono:

On a roll!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!

Posted on

Tell me some more. :D

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I thought she played an excellent part in "Monster". It was one of those haunting films that stayed with me for ages afterwards.

That was the first role I ever saw her in and was like REALLY :eek: when I saw how gorgeously she scrubbed up.

Posted on

I hope the opening post didn't sound pompous, it wasn't meant to. :doh:

I work in media and have met quite a few of these types in my time of equal fame as Charlize. I won't say too much about the background detail as it's not fair.

I just found her very strange and very different to anyone else like that I've met before. It's like she's two people - there's the Charlize that we see and hear who is more like a character than a real person, and then there's the real Charlize underneath. I'm not saying that she was unpleasant at all, but her public image seems to be a total artefact that she wheels out when required - I get the impression that she is very deep and guarded.

She also seems to have had quite a lot of surgery and botox which isn't immediately obvious on camera but very obvious in reality, especially when standing next to her boyfriend, and looks strange on a young woman.

Again I'm not saying that she was unpleasant but I found her very unusual and felt compelled to post. :chin: :chin: :chin:

On a roll!

Posted on

Sounds like an exciting job Bacchus!
Strange business, show business I would imagine. I think if I were in her shoes I'd be pretty guarded too
and you would never know she'd had botox either, she is a very beautiful woman.
Who else have you met and who did you like the most Bacchus?
(hope you don't mind me asking :) )

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Bacchus wrote:I hope the opening post didn't sound pompous, it wasn't meant to. :doh:

I work in media and have met quite a few of these types in my time of equal fame as Charlize. I won't say too much about the background detail as it's not fair.

I just found her very strange and very different to anyone else like that I've met before. It's like she's two people - there's the Charlize that we see and hear who is more like a character than a real person, and then there's the real Charlize underneath. I'm not saying that she was unpleasant at all, but her public image seems to be a total artefact that she wheels out when required - I get the impression that she is very deep and guarded.

She also seems to have had quite a lot of surgery and botox which isn't immediately obvious on camera but very obvious in reality, especially when standing next to her boyfriend, and looks strange on a young woman.

Again I'm not saying that she was unpleasant but I found her very unusual and felt compelled to post. :chin: :chin: :chin:

I don't think you sounded pompous at all Bacchus.
Your job sounds FABULOUSLY interesting :thumb:

Posted on

never heard of her. so I had to look up her, sorry, look her up. :rofl: :nono:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I'm surprised you haven't heard of her smeggypants. If you haven't seen her in films perhaps you may have seen this advert before...

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

IS THAT HER :confused:

Well I never ... I didn't recognise her there either :doh:

Posted on

Oh, I always thought she seemed ok!

Yesteday I met Floella Benjamin!! She was lovely :D

Posted on

Fuzzy Warbles wrote:Sounds like an exciting job Bacchus!
Strange business, show business I would imagine. I think if I were in her shoes I'd be pretty guarded too

Hiya Fuzzy

Sorry haven't been on Smeggys for a few days. Yeah, the botox isn't too obvious on screen but in real life :thumbdown: and her nose seems really wonky like it's been cut into once too often.

I've met quite a few of these peeps. As you asked:-

Cate Blanchett (have met a few times, very nice and is the type to remember faces, i.e. not walk past and pretend she doesn't know you); Andie MacDowell (have met a few times, guarded but courteous, and very amazonian); Ralph Fiennes (have met a few times - polite actually - didn't hit on me though! :D ); Kathy Bates (had very long conversation once at her initiation - she wanted to go on a long rant about how hard it is for women of a certain age in acting - but lovely and totally zero bullshit); Alan Alda (exceptionally nice man); Anne Hathaway (precocious little thing - might have cooled off a bit as she's matured - or maybe not!); Cillian Murphy (very small and reserved but a real gentleman - I went weak at the knees as I think he's gorgeous); Bono (dickhead but you don't need me to tell you that!); Colin Farrell (very down to earth and a great laugh); Stuart Townsend (lovely, really nice guy - but the jury's out on the missus); Joel Schumacher (nicest man you could meet); my favourite is Jerry Bruckheimer only because he is probably the most successful movie producer in the world yet is so down to earth, totally commercial in his approach, not a hint of artsy shite or egotism, and totally involved in all of his productions with equal respect for every single person on board. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last year I stood six feet away from George Clooney and Brad Pitt for about five minutes - does that count? ;) :D

On a roll!

Posted on

Trixiebelle wrote:
Bacchus wrote:I hope the opening post didn't sound pompous, it wasn't meant to. :doh:

I don't think you sounded pompous at all Bacchus.
Your job sounds FABULOUSLY interesting :thumb:

Hi Trixie, trust me, the novelty wears off pretty quickly! But sometimes it can be fun, and then you get your enthusiasm back. :)

On a roll!

Posted on

Wow.
I love Alan Alda and Kathy Bates, and they actually look like they would be nice people too. I would have though Colin Farrel would be a bit of a arse though ! :D

BTW, are Clooney and Pitt just as good looking in real life? :D

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Fuzzy Warbles wrote:Wow.
I love Alan Alda and Kathy Bates, and they actually look like they would be nice people too. I would have though Colin Farrel would be a bit of a arse though ! :D

I've never had a thing for either! I'm indifferent to Clooney (although he's very talented) and think Pitt is vile, so I can't really say! I will say that Clooney looks extremely well turned out and polished, whereas Pitt looks much older than he does in pics and is very haggard and wrinkled.

On a roll!

Posted on

Bacchus wrote:
Fuzzy Warbles wrote:Sounds like an exciting job Bacchus!

Hiya Fuzzy

Sorry haven't been on Smeggys for a few days.

Naughty!! :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:

:D :cheers: - nice to cya back :)

Yeah, the botox isn't too obvious on screen but in real life :thumbdown: and her nose seems really wonky like it's been cut into once too often.

I've met quite a few of these peeps. As you asked:-

Cate Blanchett (have met a few times, very nice and is the type to remember faces, i.e. not walk past and pretend she doesn't know you); Andie MacDowell (have met a few times, guarded but courteous, and very amazonian); Ralph Fiennes (have met a few times - polite actually - didn't hit on me though! :D ); Kathy Bates (had very long conversation once at her initiation - she wanted to go on a long rant about how hard it is for women of a certain age in acting - but lovely and totally zero bullshit); Alan Alda (exceptionally nice man); Anne Hathaway (precocious little thing - might have cooled off a bit as she's matured - or maybe not!); Cillian Murphy (very small and reserved but a real gentleman - I went weak at the knees as I think he's gorgeous); Bono (dickhead but you don't need me to tell you that!);

Why is Bono a dickhead? - it wouldn't surprise me to be honest, but I'm just curious

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Bacchus wrote:
Fuzzy Warbles wrote:Wow.

I've never had a thing for either! I'm indifferent to Clooney (although he's very talented) and think Pitt is vile, so I can't really say! I will say that Clooney looks extremely well turned out and polished, whereas Pitt looks much older than he does in pics and is very haggard and wrinkled.

Too much ...

.... perhaps?

:wave: :chin: :splif:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Return to Celebs