Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Paul Newman 'had affair with James Dean'

Actress, Singer, Dancer. Model, Fashion designer, Perfume Seller, Author, Socialite and Cellulite!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a15 ... -dean.html

A new biography of Paul Newman has suggested that the late actor was bisexual and had an affair with James Dean.

Darwin Potter's new book Paul Newman: The Man Behind The Baby Blues includes a quote supposedly from Marlon Brando claiming that Newman had relationships with members of both sexes on the set of his films, The Globe reports.

Brando is quoted as saying: "He never fooled me. Paul Newman had just as many on-location affairs as the rest of us, and he was just as bisexual as I was.

"But, where I was always getting caught with my pants down, he managed to do it in the dark."

However, the actor's family, including wife of 50 years Joanne Woodward, are said to be "disgusted" by the allegations.

A source said: "Paul knew there were rumours out there about his sexuality and to have to face them when he's not here to dispute them is Joanne's worst nightmare."

Posted on

Hmmmm - methinks Brando made a pass at him and got the brush off so he decided to start this nasty rumour. How awful for Joanne Woodward and what a dreadful thing to do to someone who can't answer back. DISGUSTING! :stomp: :stomp: :stomp:

Posted on

Not being funny but I have a *Hollywood* book that I've had for years! by* Kenneth Anger*That story is quite old I read it years ago !

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

martyn20 wrote:"But, where I was always getting caught with my pants down, he managed to do it in the dark."

Clever old bloke that Newman. :eek:

Posted on

So what if he did.My angst is that neither he nor Brando are around to defend their corner by denial or by admission and waiting until someone has died to capitalise upon their private life so sucks of cheap publicity -true or not.

Paul N was a superb actor and a great philanthropist and was married for over 50 years and kept his private life private.For this he earned the respect he got.

Nobody needs to know the intimate details of peoples private lives.. not everyone is a media whore like Kylie or Jordan or Goody etc....others can and do simply rely on their talent as the merit for which they are recognised, unlike the aforementioned babes who would be sweet FA without all the gossiping about them and the endless posed paps and trophy lovers et al.PR is their very oxygen. Paul N was above that in public.

On two rolls!!

Posted on

rock hudson was

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:rock hudson was

Cary Grant was Bi. He had a long term affair with the cowboy actor *Randolph Scott*

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Doesn't matter a damn what sexuality anyone is of course. But the sad thing is that in those days homophobia was even more rife, especially as the Ruling Elite sanctioned homophobia by making it illegal :roll:

So people had to keep there sexuality quiet unless they were straight, married and did it with the lights off on a saturday night :) :)

Gay movie stars also had to keep it quiet for commercial reasons too. Black music artists released albums with white faces on the covers for a similar reason.

Thankfully we've moved on a little bit from those dark days of prejudice. Still got some way to go though

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Doesn't matter a damn what sexuality anyone is of course. But the sad thing is that in those days homophobia was even more rife, especially as the Ruling Elite sanctioned homophobia by making it illegal :roll:

So people had to keep there sexuality quiet unless they were straight, married and did it with the lights off on a saturday night :) :)

Gay movie stars also had to keep it quiet for commercial reasons too. Black music artists released albums with white faces on the covers for a similar reason.

Thankfully we've moved on a little bit from those dark days of prejudice. Still got some way to go though

God yes I so agree with you Smeggy, Hollywood in the 30's,40's50's and so on were soo homophibic! But well know that directors,producers that WERE THE homophobics were gay themselves! :confused:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Also there was the *McCarthy communisim* that attacked ,Actors,producers writers, Total fucking witch hunt! :stomp: :stomp:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Dolls wrote:Also there was the *McCarthy communisim* that attacked ,Actors,producers writers, Total fucking witch hunt! :stomp: :stomp:

Indeed. not something I'm read up on really, but it looks all part of the ideology of good v evil as a tool to unite and control the people. If you can marginalise and persecute one group it unites everyone else against them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

Thew propaganda was horrendous.

Click on image for full size:

America under Communism. We see the same agenda of good v, evil today. Even in the UK some people are scaremongering the line "Britain under Islam" The BNP is a such a prejudiced body or white v. black, Christianity v, Islam.

"us and them" :roll:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Smeggy the word McCarthyism entered the dictionary! Thats how bad it was. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

And the US has always proclaimed to be the beacon of freedom and democracy. <sigh>

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Celebs