Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[merged]Michael Jackson rushed to hospital/could die/is dead

Actress, Singer, Dancer. Model, Fashion designer, Perfume Seller, Author, Socialite and Cellulite!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Jacko is up there with Elvis and Lennon.
Except one thing.
You CAN have a party without Elvis or Lennon's music.
You CAN'T have a party WITHOUT Michael Jackson's music.
:cry:

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

martyn20 wrote:This will be one of the biggest Breaking News Stories the web has ever had to deal with

Certainly will/is - Nothing much else will get a look in tomorrow. I remember the hideous old bag from ZioNu-Labour who said 911 was "a good day for burying bad news", I bet some abhorrent creature within the bowls of the Establishment is thinking the same thing.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Coroner in LA has now confirmed his death.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Never realised he was 6ft tall.

I wonder if Paul McCartney will buy his music back now?

(I notice the media haven't asked him for a quote -yet!)

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare. The internet has proved that this is not the case...

Grand Master

Posted on

He was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital

Posted on

Posted on

tango15 wrote:Never realised he was 6ft tall.

Yeah he was a big guy. I went to see him live at Wembley in the 1990s. Possibly the same gig that Jessica worked at. I went with a group who insisted we got their at 9am to get a front row position. We did, and I was against the railings in the mosh pit and was at times only 20 feet away from him.

Superb Performer!

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

his official site is down...just shows a front page only now. :(

http://www.michaeljackson.com/

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

whimsical oracle wrote:his official site is down...just shows a front page only now. :(

I guess they are preparing a tribute for it

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
whimsical oracle wrote:his official site is down...just shows a front page only now. :(

I guess they are preparing a tribute for it

I bet the media/showbiz circus in LA is in total meltdown. Bet it's difficult to get a mobile phone signal there at the moment, and I'll bet there's all sort of tricks being tried to get photos.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare. The internet has proved that this is not the case...

Grand Master

Posted on

I haven't seen one millisecond of the BBC pursuing it's recent demonisation of Iran's regime for hours. Even the Neda story has been shoved aside.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

He was apparently pronounced dead at 2:29pm California time.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Much that the man had a huge talent, it is a shame his life was tainted by scandal. He will be much missed. .

Fine Barman!

Posted on

The world has just witnessed his body wrapped in a sheet being moved from a helicopter into a van, very voyeuristic, uncomfortable viewing

Posted on

Yup just saw that.

I'm still shocked to be honest.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Completely overshadows the death of another true celebrity yesterday, after a long illness.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000396/

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

There will no doubt be a detailed autopsy report issued in a few weeks.

Meanwhile, Jackson's only true love, Bubbles, is said to be living well in a sanctuary somewhere and has probably not been informed of the death. :(

Is that the naffest piece of pottery in the world? Wouldn't want it in my lounge.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

diablo wrote:There will no doubt be a detailed autopsy report issued in a few weeks.

Meanwhile, Jackson's only true love, Bubbles, is said to be living well in a sanctuary somewhere and has probably not been informed of the death. :(

Is that the naffest piece of pottery in the world? Wouldn't want it in my lounge.

It looks like some Bollywood interpretation of Hindu Bestiality. Looks nothing like Michael Jackson or a monkey.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

DS has created a subforum for his grieving fans. I don't understand the hysteria. I liked his music in the early days and love the Jackson Five. But his heyday was a long time ago.

My reaction last night was so what. I just hope this rubbish does not get in the way of the media reporting the real world news. And I speak as a journalist.

Having said that the media responds to public demand and the people on here who constantly criticise the media do have to accept that without public demand for this celebrity trash the media would not produce it. I would never buy Hello, OK or Heat or any of those titles, but they are big business. One of the girls I studied journalism with went on to be a showbiz reporter on one of the nationals and one became the editor of one of the major celebrity magazines. I didn't envy them for a minute. I have worked with loads of celebs on projects, which is great fun, but I would never ever want to write about their lives. Not least because I find most celebs boring as hell.

Posted on

Jessica Rabbit wrote:DS has created a subforum for his grieving fans. I don't understand the hysteria. I liked his music in the early days and love the Jackson Five. But his heyday was a long time ago.

I never understood the hysteria over the death of Diana either.

However there were some sociological explanations that made some sense in regard to the Diana hysteria which goes something like this:

We live in a society where grieving is something that's shoved behind closed doors. Something that should be kept private. This isn't necessarily a healthy scenario. Therefore the death of an iconic figure kind of allows people to feel comfortable with coming out and venting emotions they would normally bottle up behind the door fpor their own personal sadness.

I can sort of understand the psychology behind this. The primal scream is very healthy and completely at odds with what's termed the 'british Stiff Upper lip'

The outpouring of public grief therefore is a healthy vent for peoples personal griefs they have bottled up. We certainly saw this with the death of Diana. Diana didn't really do anything to have deserved the sea of flowers that filled very town centre in the country and it was obviously a channel for people's personal needs to outlet feelings.

So with that in mind if Michael Jackson's death catalyses some people to let go what they have hitherto bottled up then great.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

PreviousNext

Return to Celebs