Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[merged]Michael Jackson rushed to hospital/could die/is dead

Actress, Singer, Dancer. Model, Fashion designer, Perfume Seller, Author, Socialite and Cellulite!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Jessica Rabbit wrote:DS has created a subforum for his grieving fans. I don't understand the hysteria. I liked his music in the early days and love the Jackson Five. But his heyday was a long time ago.

I never understood the hysteria over the death of Diana either.

However there were some sociological explanations that made some sense in regard to the Diana hysteria which goes something like this:

We live in a society where grieving is something that's shoved behind closed doors. Something that should be kept private. This isn't necessarily a healthy scenario. Therefore the death of an iconic figure kind of allows people to feel comfortable with coming out and venting emotions they would normally bottle up behind the door fpor their own personal sadness.

I can sort of understand the psychology behind this. The primal scream is very healthy and completely at odds with what's termed the 'british Stiff Upper lip'

The outpouring of public grief therefore is a healthy vent for peoples personal griefs they have bottled up. We certainly saw this with the death of Diana. Diana didn't really do anything to have deserved the sea of flowers that filled very town centre in the country and it was obviously a channel for people's personal needs to outlet feelings.

So with that in mind if Michael Jackson's death catalyses some people to let go what they have hitherto bottled up then great.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I think the thing with Diana was that she was young and beautiful and she fulfilled the one thing that British people can't resist - she was very publicly wronged by a member of the Royal Family. Regardless of what you thought of her personally, the fact remains that she was used as a baby machine to produce a heir and spare.
She was the first celebrity Royal in global terms since Grace Kelly who also died a tragic untimely death.

I do think she did do some good charitable work which helped to dispel the myths around aids and raise the profile of landmines.

I could understand why a lot of people were shocked as it was so unexpected. And I do agree with you that celebrity grief can actually trigger personal grief as it all revolves round the realisation that we are not mortal - even people with wealth and fame.

But with Jackson he was a distaster waiting to happen. To be honest I amazed he lasted this long.
I can't actually understand how some people can completely divorce the music from the private life as he was a pretty disturbed character.

Posted on

Jessica Rabbit wrote:I think the thing with Diana was that she was young and beautiful

I never thought she was beautiful at all. I thought she was pretty average with the benefit of an expensiev makeover. Did nothing for me whatsoever

and she fulfilled the one thing that British people can't resist - she was very publicly wronged by a member of the Royal Family. Regardless of what you thought of her personally, the fact remains that she was used as a baby machine to produce a heir and spare.
She was the first celebrity Royal in global terms since Grace Kelly who also died a tragic untimely death.

I do think she did do some good charitable work which helped to dispel the myths around aids and raise the profile of landmines.

I could understand why a lot of people were shocked as it was so unexpected. And I do agree with you that celebrity grief can actually trigger personal grief as it all revolves round the realisation that we are not mortal - even people with wealth and fame.

Yeah, I think the marriage was a compelte sham and about as dishonest as you can get. I didn't agree with the disdain for Camilla though. It was Charles' fault. He should have had the balls to say "No, I really want Camilla!" and never married Dian in the first place, but I guess he was caught up in the Establishment agenda.

But with Jackson he was a distaster waiting to happen. To be honest I amazed he lasted this long.

Yeah, I've never thought he looked healthy for a long time. Although I'm shocked at the news, in some ways I'm not suprised really.

I can't actually understand how some people can completely divorce the music from the private life as he was a pretty disturbed character.

His music was a product of a team of great songwriters, including Rod Temperton, and great producers like Quincy Jones and Teddy Riley. It wasn't just him.

I don't think anyone will ever know the real Michael Jackson,. Much of his public persona was a fabrication by either himself and/or the media and while I'm sure he definitely had issues I don't think we'll ever know the real MJ.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

RIP micheal ...you were the 80's for me :cry:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

He relentlessly sought media attention!!!! A man who shies away from the media does not dangle his new born baby over a hotel balcony. If he did stuff like that what did he expect? People to say "oh there's that nice Michael Jackson with his baby, how lovely!".

Posted on

The jokes are out already. I've had 3 so far lmao!!

Poor fucker, i do like his music, shame nobody is ever going to get to see him now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Posted on

I note every bonkers nut-case celebrity and fan has been is out in force, on internet, on Radio, or on TV ,throwing in their public grieving around like confetti .Makes one wonder how many of them really honestly were friends or just PR and attention seeking like Demi Moore and Co.?????? Uri Gellar has tried to cash in on every radio an TV show in UK and USA in space of 12 hours despite not speaking to MJ for at least 5 years now.!! And Max Clifford enlarging an already dubious saga about him and Goody-as if.

Never get why everyone acts so surprised about death.Death has no respect for age and he was hardly a shining example of good clean living.

Anyway for me there was never to be a court anywhere in the world who would find him "guilty" even if irrefutable evidence was on hand..so I shall always ??????????????????????????

As for his music..well I was not, and am not a fan of his.Good dancer but so are others.Billie Jean a great song, but that is it for me, and his career was over for at least the past decade, and I doubt he would have ever made the 50x O2 gigs anyway.

So just another death in the earth's progress.

On two rolls!!

Posted on

Seems Michael Jackson's personal doctor lived in but he is currently missing and police are looking for him.

Posted on

I went to two of his concerts. The first one I was working backstage as a police press officer and the second one I queued for hours and he didn't turn up. No biggie.

Posted on

Ok Im not into conspiracies theories but it seems odd that he died 2 weeks before he started his 50 concerts in London plus it was in his contract that he would get paid whether he performed the concerts or not. Im suspicious as to whether hes actually dead. *Awaits the onslaught*

Sweetheart

Posted on

Little_Law_Chick wrote:Ok Im not into conspiracies theories but it seems odd that he died 2 weeks before he started his 50 concerts in London plus it was in his contract that he would get paid whether he performed the concerts or not. Im suspicious as to whether hes actually dead. *Awaits the onslaught*

What sort of idiot would give him a contract like that ?? :confused: :confused:

There are already enough conspiracy theories in the world. :) I suppose he is having his skin darkened, a big African nose added and will be working in a chip shop in Lagos? :rofl:

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Little_Law_Chick wrote:Ok Im not into conspiracies theories but it seems odd that he died 2 weeks before he started his 50 concerts in London plus it was in his contract that he would get paid whether he performed the concerts or not. Im suspicious as to whether hes actually dead. *Awaits the onslaught*

I already saw him walking into Toys R Us earlier.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:

Everyone's entitled to there opinion and thats just mine. How many conspiracy theory do you and Annie come up with?

Sweetheart

Posted on

Little_Law_Chick wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

Everyone's entitled to there opinion and thats just mine. How many conspiracy theory do you and Annie come up with?

:confused:

I wasn't dissing your post, I was just having a laugh about Michael Jackson being seen in places. Like the 'Elvis seen in the chip shop' humour.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Little_Law_Chick wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

I wasn't dissing your post, I was just having a laugh about Michael Jackson being seen in places. Like the 'Elvis seen in the chip shop' humour.

I know you werent :D :rofl: I in a wind up mood tonight. :D

Sweetheart

Posted on

Wonder if any one's going to jump on the band wagon and make a film of his life story?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Grand Master
Current Mood: recovering

Posted on

Little_Law_Chick wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
Little_Law_Chick wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

I know you werent :D :rofl: I in a wind up mood tonight. :D

:domination: :D

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

the 911 call ...

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

looks like the doctor who was with him has gone missing ! very strange

Posted on

annie27 wrote:looks like the doctor who was with him has gone missing ! very strange

Source?

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

PreviousNext

Return to Celebs