Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

What's your opinion on the MJ child abuse allegations?

Actress, Singer, Dancer. Model, Fashion designer, Perfume Seller, Author, Socialite and Cellulite!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

First of all - if anyone finds this is a little too soon after his death, I apologise - but my sisters & I were discussing it over the weekend and I was interested in what other people though about it all. I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

In my opinion, he was trying to make up for his lack of a childhood in surrounding himself with children and childish things. I think he was attempting to give other children the happiness he didn't have when he was younger. Yes, it was odd that children slept in his bed - but I always had the impression that he was asexual, and remained a child in his own head.

I don't know much about the trial, but there are two things which I have noticed about the whole shebang -

1. No-one accused him of molestation once he'd run out of money

2. Janet - his own sister - said he was guilty! (she has retracted that statement since - who knows what to believe!) I know this goes against my theory, but I was gobsmacked when I heard this.

What does everyone else think?

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Posted on

Deb we were also discussing this over the weekend, and I'm on the same line of thought as you.

It was about trying to be the child he never really had the chance to be, and not anything to do with abuse.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: recovering

Posted on

Well, there must have been a lot of evidence for it to come to court in the first place. The fact that the jury found him not guilty does not impress me one bit. A jury found Barry George guilty of murdering Jill Dando when he clearly wasn't, and Stefan Kisko guilty of killing Lesley Moleseed when he didn't, so juries (in my eyes at least), are far from right sometimes, and I won't even go down the OJ Simpson route.
I can see where you're coming from with the lost childhood thing, but I'm not convinced it was as simple as that. These people are surrounded by advisers, and if he wanted to help children there was much more he could have done. We sometimes forget that there are millions of poor people in the US, (and not just black people either), and he came from a poor area himself, so he knew how it was for the kids there. He could have set up a chartiable foundation - I don't know some kind of Dr Barnardo's maybe - instead of inviting selected kids round to his property and putting himself at risk of accusations the way he did. I cannot believe he did it out of innocence. Several of the people who knew him well and have paid tribute to him, say that he was actually very astute, so I cannot believe that he did not know the risks he was running when he embarked on that phase of his life, but like many people who become rich and famous, they believe themselves above the law; Jeffrey Archer to name but one, and they believe that they can do anything they want to, and get away with it.
As you say, we shall probably never know. There is no doubt that he was a tortured soul, and if it proves nothing else, it's clear that money cannot buy you happiness (mind you I'll still be doing the lotto on Wednesday! :fingers_crossed: ).

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare. The internet has proved that this is not the case...

Grand Master

Posted on

True red wrote:Deb we were also discussing this over the weekend, and I'm on the same line of thought as you.

It was about trying to be the child he never really had the chance to be, and not anything to do with abuse.

I would go along with this. but we'll never really know. We know nothing about him really. What is portrayed in the media is never an accurate representation of anyone. I think Jackson himself even helped with that distortion.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

What sticks in my mind and he *MJ* has said if for years he wanted to alter his face to take away the look of his father in his face! :( That to me is some effin statement! Dont you think? He went from a lovely looking black kid then it went on and on with his facial disfigurements! :confused: :confused:

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

I'm of the opinion that in his mind, he didnt want to hurt kids or do sexual stuff - MJ saw himself as a child and wanted to BE one or make up for it, because he didnt have a childhood. So thats why he surrounded himself with children and childish stuff.

But, it is a bit weird if a grown man wants to have sleepovers with kids, I think he only saw innocence in what he did, that it was asexual, but he needed mental help IMO. He was abused by his father and didnt recieve love.
I don't know if he really abused anyone, but he was found not guilty and thats that!
Not every member of a jury will agree on things.
As you say Deb, no one accused MJ when he had no money.

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one, with this washer dryer" - Jim Bowen

I still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know
I'll never find another you
- The Seekers

"Life is what happens to you when you're away making other plans" - John Lennon

"Names Gene Hunt, your DCI and its 1973. Almost dinner time. I'm havin' hoops!"

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: What a shitload of fuck

Posted on

I guess we'll never really know now :( I mean, he did some silly stuff around his own kids (dangling his baby from a window!), so it's a leap of faith to trust a stranger with your kids if he can't always look after himself or his own.

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one, with this washer dryer" - Jim Bowen

No matter what I do
For I know
- The Seekers

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

I think he was guilty, there were many more families who took the money and kept their mouths shut. Like many who do that sort of thing, he saw it as totally natural, you can see that during the Martin Bashir interview

Posted on

Paedophilia is a very serious charge. As a society we must be sure before applying judgement IMO.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

That doesn't mean he did anything sexual though, we don't know for sure MJ was a paedophile, he wasn't convicted of anything. And why do "we" think adults with children must mean it is something sexual? Does that say more about "us" than him?
"I have never shown anyone my Giving Tree"
- Errr, Michael Jackson shows Martin Bashir a tree.

Remember MJ the pop icon IMO, not the weird stuff he did although it is hard to seperate the two!!

No matter what I do
For I know
- The Seekers

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

martyn20 wrote:I think he was guilty, there were many more families who took the money and kept their mouths shut. Like many who do that sort of thing, he saw it as totally natural, you can see that during the Martin Bashir interview

Of course. As soon as the word gets around you can make false allegations and cop off with a princely sum.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
martyn20 wrote:I think he was guilty, there were many more families who took the money and kept their mouths shut. Like many who do that sort of thing, he saw it as totally natural, you can see that during the Martin Bashir interview

Of course. As soon as the word gets around you can make false allegations and cop off with a princely sum.

He may have been terrible with his money but his lawyers were the best and they would not have paid people for nothing.

Posted on

I agree MJ was a troubled, tortured soul Tangs. I guess we'll never know the truth. I heard in the court cases the kids had been given wine or something too.

No matter what I do
For I know
- The Seekers

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

i'm in agreement with Deb and Grim, I can remember when the first allergations were made, and to be honest I didn't believe them simply because I really didn't think MJ knew what his dick was for much less use it on a child.

The second time round I've always felt it was all down to stupidity on MJ's part by having more children stay at his mansion, money grabbing from the parents and a disgruntled cop.

The flip side of the coin is this though, I was listening to R5 live on Friday afternoon and they were interviewing this guy who'd known MJ personally for a good number of years and had been around him a lot, when he was asked about the child abuse allegations his response was the $18Million (or whatever it was) payout to the child's family is a lot of money to pay out when your innocent.

We'll never know now for certain if he was or was not innocent, (A court of law can decide one way or another, but it's does not mean it is the correct decision) but one thing is certain, Michael Jackson had a lot of personal issues which no amount of money could cure. Was that the price of his talent and fame?

Onwards and Upwards

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

I agree with you.
OT but I heard on GMTV from a close friend of MJ that he looked/seemed "in great shape" when rehearsing for his gigs, just 2 days before he died :(

No matter what I do
For I know
- The Seekers

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Paedophilia is a very serious charge. As a society we must be sure before applying judgement IMO.

One of my 4 sons was abused so I have personal experience of this trauma ,and by the very revulsion of this crime it is so secret it is impossible to "prove" conclusively in a court, even more so if accused is rich and/ or famous. Your "be sure" comment is absurd frankly given facts.With MJ x 12 jurors scared for their lives (if they said "guilty") from acts of madness by deranged fans it was a foregone conclusion he would be exonerated of any crime before it ever got to court.

There are probably loads of kids from ill educated ergo unreliable in courts ,that he meddled with one way or another.Once past 25 you cannot act inappropriately with children underage and that is that for me,.I do not need bogus court cases to prove he was right and I am wrong.He was not mentally retarded or even emotionally retarded he did not act is soft spoken kiddy manner out of public eye, but as a full on man as every tin pot "friend" has spent a full post mortem week assuring everyone....ie he knew as an adult exactly what he was doing.McCauly is in my mind not only one of them..the first maybe, but silent because he may be sperm donor of the 2 older kids.look how weird his life is. !! His testimony in defence of MJ is highly suspect to me.

There were 7 kids in his family and he was the only one allegedly effed up by father.? Do not believe it since others are fine

My assessment is that he used this crap as a cover to justify the unjustifiable, and forgive all that he did that was unforgivable= guilty. imo. Excuses excuses.. there comes a time when we all have to stop blaming lousy childhood and take responsibility for our own adult lives.. he did not do that ever.Thought he was too precious, untouchable , worshipped and rich and famous.

Unlikely public will ever know though as it goes.So non subject -as it does not make him more or less dead than he was last Thursday.

Moving on already............................................. the fuss has been totally disproportionate to him , his life, his career and his death , whipped up by tabloids and gossip and internet bloggers who had spent 20 years calling him rude names.Now like Jade Goody he is sainted.

On two rolls!!

Posted on

he reminds me of Benjamin Button type character ...smart when he was young and got more child like the older he got !...

Posted on

I heard he didnt put on the high voice when he wasnt in public either.
GW isn't it possible his father treated all his kids the same? He may have beat them all for all I know but since MJ was the youngest it just affected him more. The others were able to deal with it.

No matter what I do
For I know
- The Seekers

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

He did treat all the kids the same - if anything, he went easier on Michael because he was the better performer, the others had it beaten into them. I heard him say in an interview that Joe would beat the others for getting the dance moves wrong, while being told 'do it like Michael'.

ETA - on CBB, Latoya said that Joe lined up 3 bodyguards and asked her to choose one. She did so, and Joe made her marry him - she had to endure years of violence and rape before she got away from him. (That's if she was telling the truth, of course.)

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Posted on

That's pretty harsh. :( Like I said maybe the older brothers could cope with it better but Michael was scarred for life. :cry:
I didnt know he went "easier" on Michael :(

No matter what I do
For I know
- The Seekers

Complete Nutter!!

Next

Return to Celebs