Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Sir Cliff Richard Set To Buy Neverland Ranch

Actress, Singer, Dancer. Model, Fashion designer, Perfume Seller, Author, Socialite and Cellulite!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

British Pop sensation, the ever young Sir Cliff Richard, is set to buy Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch for an undisclosed fee, however it is rumoured to be be over $50m (£13M)

American Pop star Michael Jackson failed to refinance his Neverland ranch to save it from being auctioned off, his lawyer says. It was then that Sir Cliff stepped in with his winning bid.

Sir Cliff is set to move into the 'fun park' later this month. He is expected not to change anything and is looking forward to riding on Michael Jackson's 'Big Dipper'.

Neverland was closed in 2006 after Jackson failed to pay his staff, he bought Neverland in 1987 intending to create a fantasy land for children.

It is named after an island in the story Peter Pan, where children never grow up which is what attracted the evergreen Cliff Richard to the property.

"It's fantastic" said Sir Cliff "Una Stubbs and the Shadows are heading over as is Alvin Stardust - we are going to ride the rides and then open it up for the kids."

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s1i31951

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just think every day he'll be able to say his classic line "I know! Let's put on a show!"

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Una Stubbs, The Shadows, and Alvin Stardust..... God it's like the line-up of some ghastly Celeb Big Brother.

Great fun for all the family.....NOT :thumbdown:

Posted on

here's Neverland ......

It's kind of long and thin ( Ooer! ) so zoom out to see more. You'll the turning circles at either end of Jacko's little railway line

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Hancock wrote:British Pop sensation, the ever young Sir Cliff Richard, is set to buy Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch for an undisclosed fee, however it is rumoured to be be over $50m (£13M)

American Pop star Michael Jackson failed to refinance his Neverland ranch to save it from being auctioned off, his lawyer says. It was then that Sir Cliff stepped in with his winning bid.

Sir Cliff is set to move into the 'fun park' later this month. He is expected not to change anything and is looking forward to riding on Michael Jackson's 'Big Dipper'.

Neverland was closed in 2006 after Jackson failed to pay his staff, he bought Neverland in 1987 intending to create a fantasy land for children.

It is named after an island in the story Peter Pan, where children never grow up which is what attracted the evergreen Cliff Richard to the property.

"It's fantastic" said Sir Cliff "Una Stubbs and the Shadows are heading over as is Alvin Stardust - we are going to ride the rides and then open it up for the kids."

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s1i31951

The wizened old crone really must have lost his marbles!! :howl:

Fine Barman!

Posted on

There is a serious article in today's Observer.

Apparently he's planning on making an album that sells bigger than the Thriller album. Believe that when I see it. :rofl:

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Is he going to do comeback concerts at the Dome, I mean O2 arena?

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

I wonder if I'm the only one who'll ever admit to liking some of Cliff's stuff? The early material has dated badly apart from a few gems like In The Country and The Day I Met Marie. But in the late 70s he rethought his career, which was in the doldrums. He made a comeback album called I'm Nearly Famous that a lot of critics actually praised. After years of being mocked as a christian in music whose rise had been washed away by the sex, drugs and rock and roll of the era, Cliff was 'cool' again.

Shortly after this revival he scored his first American hit, Devil Woman. Out of this period also came Miss You Nights, We Don't Talk Any More, Carrie and Wired For Sound. Not earth - shattering material, but perfectly listenable pop fare if you like that sort of thing. And certainly an improvement on Bachelor Boy and Summer Holiday anyway.

And, a little known fact, he actually made a decent XMas record. Before the horror of Mistletoe And Wine and The Millennium Prayer, Cliff released Little Town - a really good atmospheric crimbo single.

I know he's easy to mock now, but Cliff had a spell of good musical form way back when that's easily forgotten.

Posted on

I've always like Cliff's music - and have no problem with admitting it - loved the film Summer Holiday too - the only songs of his I have a problem with are the overtly christian ones - but then I have a problem with anyone trying to thrust their beliefs down my throat, so to speak.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Posted on

I like Miss You Nights but I think that's about it, for me. I can't think of him without thinking of those awful shows on Saturday nights in the 70s - Cilla Black specials, Lulu specials, often with the Peter Gordino dancers and Lovelace Watkins. I don't know why people complain abut TV now. They weren't scarred for life by those! Seaside Special ..... aargghhhh!!!

:eek1:

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

I know! Let's put on a show!! :D :D

I remember seeing a clip of him doing a Christian Gig. He was very scathing about the infidels, to the cheers of the audience. :(

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:I remember seeing a clip of him doing a Christian Gig. He was very scathing about the infidels, to the cheers of the audience. :(

I can't imagine Cliff using the phrase 'infidels'. Still, if you take a religious or political stance in life, invariably you will have an enemy to oppose - be they atheists, Zionists, or whoever ;)

Here's a corker :cool1:

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I remember seeing a clip of him doing a Christian Gig. He was very scathing about the infidels, to the cheers of the audience. :(

I can't imagine Cliff using the phrase 'infidels'. Still, if you take a religious or political stance in life, invariably you'll have an enemy to oppose - be they infidels, Zionists, or whoever ;)

Here's a corker :cool1:

Posted on

How many poor critters died to give that numpty a coat? :spike:

Fine Barman!

Posted on

chinchin wrote:How many poor critters died to give that numpty a coat? :spike:

I know :( A lot of pop stars used to wear fur in those days.

Posted on

Does he like children? :sir:

Fine Barman!

Posted on

Don't know why, but this thread came up whilst searching for Alvin Stardust. Quite prophetic re Pilchard in 2008!

Fine Barman!

Posted on

chinchin wrote:Does he like children? :sir:

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :D :D

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
chinchin wrote:Does he like children? :sir:

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :D :D

The clue is in the initial link

...."we are going to ride the rides and then open it up for the kids."......."fun-park"

Clashes somewhat with Cliff slipping into fur though. :hyenas:

The best facial is a daily facial.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Celebs