Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Stupid movies !

Actress, Singer, Dancer. Model, Fashion designer, Perfume Seller, Author, Socialite and Cellulite!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

It seems like every movie I select to watch these days is pretty stupid. I tend to collect a few on the PVR and then set up the big screen (projector) to watch them. Last five I tried I've turned off after ten minutes or so. :rolleyes:

Currently watching Salt with Angelina Jolie which is also stupid, I'm just too lazy to turn it off and find something else. :rofl:

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

I'm not a film fan myself. There's probably about five ever made that I like.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Extremely rare I've got a channel in the background on where a movie comes on. Usually can't be bothered to change channels unless there's something on elsewhere I've planned to have on.

But I will make exceptions for those horrendously formulaic Hollywood movies, which look like they've been produced by Hollywood Movie Generator Pro V3.11.45 ( basic requirements DOS 5.0 or SX spectrum 640KRAM 200Kb free drive space )

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

If you can be mithered to watch subtitled movies, that's where the gold is :splif:
Or watch old TV series from years gone by, I bought The Sweeney boxed set. You're nicked son :)

Can't recall the last decent Hollywood movie I saw............

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

Grand Master

Posted on

phild05 wrote:Can't recall the last decent Hollywood movie I saw............

Hollywood offerings are like gold panning, loads of shit to sift through to find something worthwhile. That is why critics exist.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

phild05 wrote:If you can be mithered to watch subtitled movies, that's where the gold is :splif:

I would generally agree on that :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
phild05 wrote:If you can be mithered to watch subtitled movies, that's where the gold is :splif:

Are you thinking of more errr, naughty, foreign films perhaps? :D

They show lots of foreign (mainly Nordic) series on BBC4 which are supposed to be good. Though I hate subtitles usually and don't speak Swedish. :): Though they've run out I think and show other nations stuff as well, including Israeli shows.

Thing about the films though is that the reviews in Digiguide etc often show them as being an interesting plot and rate them at 4 stars. But you start watching and maybe aliens appear or summat else daft. Maybe if I developed a taste for rom-coms I'd be happier but that is unlikely to happen. :)

My worsening sleep problems have caused me to watch more than half of the Time Team episodes they ever made but still a few to go yet. Tonight I have the luxury of a Midsummer Murders I haven't seen before. :yippee:

Nutter!!

Posted on

diablo wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

Are you thinking of more errr, naughty, foreign films perhaps? :D

as a kid I used to like the expectation of seeing a bit of nudity on them. :) , but later the plots and cinematography were the attraction :)

They show lots of foreign (mainly Nordic) series on BBC4 which are supposed to be good. Though I hate subtitles usually and don't speak Swedish. :): Though they've run out I think and show other nations stuff as well, including Israeli shows.

Thing about the films though is that the reviews in Digiguide etc often show them as being an interesting plot and rate them at 4 stars. But you start watching and maybe aliens appear or summat else daft. Maybe if I developed a taste for rom-coms I'd be happier but that is unlikely to happen. :)

My worsening sleep problems have caused me to watch more than half of the Time Team episodes they ever made but still a few to go yet. Tonight I have the luxury of a Midsummer Murders I haven't seen before. :yippee:

I sued to love Time team, but got bored with it now as I realise a lot of it is choreographed and matey iwth the broad west country accent actually puts it on and speaks quite normally in real life.

It was funny seeing them "find" a tiny 5mm long piece of pottery and recontruct the whole thing and date it within 10 minutes :rofl: :rofl:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
I sued to love Time team, but got bored with it now as I realise a lot of it is choreographed and matey iwth the broad west country accent actually puts it on and speaks quite normally in real life.

It was funny seeing them "find" a tiny 5mm long piece of pottery and recontruct the whole thing and date it within 10 minutes :rofl: :rofl:

The pottery thing is probably genuine as archaeologists have been digging up nearly whole vases and pots for years, here and in Europe, and they know what the full things will look like already - so if you get a tiny bit that matches the pattern, well it probably is what they say. They don't make it up on the spot, they can find a full-size version to show on screen. :):

One thing does surprise me is that I've never seen a really duff episode, where they find bugger all. I assume they assess the sites beforehand but you'd think they'd get some really boring digs. Not that they are exactly wild fun shows anyway. :D

And although Carenza Lewis wasn't exactly beautiful I kinda liked her - I like natural blondes and the way her hair varied in colour with exposure to the sun, nicely variegated. Though I'm funny that way. :hmmm: Adds a little interest for me. :)

Nutter!!

Posted on

Yes I had some occasional fantasies about Carenza.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

+1 smeggy :D

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

Resuscitated this thread because I now have a free one month subscription to the Sky films available on Now TV. Supposedly over 1,000 super films on offer.

Being at a loose end on Tuesday night I browsed these films and didn't really find much at all. Selected a couple which seemed to have reasonable write-up but turned them both off after 15 minutes. :yawn: Will not be renewing sub.

Though there are a couple of old ones I might re-watch, Taxi Driver being one. Will have to watch it on my home cinema system rather than normal TV. The Bernard Hermann score is brilliant, that and the many gunshots will sound astonishing on my sound system. I'm always astonished by gunfire on my cinema sound system - so bloody loud and startling. :D Might warn the people next door in case they think I've murdered a few people. :):

Nutter!!

Posted on

diablo wrote:Resuscitated this thread because I now have a free one month subscription to the Sky films available on Now TV. Supposedly over 1,000 super films on offer.

Being at a loose end on Tuesday night I browsed these films and didn't really find much at all. Selected a couple which seemed to have reasonable write-up but turned them both off after 15 minutes. :yawn: Will not be renewing sub.

Though there are a couple of old ones I might re-watch, Taxi Driver being one. Will have to watch it on my home cinema system rather than normal TV. The Bernard Hermann score is brilliant, that and the many gunshots will sound astonishing on my sound system. I'm always astonished by gunfire on my cinema sound system - so bloody loud and startling. :D Might warn the people next door in case they think I've murdered a few people. :):

You should hire a sales girl with your savings that walks up and down the aisle shouting "Albatross!"

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
You should hire a sales girl with your savings that walks up and down the aisle shouting "Albatross!"

Is that from Python or summat ? Don't remember.

There is only one comfy armchair in my little cinema so she'd have to walk around me. :):

Nutter!!

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

diablo wrote:Resuscitated this thread because I now have a free one month subscription to the Sky films available on Now TV. Supposedly over 1,000 super films on offer.

At 90 minutes per film on average you won't get the time.

'Super' films eh ? It's like a restaurant advising that food in the menu is 'delicious'. Eye of the beholder and all that.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

I actually watched a film on Now TV. As I've said before I'm not much of a film fan, but watched The Green Mile. Seen it a few times before and one of the few films I like.

Complete Nutter!!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Celebs