Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Peaches Geldof branded 'pointless' shock !

Actress, Singer, Dancer. Model, Fashion designer, Perfume Seller, Author, Socialite and Cellulite!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

The 19-year-old has suffered an unprecedented wave of hate from thousands of readers who panned her first ever column for a New York magazine.

The website of fashion mag Nylon was besieged by a barrage of hateful comments from readers this week, who were appalled at what they claimed was her 'arrogance' and 'pointlessness'.

The magazine was forced to delete hundreds of the hurtful comments from its website, only to find hundreds more left in their place by incensed punters.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... abuse.html

The same happens when I add comments to the BoJo column in The Telegraph. My comments get deleted but thousands of other abusive comments remain, fortunately. To think that he gets a quarter of million per year for ten minutes worth of random rambling prose. I definitely chose the wrong career and hairstyle. :roll: :hmmm:

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

diablo wrote:[i]The 19-year-old has suffered an unprecedented wave of hate from thousands of readers who panned her first ever column for a New York magazine.

I just read that 'first ever column' - I can see why people are slating it. it's a pile of dog poo. 'pointless' is an accurate description.

One comment said: "Who'd have thought Victoria Beckham would suddenly look appealing? "

It has to be bad when Victoria Beckham is seen as a quality improvement.

I'm not sure she deserves 'hate' but it's complete crap.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

diablo wrote:[i]The 19-year-old has suffered an unprecedented wave of hate from thousands of readers who panned her first ever column for a New York magazine.

I just read that 'first ever column' - I can see why people are slating it. it's a pile of dog poo. 'pointless' is an accurate description.

One comment said: "Who'd have thought Victoria Beckham would suddenly look appealing? "

It has to be bad when Victoria Beckham is seen as a quality improvement.

I'm not sure she deserves 'hate' but it's complete crap.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

"Don’t get me wrong, I have always loved London, it’s a city where being unusual is accepted-the norm, even. The music scene is so strong that you can’t walk through certain areas without being compelled to duck into some dive bar to see a band playing music unlike anything you’ve heard before. I grew up there, walked its cobbled streets a thousand times, and frequented its infamous haunts. The skies are always gray and the weather is freezing, but the place is alive, an epicentre of art, and vibrant with culture. The decision to leave my homeland was difficult, but I’m happy I made it. "

What a load of pretentious vacuous nonsense.

Peaches Geldof... FUCK OFF!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

One comment reads "she's only 19 and can't help that she was born into a wealthy family" which is very true, but she can help inflicting her simpering idiocy on the rest of humanity by not writing a magazine column. Why do rich and famous people so often believe their views are more valuable than anyone else's? I can't believe she actually admitted that she gave an elderly Mexican woman a dollar for a shirt that was supposedly a family heirloom. What a tight-arse!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: You tell 'er smeggy!

Posted on

ariane wrote:One comment reads "she's only 19 and can't help that she was born into a wealthy family" which is very true, but she can help inflicting her simpering idiocy on the rest of humanity by not writing a magazine column. Why do rich and famous people so often believe their views are more valuable than anyone else's? I can't believe she actually admitted that she gave an elderly Mexican woman a dollar for a shirt that was supposedly a family heirloom. What a tight-arse!

I don't care what background someone comes from as long as they've got talent.

I just saw this linked in one of the replies ...

:rofl: :rofl:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

As usual another generous over estimation on her part /\/\/\/\ :finger:

***** When things turn weird....the weird turn pro - Hunter S Thompson *****

not so noobywooby
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

I suppose she's just a spokesperson for her generation (the British section atleast). Clearly she's stumbled into the position because of who her dad is but I have to say, in the middle of all this moron chav culture we're living in/being force fed, I'm not too worried about young people being figure-headed by a Geldof. Albeit a young, naive, unlearned Geldof.

Foo foo. Let's all foo foo.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

One of the most annoying people of 2008 :mad:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

diablo wrote:The same happens when I add comments to the BoJo column in The Telegraph. My comments get deleted but thousands of other abusive comments remain, fortunately. To think that he gets a quarter of million per year for ten minutes worth of random rambling prose. I definitely chose the wrong career and hairstyle. :roll: :hmmm:

The same thing happened to me when I tried adding a reasoned comment to this story about Peter The Painter in the Mail. I found myself strangely out of step with the other contributors. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... laque.html

Posted on

haha lets go and troll the mail comments!

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I can't stand Peaches Geldof either and also think she's one of the most pointless people of 2008. But why is there such a "demand" for her?

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:"Don’t get me wrong, I have always loved London, it’s a city where being unusual is accepted-the norm, even. The music scene is so strong that you can’t walk through certain areas without being compelled to duck into some dive bar to see a band playing music unlike anything you’ve heard before. I grew up there, walked its cobbled streets a thousand times, and frequented its infamous haunts. The skies are always gray and the weather is freezing, but the place is alive, an epicentre of art, and vibrant with culture. The decision to leave my homeland was difficult, but I’m happy I made it. "

What a load of pretentious vacuous nonsense.

That's London is it?

She's missed out the dancing Cockney chimney sweeps. :confused:

Posted on

yeah, the cobbled streets...paved with gold?

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I haven't watched BBC3's "Most annoying 100 people of 2008" yet, but I reckon Peaches will have made the top 25 this year. :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Return to Celebs