Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Amy Winehouse

Actress, Singer, Dancer. Model, Fashion designer, Perfume Seller, Author, Socialite and Cellulite!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

AMY Winehouse Banned from the US? Is this true, because someone called me the other day and brought it up. What happened there? :confused:

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

I never know what to believe with Amy Winehouse. There's so much fabricated hype going on

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

The visa has been granted but won't be available in time according to various reports, e.g. see here.

Hardly the end of the world for her. If she wasn't famous then she would have been permanently banned from visiting the US.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Sounds like a shame really. She is letting her talents go to waste, in my opinion. But then again, who wants to get into the US these days anyway?

*quickly writes an apology to all the Smeggy US members*

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

If she's unwell, then maybe a trip to the states to parade about in public, accept her award and promote herself, wouldn't have been the best idea anyway.

I think she is a very talented but very troubled young woman. She needs to get well again before taking up more work.

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:If she's unwell, then maybe a trip to the states to parade about in public, accept her award and promote herself, wouldn't have been the best idea anyway.

I think she is an very talented but very troubled young woman. She needs to get well again before taking up more work.

Well said. :thumb:

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:If she's unwell, then maybe a trip to the states to parade about in public, accept her award and promote herself, wouldn't have been the best idea anyway.

I think she is a very talented but very troubled young woman. She needs to get well again before taking up more work.

I totally agree.

The other night there was a debate on Richard Bacons show on 5live, there was Richard, some music producer guy, and this American guy, American guy was saying it was a bad idea AW going to the states whilst she was going through rehab, and the main reason people wanted her at the Grammys was because the state she was in she'd make a bad show of it, this of course would have made good headlines and great publicity for the event. Poor Amy of course would have sank even further, so it was a good thing for her that her visa was refused.

I lay in bed listening to this thinking yea this guy's making scene, as much as I love her singing I also want her to recover and have a long career, to have her performing whilst in the middle of rehab is not going to help her, let her rest, leave her alone to sort herself out.

Sadly Bacon and the music producer guy didn't agree so they were very dismissive of American guy, later on they read out the texts and e-mails about 90% were in agreement with American guy, so the subject was soon dropped.

Onwards and Upwards

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

It was great to see the bits they showed of her satellite grammy performance. She still looks very thin, but her skin looked a little healthier and she had a twinkle in her eye again! :)

I loved her shocked and emotional face when she got one of her awards - I hope all of this spurns her on along the road to recovery.

Her mum was on gmtv this morning. She said AW went straight back to the clinic after the performance and it had given her a big boost. Her mum was lovely.

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:I never know what to believe with Amy Winehouse. There's so much fabricated hype going on

Smeggy I totally agree with you here, I've often suspected that a lot of this mayhem is contrived.

On a roll!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!

Posted on

Bacchus wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I never know what to believe with Amy Winehouse. There's so much fabricated hype going on

Smeggy I totally agree with you here, I've often suspected that a lot of this mayhem is contrived.

of course. It's big business. For all this devastated by drugs hype she looked fine performing he tunes the other day. The Pete Doherty nonsense was another big hype.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Celebs