Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Elaine Paige overload (Radio 2)

Poptastic Mate! It's all for Charity!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:The ghastly Elaine Paige will be a guest on Michael Ball's show in a few weeks time. Why? It's bad enough she's on Radio 2.

And more bad news - Elaine will be sitting in for Paul O'Grady later in the summer, as Paul is going on a cruise.

It's nice to know that the credit crunch isn't affecting everyone. :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong Scott I love *her singing voice* But HATE her how! She just waffles and waffles along and *SHE AINT GOT A RADIO VOICE* maybe me! She was gorgeous in her old shows!

Paul O Grady is sooo fab and he effin well makes me laugh and he takes the piss out of himself and others.......He is lovely to listen to.......Better him take over HER slot!!! :chin:

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:There are rumours circulating in the radio grapevine that Bob Shennan is planning to sack Elaine Paige and replace with Denise Van Outen. Denise has presented on Radio 2 before, and she was a hit.

I think Denise would be ideal on Elaine's slot; and she would lure younger stage and screen fans to the network. Elaine Paige has an amazing voice, you can't deny that, but her radio presentation skills are dire, just dire - she's as bad as Sarah Kennedy.

I dread to think what Elaine will be like when she sits in for Paul. I might not bother tuning in, as I cannot stand her excruciating radio presentation.

To be honest Scott I havent heard Denise! Yep totally right about EP! she sometimes sounds like she's drunk! Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh hellllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooo then goes on an on!. God the worse thing I was told ages ago is that I look like her.............. :eek: :eek: Hmmph *She aint that bad looking* :cool1: :)

I just think she's had her time. :thumb:

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

TBH Scott, and this isn't just because I happen to like Sarah, if Jakki Brambles does replace her then I will be down to one show a week on Radio 2 and that of course will be the magnificent SOTS. I used to have to listen to JB every day when I worked in a small office some years ago and other people wanted her on, and I could not stand her then.

Still Radio2's loss will be the Gold networks gain.

John H

On three rolls!!

Posted on

Oh I do hate Elaine Paige! She presents my old Sunday lunchtime slot you know!

Cow!

noobywooby

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Radio