Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

BBC sacks DJ for nigger mistake

Poptastic Mate! It's all for Charity!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
Resonance wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
crumbs wrote:People should be allowed to say anything they want to. People, on the whole, are generally good. Society would police itself and those who live in the cesspit of society would be shunned naturally.

I fucking hate political correctness. People need to have the balls to lay their cards on the table. Everyone has a prejudice and people would actually get along better with each other if they understood each others plus and minus points.



Anything?

Should people be allowed to incite violence,for example calling for the mass murder of one group of people? What about slander, lible, etc


I would argue that it's much better to have people shouting their mouth off for all to hear than be afraid to speak out in public. All that gagging people does is drive them underground. I'd rather know who and where the nutters are and what their real agenda is. Rather than a sanitised version for the public and the real agenda underground.........see the BNP for an example.


The problem is that can mean actual violence if someone influential starts calling for group X to be killed and the pitchfork chavs start hinting people down.


It can, but so can having underground groups we don't know about, that don't speak to the general public about their views, but do to their like minded people.

Overall I still think it's better to let people spout their bollocks and trust others to judge them for what they are.

As with anything there's positives and negatives, but free speech is such a basic right imo that it should be upheld.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19174
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
Resonance wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
crumbs wrote:People should be allowed to say anything they want to. People, on the whole, are generally good. Society would police itself and those who live in the cesspit of society would be shunned naturally.

I fucking hate political correctness. People need to have the balls to lay their cards on the table. Everyone has a prejudice and people would actually get along better with each other if they understood each others plus and minus points.



Anything?

Should people be allowed to incite violence,for example calling for the mass murder of one group of people? What about slander, lible, etc


I would argue that it's much better to have people shouting their mouth off for all to hear than be afraid to speak out in public. All that gagging people does is drive them underground. I'd rather know who and where the nutters are and what their real agenda is. Rather than a sanitised version for the public and the real agenda underground.........see the BNP for an example.


The problem is that can mean actual violence if someone influential starts calling for group X to be killed and the pitchfork chavs start hinting people down.


It can, but so can having underground groups we don't know about, that don't speak to the general public about their views, but do to their like minded people.

Overall I still think it's better to let people spout their bollocks and trust others to judge them for what they are.


What about the case where people had wrongly accused a bloke of being a paedo and then some chavs beat him up and killed him?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 116262
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
Resonance wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
Resonance wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
crumbs wrote:People should be allowed to say anything they want to. People, on the whole, are generally good. Society would police itself and those who live in the cesspit of society would be shunned naturally.

I fucking hate political correctness. People need to have the balls to lay their cards on the table. Everyone has a prejudice and people would actually get along better with each other if they understood each others plus and minus points.



Anything?

Should people be allowed to incite violence,for example calling for the mass murder of one group of people? What about slander, lible, etc


I would argue that it's much better to have people shouting their mouth off for all to hear than be afraid to speak out in public. All that gagging people does is drive them underground. I'd rather know who and where the nutters are and what their real agenda is. Rather than a sanitised version for the public and the real agenda underground.........see the BNP for an example.


The problem is that can mean actual violence if someone influential starts calling for group X to be killed and the pitchfork chavs start hinting people down.


It can, but so can having underground groups we don't know about, that don't speak to the general public about their views, but do to their like minded people.

Overall I still think it's better to let people spout their bollocks and trust others to judge them for what they are.


What about the case where people had wrongly accused a bloke of being a paedo and then some chavs beat him up and killed him?


Not good obviously, but I don't think a law stops people like that doing what they do anyway. It has a negative impact in other areas though.

There is a law now about libel/slander now, but people still accuse people of being this, that and the other with absolutely no or little evidence, even on this very forum.

Libel/slander laws are ridiculous anyway. If someone libels a poor person what they going to do? If a poor person tells the truth about a rich person, but the rich person doesn't like it and sues for libel how can the poor person affectively defend themselves. Answer is they can't. The law on this is about people who can afford 'justice' getting it and those who can't can't.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19174
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

As you know I'm all for free speech, but should there be an "anything goes" approach?

What for example if the MSM took it's anti-Muslim rhetoric a step further and started calling for the mass extermination of Muslims? Or Disabled/incapacitated people or "workshy" or Immigrants, etc. or gays?

crumbs wrote:As I said before, most people are generally good so extreme views would become policed by society by shunning the extremists over time.


Iagree most people are generally good, but unfortunately we don't have an even spread of power so I don't think that can be extended across the board. What about the extremists in power? Britain's powerbase has been complicit in mass murder terrorism in the Middle east over the last couple of decades and society wasn't able to successfully police that. Millions of decent people marched against these acts of terrorism but the Govt ignored them and did it anyway. Extremists like Blair were able to enact their willingness to commit terrorism and while millions did indeed march against it such si the level of deception millions more were actually indoctrinated to vote for him.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 116262
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Scott Nelson wrote:The BBC has received a backlash from listeners who are extremely angry with the way this debacle has been handled. However, the BBC has vowed that he will not be returning to the BBC after the way he was ousted.


I thought he was the one who refused to return after the way he was treated?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 116262
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

BBC taking the moral high ground. - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 116262
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
Scott Nelson wrote:The BBC has received a backlash from listeners who are extremely angry with the way this debacle has been handled. However, the BBC has vowed that he will not be returning to the BBC after the way he was ousted.


I thought he was the one who refused to return after the way he was treated?


He could always 'black up ?' (equality and all that)

Image

It is the radio after all, nobody would notice.

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Insane Poster
Posts: 20569
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

chinchin wrote:Bloody stupid and totally OTT. The song was 'The Sun has Got His Hat On'. I doubt anyone (including the BBC Music Library) knew it contained the word 'Nigger'.

Totally agreed, how stupid to sack him over such a small and genuine error!

I'm sure I heard somewhere before (don't know how long ago) that Jeremy Clarkson actually said that word, and he hasn't been sacked has he? :rolleyes:

Hence, why I refuse to listen to any BBC Radio stations.




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

The BBC should sack themselves for having it in their archives.

Let them eat rich, expensive, funny-shaped, yellow, eggy buns.

User avatar
Really Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 2090
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:04 pm
Location: Follyoaks
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: unplugged

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Midnightmemories wrote:
chinchin wrote:Bloody stupid and totally OTT. The song was 'The Sun has Got His Hat On'. I doubt anyone (including the BBC Music Library) knew it contained the word 'Nigger'.

Totally agreed, how stupid to sack him over such a small and genuine error!

I'm sure I heard somewhere before (don't know how long ago) that Jeremy Clarkson actually said that word, and he hasn't been sacked has he? :rolleyes:

Hence, why I refuse to listen to any BBC Radio stations.


It is disputable whether he did or not. I heard the recording and couldn't decide what he said.

But the offending (if it was) piece was never broadcast, it was one of several takes he did for something.

On the BBC radio stations I listen to (3,4,5, and world) they never use the the term 'nigger' unless it is in a discussion about that word - and the programme has warnings before the programme and before the item in case you, the listener, happens to be a delicate flower who wilts at such a dreadful sound.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9705
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

The BBC took action after just one listener complained to say he was ‘horrified’ by what he heard.


So 1 person complained wonder if this person watch the dambusters which was on channel 5 a few weeks ago, and was shown unedited, and the word nigger wasn't censored, and it was said at least 8 times, now this guy must be furious at this



User avatar
On two rolls!!
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:24 am

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

A Woman in Winter wrote:
The BBC took action after just one listener complained to say he was ‘horrified’ by what he heard.


So 1 person complained wonder if this person watch the dambusters which was on channel 5 a few weeks ago, and was shown unedited, and the word nigger wasn't censored, and it was said at least 8 times, now this guy must be furious at this

it's ridiculous really isn't it AWIW ? it's just a bloody word after all for crying out loud

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

A Woman in Winter wrote:.... now this guy must be furious at this


The term is 'browned off'. :thumb:

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Insane Poster
Posts: 20569
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Channel Hopper wrote:
A Woman in Winter wrote:.... now this guy must be furious at this


The term is 'browned off'. :thumb:

and the person is giving black looks :)

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Scott Nelson wrote:
A Woman in Winter wrote:
The BBC took action after just one listener complained to say he was ‘horrified’ by what he heard.


So 1 person complained wonder if this person watch the dambusters which was on channel 5 a few weeks ago, and was shown unedited, and the word nigger wasn't censored, and it was said at least 8 times, now this guy must be furious at this


The BBC has been scared of complaints ever since the Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross debacle in 2008.

it's not just the beeb that's scared scott . the whole bloody population is scared to " offend " some fucking " minority " .
it's about time these idiot thought police dickheads grew up and developed a fucking sense of humour .
don't you agree ya fucking poofter ? ;) :d

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Now official, innit !



She appeared not to realise why she had been stopped, and asked: "Am I not cool enough for you bro ?



http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44209141

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... off-limits

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Insane Poster
Posts: 20569
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Channel Hopper wrote:Now official, innit !



She appeared not to realise why she had been stopped, and asked: "Am I not cool enough for you bro ?



http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44209141

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... off-limits


It's nearing the stage where only Zionists can say the word Zionist

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 116262
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
Channel Hopper wrote:Now official, innit !



She appeared not to realise why she had been stopped, and asked: "Am I not cool enough for you bro ?



http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44209141

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... off-limits


It's nearing the stage where only Zionists can say the word Zionist


Will I have to burn my Bob Marley records in the street ?

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Insane Poster
Posts: 20569
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Channel Hopper wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
Channel Hopper wrote:Now official, innit !



She appeared not to realise why she had been stopped, and asked: "Am I not cool enough for you bro ?



http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44209141

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... off-limits


It's nearing the stage where only Zionists can say the word Zionist


Will I have to burn my Bob Marley records in the street ?



Death for possession under the NWO ;)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 116262
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Radio

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron