Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

New talk radio station talkRADIO

Poptastic Mate! It's all for Charity!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Scott is your radio man. Up until 2 days ago I thought LBC stood for London Broadcasting Company :doh: :doh: :doh:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112583
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

It's linked with TalkSport and Virgin.

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 17614
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

crumbs wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Scott is your radio man. Up until 2 days ago I thought LBC stood for London Broadcasting Company :doh: :doh: :doh:


I think decades ago it was, then in recent years LBC stood for "London's Biggest Conversation". A couple of years ago it went national so it now stands for "Leading Britain's Conversation".


I'm not going totally nuts then :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112583
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

crumbs wrote:Do any of you media whizzes have any info on the new talk radio station called talkRADIO (Twitter: @talkRADIO)? Apparently it's launching next month and has two of my favourite radio show presenters on it, Iain Lee and George Galloway.


It's going to be on the new national DAB multiplex, which will cover about 70% of the UK population. Will obviously be available online as well.

I'm looking forward to it. I liked the original Talk Radio UK back in the mid '90s. Hopefully this is similar. George Galloway should definitely be worth a listen.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 18891
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

LBC is also known as 'London's Biggest Conversation'.

:mwave1:

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 15323
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:26 am
Location: With Chas
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Not happy. Not sad. Somewhere in between

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Hope Danny Baker will have a regular slot, he is a radio genius!

:mwave1:

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 15323
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:26 am
Location: With Chas
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Not happy. Not sad. Somewhere in between

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:
crumbs wrote:Do any of you media whizzes have any info on the new talk radio station called talkRADIO (Twitter: @talkRADIO)? Apparently it's launching next month and has two of my favourite radio show presenters on it, Iain Lee and George Galloway.


It's going to be on the new national DAB multiplex, which will cover about 70% of the UK population. Will obviously be available online as well.

I'm looking forward to it. I liked the original Talk Radio UK back in the mid '90s. Hopefully this is similar. George Galloway should definitely be worth a listen.


yup, I've been listening to some Youtube recordings of George's shows. They he puts down Zionist supporters is hilarious

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112583
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

To launch 21st March
http://radiotoday.co.uk/2016/02/schedul ... -revealed/

I can't abide the pompous boasting of Galloway and not inspired by the rest of em.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9649
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Yes, he's excellent in debates and a brilliant orator generally. I suppose you could say he's a bit of a Marmite figure, but whether you agree with him or not I don't think it can be denied how passionate he is and how well he puts his point of view across.

I'll be tuning in to his show.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 18891
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Can't wait. Sick of all music stations and all sport, refreshing to have another source of talk.

My view of other stations offering speech radio:

Radio 4 - Painfully middle class and right wing biaised.

Radio 5 Live - Like the curate's egg-good in parts, but way too much sport,

BBC World Service - Good in parts, but often too focussed on Africa, tribal/obscure highbrow

TalkSPORT- Nuff said.

LBC - Very right wing biaised with some gems still worth listening too, but very thin on the ground.

R4 Extra - Entertaining -not bad , but too many serial dramas.



Fine Barman!
Posts: 10599
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

chinchin wrote:Can't wait. Sick of all music stations and all sport, refreshing to have another source of talk.

My view of other stations offering speech radio:

Radio 4 - Painfully middle class and right wing biaised.

Radio 5 Live - Like the curate's egg-good in parts, but way too much sport,

BBC World Service - Good in parts, but often too focussed on Africa, tribal/obscure highbrow

TalkSPORT- Nuff said.

LBC - Very right wing biaised with some gems still worth listening too, but very thin on the ground.

R4 Extra - Entertaining -not bad , but too many serial dramas.


You missed out Heart Chins

Heart: Playlist of 100 songs, smash head against wall :banghead: Has to be the worst station going.

They're putting Heart Extra on Digital One (existing national DAB mux). So we're going to be treated to that. There's no wonder I listen to mostly online only stations.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 18891
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:
chinchin wrote:Can't wait. Sick of all music stations and all sport, refreshing to have another source of talk.

My view of other stations offering speech radio:

Radio 4 - Painfully middle class and right wing biaised.

Radio 5 Live - Like the curate's egg-good in parts, but way too much sport,

BBC World Service - Good in parts, but often too focussed on Africa, tribal/obscure highbrow

TalkSPORT- Nuff said.

LBC - Very right wing biaised with some gems still worth listening too, but very thin on the ground.

R4 Extra - Entertaining -not bad , but too many serial dramas.


You missed out Heart Chins

Heart: Playlist of 100 songs, smash head against wall :banghead: Has to be the worst station going.

They're putting Heart Extra on Digital One (existing national DAB mux). So we're going to be treated to that. There's no wonder I listen to mostly online only stations.


:eek4: *Runs and hides*



Fine Barman!
Posts: 10599
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

chinchin wrote:TalkSPORT- Nuff said.


Sponsored by Dignitas

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112583
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I hope this station is popular and that that smug twat James O'Brien (LBC) loses some listeners.



On a roll!
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:03 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

That Hartley-Brewer woman is enough to make me not to listen to the station full-stop :mad: :maduk:

:mwave1:

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 15323
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:26 am
Location: With Chas
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Not happy. Not sad. Somewhere in between

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Morph wrote:That Hartley-Brewer woman is enough to make me not to listen to the station full-stop :mad: :maduk:


Me too. :(



Fine Barman!
Posts: 10599
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Launches tomorrow at 6am.

Galloway isn't going to be on until after the London mayoral election I believe.

http://talkradio.co.uk/



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 18891
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Disappointed the station hasn't hired Danny Baker, Tommy Boyd or Anne Robinson (she was an excellent stand-in for Jimmy Young on Radio 2 in the 1990s).

:mwave1:

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 15323
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:26 am
Location: With Chas
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Not happy. Not sad. Somewhere in between

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Good start from Paul this morning. Lots of interesting and varied content. Light and shade. :) :thumb: :cool1:



Fine Barman!
Posts: 10599
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Morph wrote:Disappointed the station hasn't hired Danny Baker, Tommy Boyd or Anne Robinson (she was an excellent stand-in for Jimmy Young on Radio 2 in the 1990s).



You'd think Tommy Boyd would be a given. :'(



Fine Barman!
Posts: 10599
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Radio

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests