Le Temps Qui Reste - the ending, when he lies down on the beach and dies :cry:

Dead Poets Society - the ending, Oh Captain My Captain :cry:

Watership Down - Bright Eyes... :cry:

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Oh...

Cyrano De Bergerac (star. Gerard Depardieu) - the end when he is dying and she realises the poems were actually written by him :cry:

Super Smegster

Posted on

Breakfast at Tiffany's ... when Holly puts Cat out of the taxi then chases after him in the rain.

I have more, but that one springs to mind cos it was the last movie I watched.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

The Highlander ..... where he marries Heather and they're skipping around the fields quite happily .... but the camera moves in on Heather and she's aged.

Then she's really old and dies in his arms ...... :( :( :( :(

Desperately heartwrenching.

Posted on

The Sound of Music when the children are singing sadly to the Captain and the Baroness out on the terrace after Maria has left them...

...and then Maria arrives back from the convent and hugs them all, and the captain looks at her and his children...and, oh! what a moment.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

whimsical oracle wrote:Dead Poets Society - the ending, Oh Captain My Captain :cry:

Those two flooded me. To Kill A Mockingbird has also has a sad ending, and the classic of weepies - ET. Spielberg has made me cry quite often in his films :oops:

I'm sure music plays a big part in this, all the above had superb scores that were really touching.

Posted on

I uncontrollably burst into tears looking at the little girls face at the moment of Sophie's choice as I was not prepared for that at all...

I shed a lot of 'normal' tears at film as I'm a big cry-baby....

I think I last cried watching Wit by Mike Nichols with a splendid Emma Thompson. No wait..., it was V for Vendetta.... (watched it twice, cried twice...).

On a roll!

Posted on

Sophie's Choice made me cry too Sonne, but I think it was the end that did it. Another film I saw recently that had a similar effect at the end was Meet Joe Black. That flooded me :( :pp:

Posted on

How about the English Patient? One of the most moving films I've ever seen :(

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:Sophie's Choice made me cry too Sonne, but I think it was the end that did it. Another film I saw recently that had a similar effect at the end was Meet Joe Black. That flooded me :( :pp:

Meet Joe Black made me cry and Brokeback Mountain was another one that had me in tears. :cry: :cry:

ImageImage

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

And Pumpkinhead ..... at the beginning where that sweet little boy dies in his dad's arms .... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

In fact any film where someone lovely dies in the arms of someone who loves them ....... :oops:

Posted on

AND Madame X where she is forced to leave her little boy with his father and then years later she thinks she hears him calling her and she's running through the rain one night looking for him......

..... oh Lordy, I'm going to have to stop posting here ..... it's SO SAD!!!!! :oops: :oops:

Posted on

After the death of Heath Ledger watching Brokeback Moutain mad me feel sad :( it felt weird knowing hes not around anymore.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

http://www.main.ffafansite.co.uk/

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Memory & Humanity is finally here

Posted on

To be honest, I'll cry at pretty much anything, the big fucking wuss that I am. But there're three that are guaranteed.

Roy's speech at the end of Blade Runner- "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark at the Tannhauser Gate. All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die" ALWAYS fucking gets me.

The other two are both Tim Burton (and have Johnny Depp involved, like so many great movies do). Ed Wood- pretty much ANY scene with Martin Landau as Bela. The way Depp-as-Wood's totally shiny optimism rubs up against Landau-as-Lugosi's "being nearly dead"-ness is utterly heartbreaking.

And, cheesy though it may be, Winona Ryder dancing in the snow at the end of Edward Scissorhands. Other than Ed Wood, I think that's Burton's greatest film. It does cheese at ALL the right bits.

Oh, and I forgot the last few minutes of Harvey. Harvey is quite possibly the most beautiful film ever made. And one of the funniest. Especially if, like me, you have a drink problem and are still UTTERLY convinced, in spite of all the evidence, that the way to make the world better is just to be nice to people.

"Pirates and bank-robbers, not lawyers or CEOs. Stockbrokers ain't your heroes"- The World/Inferno Friendship Society

Really Hooked!
Location: Behind the mask, with the idea. Because ideas are bulletproof.
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Lovesick, broke and driftin'

Posted on

The Green Mile - After John Coffey heals the wardens wife onwards really. Every time.

Whether long range weapon or suicide bomber a wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction whether you're soar away sun or BBC 1 misinformation is a weapon of mass destruc you could a Caucasian or a poor Asian racism is a weapon of mass destruction whether inflation or globalization fear is a weapon of mass destruction whether Halliburton or Enron or anyone greed is a weapon of mass destruction we need to find courage, overcome inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

Bra Burning Hippy
Current Mood: waiting

Posted on

GIR wrote:The Green Mile - After John Coffey heals the wardens wife onwards really. Every time.

That's one of the few films that really brings a lump to my throat. Especially at the end where he asks not to be blindfolded because he's afraid of the dark :(

Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

noobywooby

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:
whimsical oracle wrote:Dead Poets Society - the ending, Oh Captain My Captain :cry:

Those two flooded me. To Kill A Mockingbird has also has a sad ending, and the classic of weepies - ET. Spielberg has made me cry quite often in his films :oops:

I'm sure music plays a big part in this, all the above had superb scores that were really touching.

Th end of TKAM is a real tear jerker.

The bit in Wonderful Life where Jimmy Stewart says" I wanna live...please God, I wanna live" AND the very end when they are all coming to his rescue with the money.

The bit in Wuthering Heights when Larry O says to Merle O( who has just died" haunt me but never leave me"..,It gets me every time. :( :(

The end of "True Grit" when 'Duke' Wayne says" come up and see a fat old man some time" and the title song sung by Glen Campbell.

The bit in ''Sense and Sensibility" when Hugh Grant proposes to Emma T.

There's nowt quite like a good cry! :yippee:

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

stoatie wrote:To be honest, I'll cry at pretty much anything, the big fucking wuss that I am. But there're three that are guaranteed.

Roy's speech at the end of Blade Runner- "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark at the Tannhauser Gate. All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die" ALWAYS fucking gets me.

The other two are both Tim Burton (and have Johnny Depp involved, like so many great movies do). Ed Wood- pretty much ANY scene with Martin Landau as Bela. The way Depp-as-Wood's totally shiny optimism rubs up against Landau-as-Lugosi's "being nearly dead"-ness is utterly heartbreaking.

And, cheesy though it may be, Winona Ryder dancing in the snow at the end of Edward Scissorhands. Other than Ed Wood, I think that's Burton's greatest film. It does cheese at ALL the right bits.

Oh, and I forgot the last few minutes of Harvey. Harvey is quite possibly the most beautiful film ever made. And one of the funniest. Especially if, like me, you have a drink problem and are still UTTERLY convinced, in spite of all the evidence, that the way to make the world better is just to be nice to people.

:( :( :( :clap: :clap:

Well it doesn't hurt any, to do that, does it? I always remember Dolly P's advice to "give a smile away". I always have and I - almost - always get one back. :yippee:

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I cried at the end of cruel intentions when sebastian died, i also cried whem mufasa died in lion king and when michaels daughter got shot at the end of godfather part 3.

On a roll!

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:

I agree Mr.M. I think writing incidental music for films is a gifted occupation: they seem to match the movie's mood superbly.

I just remembered another weepie.

"Prince of Tides", right at the end when he is talking about his life...and of course that wonderful poignant music.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Movies