Skip to content

[Movie] Inside Job

Hollywood meets Popcorn!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Inside Job

ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE 'BEST DOCUMENTARY'

Critically acclaimed movie, produced, written & directed by Charles Ferguson

The subject of Inside Job is the global financial crisis of 2008. It features research and extensive interviews with financial insiders, politicians, journalists, and academics.

It was selected for a special screening at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. A reviewer writing from Cannes characterized the film as telling "a complex story exceedingly well and with a great deal of unalloyed anger. It lays out its essential argument, cogently and convincingly, that the 2008 meltdown was avoidable. ... Less familiar faces, including a brothel madam, and a therapist who each catered to Wall Street in the bubble years, are also seen, and the movie ends not long after Robert Gnaizda, formerly with the Greenlining Institute, a housing advocacy group, characterizes the Obama administration as 'a Wall Street government', a 'take' that Mr. Ferguson clearly endorses."

Article Source

INSIDE JOB OFFICIAL WEBSITE

INSIDE JOB OFFICIAL TRAILER

"TONGUE-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

Haunting Beauty
Current Mood: Spine chillingly spooky

Posted on

Boom and bust is a tool to make the elite money. Always has been. private banks control the money supply. Therefore they control whether there are booms and when their are busts. When you control the boom and busts you can buy and sell accordingly and rake it in.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Boom and bust is a tool to make the elite money. Always has been. private banks control the money supply. Therefore they control whether there are booms and when their are busts. When you control the boom and busts you can buy and sell accordingly and rake it in.

This forum is becoming more like a cinema every day.
I try to escape TV and spend some time on here as an alternative and all I get is long videos.

It's all a conspiracy.:rofl:

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Changeable

Posted on

Rocky wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Boom and bust is a tool to make the elite money. Always has been. private banks control the money supply. Therefore they control whether there are booms and when their are busts. When you control the boom and busts you can buy and sell accordingly and rake it in.

This forum is becoming more like a cinema every day.
I try to escape TV and spend some time on here as an alternative and all I get is long videos.

It's all a conspiracy.:rofl:

No long video's this time Rocky, you'll have to go to the cinema to see this one, it's just out. The clip above is just a Trailer. (i.e. Mainstream Movie, lol) :rofl:

Haunting Beauty

Posted on

Well I managed to procure a copy of Inside Job and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised (not to mention deeply enraged!!).

The film, which, quite courageously in my opinion, is narrated by Matt Damon, hats off to this very famous actor, features interviews that include a whole array of government and corporate bigwigs, both national and international, such as Nouriel Roubini, Barney Frank, George Soros, Eliot Spitzer, Charles R. Morris and many others.

During the documentary you will see a very interesting discussion of the mentality of many of these well-known billionaire lunatics (Hank Paulson, Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Larry Summers, etc) in an interview with a prolifically frequented psychotherapist to Wall Street’s excessive, prostitute frequenting, cocaine-snorting 'alpha' males. This is a man who, prior to the 'collapse' was concerned enough by what he was hearing in his sessions to publish warnings that unfortunately no one else heeded.

The film opens with an exploration of what happened to Iceland, - a once prosperous, self-contained country with a population of only 350,000 people, - after the decision came from 'on high' to deregulate their major banks. The subsequent meltdown of their economy was a version, in miniature, of what was to happen globally a short time later.

One step at a time, in easy to understand lay-speak, the film shows us exactly how and why the global collapse happened, who was responsible for the ruin of millions of innocent people, and how easy it was for them to saddle entire nations with toxic debts that they would never be able to repay.

And what's even worse, it's made tragically, horribly clear how easily it could happen again!

The so-called 'mysteries' of 'banking deregulation', 'subprime mortgages/loans', 'derivatives', 'leverage', etc, as well as the filthy underbelly of the current 'banking bonus culture', are all clearly and unambiguously revealed to the viewer, but best of all are the interviews with some of the squirming, stammering screwballs who walked away with enormous fortunes without shame or remorse from the catastrophe that they themselves had helped to engineer.

The film concludes with this shocking indictment on Barack Obama... ...that he has proceeded to re-appoint the very villains who cause the crash in the first place.

By the way, you won't see much about this in the British press - but it seems that Iceland have started to arrest their bankers, the ones that caused the 2008 collapse - many of whom are now living in mansions in London...

From 'IceNews' - 'More Icelandic bankers arrested'

Translated page from a Spanish newspaper - 'Iceland cages to their bankers'

'Iceland Shows Zero Tolerance and Arrests Bankers'

Haunting Beauty

Posted on

The Ruling Elite. via the Fractional Reserve Banking/Usury scam have got us by the balls. They determine whether we have food and shelter.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Clip from ”Inside Job” - Dominique Strauss Kahn criticizes US Treasury Secretary, Paulson, Bernanke & Bank CEO's

In this short clip from Inside Job (below) Strauss-Kahn is talking about the fact that Greenspan, Paulson, Bernanke, et al refused to regulate the sub-prime mortgage market, a decision that directly lead to the collapse of the world’s financial markets.

Greenspan himself, along with Bernanke and Paulson, were the driving force behind financial market ‘liberalisation’ (as Alan Greenspan put it) of the sub-prime market; this lead to companies being freer to gamble with their depositors' money, and, additionally, they were freer to borrow more, and freer to offer their investors mind-bendingly complex financial instruments, with income streams from different (sub-prime) debts.

Sub-prime mortgages are basically extremely high-interest home loans that are offered to high-risk borrowers (i.e. low wage earners, etc). These loans were then bundled up into ‘parcels’ (called CDO’s), and the CDO’s themselves were subsequently given AAA (triple A) ratings by the rating agencies (Moodies, Standard & Poors, etc)!

AAA is the same rating given to government bonds FFS!... …And yet… the ratings agencies were describing these CDO’s (bundles of sub-prime high-risk loans) with a AAA comparable rating!!

The trick was that these sub-primes were offered to low-wage-earners with an attractively low ‘starter’ payment for the first two years of their mortgage, so that it was not until the 3rd year that many many people AT THE SAME TIME began to default on their loans.

In the meantime of course, for those in the know, it was a pretty safe bet to ‘short’ (bet against) the sub-prime market, i.e. bet that a CDO was likely to fall in value. CEO’s of all the major banks bagan to buy Credit Default Swaps on the CDO’s parcels of sub-prime loans). Credit Default Swaps are basically a form of insurance that protects the lender in the event that a borrower of capital defaults on their loan. When a lender purchases a CDS from an insurance company, the liability of the loan becomes a credit that may be swapped for cash upon the loan defaulting.

Haunting Beauty

Return to Movies