Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Bafta Awards 2012

Hollywood meets Popcorn!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Bafta Awards 2012

The state propaganda Channel has got this on right now live. It all seems so false and even the A-Listers are being hearded about like cattle

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112628
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
The state propaganda Channel has got this on right now live.


The BBC?

Blindly believing everything that i dont read in the daily propaganda tabloids


Irritating the humorless since 1973

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9922
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 pm
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Yup that's the one.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112628
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Stuff the Bafta awards. The whole event is just a platform for dishing out accolades to an already over-rated band of elite celebrities.
They get paid for their acting and that should be enough.



User avatar
Super Smegsterwegsta
Posts: 4775
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:00 pm
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Changeable

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Stephen Fry had to practice earlier in the day using cardboard cutouts :rofl:

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter
Website: http://www.philter.org

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 6581
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Rocky wrote:Stuff the Bafta awards. The whole event is just a platform for dishing out accolades to an already over-rated band of elite celebrities.
They get paid for their acting and that should be enough.


That's the way I like to look at it.
I don't mind the luvvies and thespians patting themselves on the back, but the sheer over-decadence for what it is and social ubiquity of it just leaves me cold.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7045
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Gunner 51 wrote:
Rocky wrote:Stuff the Bafta awards. The whole event is just a platform for dishing out accolades to an already over-rated band of elite celebrities.
They get paid for their acting and that should be enough.


That's the way I like to look at it.
I don't mind the luvvies and thespians patting themselves on the back, but the sheer over-decadence for what it is and social ubiquity of it just leaves me cold.


Not to mention the extravagance of it all in these days when everyone is being hit hard with austerity measures.

It makes a mockery of Cameron's, "we're all in it together speech,"
He meant all except the world of showbusiness and the fiddling politicians.



User avatar
Super Smegsterwegsta
Posts: 4775
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:00 pm
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Changeable

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Rocky wrote:
Gunner 51 wrote:
Rocky wrote:Stuff the Bafta awards. The whole event is just a platform for dishing out accolades to an already over-rated band of elite celebrities.
They get paid for their acting and that should be enough.


That's the way I like to look at it.
I don't mind the luvvies and thespians patting themselves on the back, but the sheer over-decadence for what it is and social ubiquity of it just leaves me cold.


Not to mention the extravagance of it all in these days when everyone is being hit hard with austerity measures.

It makes a mockery of Cameron's, "we're all in it together speech,"
He meant all except the world of showbusiness and the fiddling politicians.


I don't mind making a mockery of David Cameron, the man is a prize pillock who wouldn't know financial hardship if it came up behind him and bit him on the arse. Bloody Etonians... :stomp: :)

But you are right that given the current socio-economic climate, it wouldn't hurt the luvvies to tone it down a little. Even if they are in a multi-national and multi-million pound industry.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7045
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky


Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Movies

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron