Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Anybody Remember The film 'Duel' 1971 Film?

Hollywood meets Popcorn!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Mr Squirrel wrote:Throughout the film, you never see the truck drivers face - only his cowboy boots as he walks around the truck in the Gas station early on in the film before the real tension begins.



Don't we also get to see his hairy greasy truck drivers forearms!

No offence! ;)

Image

User avatar
Loves The place!
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:14 pm
Location: Bolton, Lancs
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Tetchy!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Yep his arm on the window! Still effin sinister though.



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35358
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Docteur Qui wrote:
Mr Squirrel wrote:Throughout the film, you never see the truck drivers face - only his cowboy boots as he walks around the truck in the Gas station early on in the film before the real tension begins.



Don't we also get to see his hairy greasy truck drivers forearms!

No offence! ;)


None taken!

Unlike the film 'Convoy' however where you get to see hairy greasy truck drivers todgers and even one big hairy arsehole!


Maximum Overdrive.... The Earth passes into the tail of a comet and all the machines from vehicles to food blenders go mad and wage war on humans. In the final scene where the survivors of the Dixie boy truckstop sail off to a technically bereft island, some text appears on the screen explaining the end of the story. Basically a UFO in Earths orbit was destroyed by some sort of missile and ended the machines 'malfunctions'...

Another very crap but 'must see' film.... If only for the excellent AC/DC soundtrack.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 10638
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 pm
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Mr Squirrel wrote:
Docteur Qui wrote:
Mr Squirrel wrote:Throughout the film, you never see the truck drivers face - only his cowboy boots as he walks around the truck in the Gas station early on in the film before the real tension begins.



Don't we also get to see his hairy greasy truck drivers forearms!

No offence! ;)


None taken!

Unlike the film 'Convoy' however where you get to see hairy greasy truck drivers todgers and even one big hairy arsehole!


Maximum Overdrive.... The Earth passes into the tail of a comet and all the machines from vehicles to food blenders go mad and wage war on humans. In the final scene where the survivors of the Dixie boy truckstop sail off to a technically bereft island, some text appears on the screen explaining the end of the story. Basically a UFO in Earths orbit was destroyed by some sort of missile and ended the machines 'malfunctions'...

Another very crap but 'must see' film.... If only for the excellent AC/DC soundtrack.


I also remember someone's Rubber Duck! ;)

Maximum Overdrive: If memory serves...Lisa Simpson (aka Yeardley Smith) is in it!

Image

User avatar
Loves The place!
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:14 pm
Location: Bolton, Lancs
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Tetchy!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Docteur Qui wrote:
I also remember someone's Rubber Duck! ;)

Maximum Overdrive: If memory serves...Lisa Simpson (aka Yeardley Smith) is in it!



Correct! As the young bride who ends up being run off the road with her new husband, taking refuge in the Dixie boy.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 10638
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 pm
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Aww as saying before Stephen Kings books are awesome!



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35358
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Mr Squirrel wrote:Maximum Overdrive.... The Earth passes into the tail of a comet and all the machines from vehicles to food blenders go mad and wage war on humans. In the final scene where the survivors of the Dixie boy truckstop sail off to a technically bereft island, some text appears on the screen explaining the end of the story. Basically a UFO in Earths orbit was destroyed by some sort of missile and ended the machines 'malfunctions'...

Another very crap but 'must see' film.... If only for the excellent AC/DC soundtrack.


Er, no. Maximim Overdrive is just one very big pile of steaming poo. (it's the one with Emileo Estevez ?)

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Insane Poster
Posts: 23936
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

It is CH....

And i did say that it was very crap. :rofl:

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 10638
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 pm
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Dolls wrote:Brilliant film Sqizz timeless and still frightening.

It's weird cos you still see trucks like that in the States and when they blow their horn/hooter it always reminds me of the film,bloody sinister looking old gal ain't she?


Sorry for the bump on this thread but i saw a (modern) Peterbilt truck tonight and it just reminded me of this thread and had to take a look at Wikki to find out more about the film.

Interestingly......
Spielberg chose the truck (a Peterbilt 281) after an "audition" of big rigs because he thought the truck's appearance from the front suggested a face. In the film the driver was unseen, and he wanted viewers to see the truck itself as the villain.


Bold.... Never knew that.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 10638
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 pm
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Moving onto two wheels, who can forget the classic Psychomania



and 'I Bought A Vampire Motorcycle'



Ah, you already have. ;)

paint your wagons and burn your banker, coz the twisted circus is coming to town and there ain't no safety net under the high wire.

- Larry Love.

User avatar
Smegster
Posts: 2655
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:21 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Puckish

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Psychomania is one of my top 10 films and parts of it were filmed around the corner from here (Walton on Thames). It's on Youtube as a full length film as well as Death Wheelers.



Frog worshippers :thumb:

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Insane Poster
Posts: 23936
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Previous

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Movies

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron