Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Jackson to play 50 gigs at the O2

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7940515.stm

Michael Jackson will now play 50 dates at London's O2 arena, continuing his farewell residency well into 2010.

The 50-year-old has added new shows throughout the first two months of the year, ending on 24 February.

Some 360,000 pre-sale tickets have been sold so far and if all 50 dates sell out, Jackson will have sold a million seats for the run of shows.

Organisers say the This Is It tour has become the fastest selling in history, with 33 seats sold each minute.

Jackson is said to be "thrilled" by the response.

Randy Phillips of promoters AEG Live said: "Not only are these concerts unparalleled, these records will never be broken.

"We knew this was show business history, but this is a cultural phenomenon."

Pre-sale problems

Pre-sale tickets for Jackson's first 10 dates sold out on Tuesday but some fans complained of "technical problems" trying to register online.

Ticketmaster director Chris Edmonds said demand was "unprecedented".

He added: "Unfortunately due to a technical issue, we were unable to facilitate all immediate ticket requests. Apologies to those fans who were unable to log on, but fans should keep on trying to purchase tickets."

Additional codes are being issued, the organisers said, with registration being dealt with on a first come, first served basis.

Tickets are only being sold to fans who have registered, with the rest of the seats going on sale to the general public from 0700 GMT on Friday.

Tickets for the Jackson shows are already being sold on the online auction website eBay.

Prices on the site range from £170 to £10,000, but tickets bought directly from the singer's website or Ticketmaster cost up to £75.

Jackson, who has won 13 Grammy awards, has said this will be the last time he will perform in the UK.

In August and September 2007, Prince played 21 concerts at the O2 arena together with a number of aftershows at its club venue, Indigo.

Posted on

Heard something about this on the radio - wasn't he late for the announcement or something?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: recovering

Posted on

FIFTY!!!!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

True red wrote:Heard something about this on the radio - wasn't he late for the announcement or something?

He was late but to start with they didn't say how many gigs and then 10 and now 50 :eek:

Posted on

My Mum says this isn't going to happen - she said it when he announced the 10 gigs. Fifty? Now, I agree with her.

Posted on

ariane wrote:My Mum says this isn't going to happen - she said it when he announced the 10 gigs. Fifty? Now, I agree with her.

Jackson has thrived upon publicity bollox all his life from oxygen tents, face masks, gloves, a multitude of illnesses, strange pet monkey fetishes, faux paedophilia, and a recent life threatening lung disease. Now it's 50 gigs at the O2. I don't believe a word he says anymore

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I wonder how many Gary Glitter nights there will be at the O2? ;)

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

diablo wrote:I wonder how many Gary Glitter nights there will be at the O2? ;)

Just a couple of afternoon Matinées before bath and bedtime.

:rofl:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

martyn20 wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7940515.stm

Organisers say the This Is It tour has become the fastest selling in history, with 33 seats sold each minute.

Hmmm, according to ITN, this is untrue. Even if we only count tours as opposed to gigs, Take That sold 33 tickets per second for their comeback tour. Paul McCartney sold 571 tickets per second for his one-off gig in Las Vegas in April. More fantasy from Jacsksonland.

http://itn.co.uk/news/18d567be926d6e8b40f96e22daef5e7f.html

Posted on

diablo wrote:I wonder how many Gary Glitter nights there will be at the O2? ;)

Whatever happened to him ? :confused:

Hooked

Posted on

I heard,on my local radio station,that when Jackson was in London,announcing his up coming shows,before he spoke, he embraced Dermot O'Leary.

They asked O'Leary what Jackson said to him and apparently,he asked," Is the auto cue on ? " :rofl:

Fuck knows why. He only said about half a dozen words interspersed with," I love you all " ad nauseum.

:finger:

Hooked

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music