Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Old Kate Bush prog

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Noticed a thread about 1979 Kate Bush Xmas special on DS last night. I'd missed the programme but watched it on the Iplayer thingy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00k35n4/Kate/

Personally I think that everything she did after Wuthering Heights was not as good. :):

What do you think - am I wrong? I'll probably play a few of of her vids now to check out my theory. :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

diablo wrote:Noticed a thread about 1979 Kate Bush Xmas special on DS last night. I'd missed the programme but watched it on the Iplayer thingy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00k35n4/Kate/

Personally I think that everything she did after Wuthering Heights was not as good. :):

What do you think - am I wrong? I'll probably play a few of of her vids now to check out my theory. :):

its so funny I am Kate Bushes doppleganger ....I used to get stopped for her all the time years ago ...honest !

Posted on

James and the cold gun was a brilliant track,don't know if it was after wuthering heights or not!

Highway Star
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Rocking as usual!!!

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
its so funny I am Kate Bushes doppleganger ....I used to get stopped for her all the time years ago ...honest !

Apparently she got really pissed off with being asked about her appearance in the early days. One of the reasons that she became a bit reclusive for a while.

I loved the micro-permed darkish red haystack hair she had though. :)

Nutter!!

Posted on

diablo wrote:
annie27 wrote:

Apparently she got really pissed off with being asked about her appearance in the early days. One of the reasons that she became a bit reclusive for a while.

I loved the micro-permed darkish red haystack hair she had though. :)

yes I made the mistake in the 80s of getting a perm ..this was before she was known ....but I was always flattered ...hell I even signed a few autographs .... :rofl:

Posted on

Some swines on the DS thread, including me, said that her dancing was naff, even for the time.

Is she really not pretending to be Marcel Marceau in this live version of Wuthering Heights though? Those invisible barriers are irritating. :)

Nutter!!

Posted on

god I had forgotten how bad it was !!!!!!
talking about the hair :)

Posted on

I quite liked the hair. Singing good. Makeup good - she needed the rouge on the cheeks and violent lipstick.

Dancing bad though.

Nutter!!

Posted on

diablo wrote:I quite liked the hair. Singing good. Makeup good - she needed the rouge on the cheeks and violent lipstick.

Dancing bad though.

actually I was remembering my hair :rofl: :rofl: lord it was bad !!! but it is like looking in a mirror(an old one ) weird to say the least :D

Posted on

Glad I missed it in 79 - too busy playing with my toys :yippee: or getting pi55ed ! :wasted1:

Strangely fascinating to see but generally very cheap tv , i'm interested that she got a special so early in her career. Her record company must have had some influence back then.

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Like Ted Rogers but funny

Posted on

annie27 wrote:I am Kate Bushes doppleganger ....I used to get stopped for her all the time years ago ...honest !

You need to post a couple of pictures , just to give us fans to 'debate' over, of course.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Channel Hopper wrote:
annie27 wrote:I am Kate Bushes doppleganger ....I used to get stopped for her all the time years ago ...honest !

You need to post a couple of pictures , just to give us fans to 'debate' over, of course.

if I knew how I would ..but I am shit on the computer ......> look I dont even have a funny pic next to my name ! :D

Posted on

She also did a special for Tyne Tees in 1980 called Kate which featured all her hits. Quite a talented young sylph in her day and Wuthering Heights was a classy record.

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

There was another one around at roughly the same time, Danielle Dax. She played the Wolf Girl at the start of Company Of Wolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbmjjgTI-uM

Posted on

I've always had a mixed reaction towards her music. Some of it is very good- The Hounds of Love album is a classic- but some of it is rather painful to listen to- The Kick Inside album can be hard work after you've heard the popular stuff and The Dreaming was garbage, fake Australian accents come to mind. Yet at her best she was very good and she has released some great music, same as you could say about any musician.

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

The Dreaming definitely wasn't garbage.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music