Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Great one hit wonders!

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Fuzzy Warbles wrote:
Did you enjoy your cake? :D



Cake doesn't count either! Loved there version of i will survive! :pp:

See two can play that game Musty :)

Does that mean i should grab my coat too? :oops:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

staroffurby wrote:
Fuzzy Warbles wrote:
Did you enjoy your cake? :D



So you refusing my offer to wrestle?



Sorry, I've just washed my hair! :D

and another cracker...


Image

User avatar
Really Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:33 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

:clap: :clap: Well done Fuzzy, great tune! :clap: :clap:

I am loving this thread, The person that started it deserves some kind of acknowledgement as he or she must be a fantastic person! :)




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      



oops upside your head...... :cool1:



User avatar
On a roll!
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:08 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Sarah Brightman and Hot Gossip - Starship Trooper (I just heard it on Life on Mars!)

I think it was a one hit wonder?





Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

This really is a brilliant thread! :yippee: :yippee: :clap:

Ryan Paris - Dolce Vita



Dee-Lite - Groove is in the Heart



Fat Larrys Band - Zoom




User avatar
Loves The place!
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Tired but happy

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

just remembered this one too - excellent video as well

The Connells - 74-75



User avatar
Loves The place!
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Tired but happy

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

staroffurby wrote:Lets celebrate those great one hit wonders! The ones that are so bad they are good, or the ones that are just pure genius! :yippee:

Stutter Rap - Morris Minor & Majors
Tony Hawks answer to the Beastie Boys!


Lene Lovich - Lucky Number
I think this is just fantastic!

Lena Lovich bad??? One-hit wonder???
She had 2 top twenty hits and they were both great - Lucky Number and Say When. Well, the album version of Lucky Number was great anyway - the single version was a bit crap. On top of that she had 4 more hits in the UK top 100. Her first album Stateless is good. I've got it on vinyl - I must have a look for it on CD. Just a mo...

Well, Amazon have got Stateless Plus, which unfortunately contains the single version of Lucky Number.
And Amazon Market Place have Stateless, which appears to contain 2 versions of every track, plus 2 versions of 3 bonus tracks. I wish they wouldn't do that - I'll just have to transfer my vinyl onto digital.

This has been a ThinBoy quality post

User avatar
Loves The place!
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm
Location: Another fine mess
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Star Turn on 45 Pints - Pump Up the Bitter :D

:cheers:

and I love this one:



Hang on... technical trouble...

Got it!

I remember being impressed with that video at the time, but it looks a bit naff now. I recommend looking at pompey73's avatar while the song's playing instead.

This has been a ThinBoy quality post

User avatar
Loves The place!
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm
Location: Another fine mess
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Did this lot have any more hits? One of my favourite singles of all time! I love the way that during the bass solo they show every musician except the bass player - an indication that the TOTP crew didn't really have a clue about what was going on in the music lol.
(You to get through the countdown before you find out who it is - suspense!)



Edit. Yes, I just remembered they did have another hit. It was rubbish.

This has been a ThinBoy quality post

User avatar
Loves The place!
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm
Location: Another fine mess
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Sorry for doing 3 posts in a row.
4.

This has been a ThinBoy quality post

User avatar
Loves The place!
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm
Location: Another fine mess
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

ThinBoy wrote:Did this lot have any more hits? One of my favourite singles of all time! I love the way that during the bass solo they show every musician except the bass player - an indication that the TOTP crew didn't really have a clue about what was going on in the music lol.
(You to get through the countdown before you find out who it is - suspense!)

Edit. Yes, I just remembered they did have another hit. It was rubbish.

Oh I enjoyed hearing that again :)

I think number 25 in that chart was a one hit wonder too??

The Passions - I'm in Love with a German Film Star



I love the intro (after the BIg Ben bit!)




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

And that one made me think of this one...

The Mobiles - Drowning in Berlin





Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

ThinBoy wrote:Lena Lovich bad??? One-hit wonder???
She had 2 top twenty hits and they were both great - Lucky Number and Say When. Well, the album version of Lucky Number was great anyway - the single version was a bit crap. On top of that she had 4 more hits in the UK top 100. Her first album Stateless is good. I've got it on vinyl - I must have a look for it on CD. Just a mo...

Well, Amazon have got Stateless Plus, which unfortunately contains the single version of Lucky Number.
And Amazon Market Place have Stateless, which appears to contain 2 versions of every track, plus 2 versions of 3 bonus tracks. I wish they wouldn't do that - I'll just have to transfer my vinyl onto digital.


I am aware of that, but it seems everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a one hit wonder! So lets not get picky and just enjoy the thread. If you want to get picky the Stutter Rap is not really a one hit wonder as. If you read Tony Hawks book you will know that thanks to Norman Wisdom is has had another hit! :pp:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

The 80s were great for one hit wonders!

Monsoon - Ever so Lonely





Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

staroffurby wrote:
ThinBoy wrote:Lena Lovich bad??? One-hit wonder???
She had 2 top twenty hits and they were both great - Lucky Number and Say When. Well, the album version of Lucky Number was great anyway - the single version was a bit crap. On top of that she had 4 more hits in the UK top 100. Her first album Stateless is good. I've got it on vinyl - I must have a look for it on CD. Just a mo...

Well, Amazon have got Stateless Plus, which unfortunately contains the single version of Lucky Number.
And Amazon Market Place have Stateless, which appears to contain 2 versions of every track, plus 2 versions of 3 bonus tracks. I wish they wouldn't do that - I'll just have to transfer my vinyl onto digital.


I am aware of that, but it seems everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a one hit wonder! So lets not get picky and just enjoy the thread. If you want to get picky the Stutter Rap is not really a one hit wonder as. If you read Tony Hawks book you will know that thanks to Norman Wisdom is has had another hit! :pp:


Image :D

I've read Tony Hawks book - it's great. The other hit was in Albania!

This has been a ThinBoy quality post

User avatar
Loves The place!
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm
Location: Another fine mess
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

[quote="ThinBoy"
I've read Tony Hawks book - it's great. The other hit was in Albania![/quote]

So technically not a one hit wonder as he has had a hit some place else. The same could be applied to most of these artists. Take the famous 99 red Balloons, One hit here for Nena but back in Germany had several other and actually has just released an album of cover versions of here. So can she be included? People including Dee-lite Groove is in the heart, they actually released other singles that made the charts and other albums. They just never met the success of the first hit. So lets forget about rules of what makes a one hit wonder, and just have some forgotten hits. As the rules could be argued like mad, specially when it comes down to novelty records. The people behind them often get involved with others under different names. Like Dave Lee Travis, the now forgotten hairy DJ!

More one hit wonder please! :) A great selection already!

Convoy!!!



Could not find the original video! :(




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Hear is a great one hit wonder and a great tribute to a fantastic artist!

Lowry R.I.P.





Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Well here is a great song, again it can be argued as too weather its a one hit wonder, but its deserves a playing! Spacehog Leeds finest, hopefully they will rise again one day. I belive they are called ArcKid now, and the lead singer is married to Liv Tyler!

Spacehog - In The Meantime!





Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Its all about me!!!!!

Sorry i am posting again!

More controversy, can this be classed as a one hit wonder or is it too soon?

They so remind me off Terrorvision, Bradford finest! Seem to be a northern theme here?

Steriogram - Walkie Talkie Man





PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests