Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Rage Against Machine For Xmas Number One

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Hey guys has anyone downloaded the Rage Against Machine track that is taking on XFactor for Xmas number 1, just got it earlier myself using a Free Discount Code I had for 7 digital.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

http://www.main.ffafansite.co.uk/

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Memory & Humanity is finally here

Posted on

Nope.

I think it is sad that people are doing this just to spite Joe.

I wont be buying either singles but I do find it incredibly sad (as in pathetic) that people are so instant on buying RAM just to stop someone else getting to no 1

ESPECIALLY when Rage were/are an anti capitalist band but by all those people who buy their records they make rage against the machine MILLIONS so for THEM the whole anti capitalist tripe they spout is a total ironic farce!

AND they are the same record company as Simon Cowles anyway so Cowel is making shit loads of money with this whole Joe and Rage argument! Win win for cowel.

Cowel 1
Stupid saddos buying the record aint got a clue 0

So there! :pp:

Don't buy neither if you want to make a statement I say!

(sorry welsh guy no rage from me to you!!! :D :oops:)

Baw Bag

Posted on

Incidentally, my track is in the top 3 of the Electro charts at the moment, been climbing since it entered 7 weeks ago.

Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Electric!

Posted on

It is just to whip up interest and make even more money for the record company. I am really surprised more people have not seen through this fake battle. :roll:

Fine Barman!

Posted on

I didn't pay for the track I had a free download code I had so really haven't given the record company any money, buts its interesting to see the amount of people Happy to get one over on Simon Cowell.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

Super Smegster

Posted on

[quote="Welsh_Guy"]I didn't pay for the track I had a free download code I had so really haven't given the record company any money, buts its interesting to see the amount of people Happy to get one over on Simon Cowell.[/quote]

How is it getting one over on Cowell? Both are signed to SonyBMG!

Fine Barman!

Posted on

chinchin wrote:
Welsh_Guy wrote:I didn't pay for the track I had a free download code I had so really haven't given the record company any money, buts its interesting to see the amount of people Happy to get one over on Simon Cowell.[/quote]

Well not the record deal side more like his show side of his business think people are just fed up of him assuming the X Factor act should get number 1 at Xmas every year.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

Super Smegster

Posted on

Tom Morello to donate Rage Against The Machine Vs 'X Factor' Christmas Number One money to charity

Guitarist to donate proceeds from chart race to Youth Music, according to campaign

Rage Against The Machine's Tom Morello is set to donate his earnings from the 'Killing In The Name'/X Factor Christmas Number One race to charity.

A fan-orchestrated campaign is urging people to download the 1992 track this week so it can stop the TV show winner Joe McElderry from reaching the top of the charts and so prevent Simon Cowell's series from claiming its fifth consecutive Christmas Number One.

According to the campaign organisers, Rage Against The Machine's guitarist has pledged proceeds from the track to a UK charity.

"Tom Morello of RATM has said he will donate earnings to Youth Music, a scheme helping young musicians in the UK," they posted on Twitter.com/RATM4Xmas.

The campaign itself is raising money for homeless charity Shelter.

They also urged fans to keep downloading the song as McElderry's track, 'The Climb' gets its physical release today (December 16).

"Destroying the opposition on iTunes," they declared. "'The Climb' is in shops today so keep buying RATM!"

Yesterday, Morello himself backed the campaign via Twitter, urging fans to buy 'Killing In The Name'.

For more on The X Factor and its effect on British music, get this week's issue of NME – on UK newsstands now – for an exclusive interview with Simon Cowell.

http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48901

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

Super Smegster

Posted on

LektroiD wrote:Incidentally, my track is in the top 3 of the Electro charts at the moment, been climbing since it entered 7 weeks ago.

Well done fella!!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

chinchin wrote:
Welsh_Guy wrote:I didn't pay for the track I had a free download code I had so really haven't given the record company any money, buts its interesting to see the amount of people Happy to get one over on Simon Cowell.

it's not, but peeps think they are. It's a collusion to boost sales for both of them. Been going on for decades. its was Beatles versus Stones in the 60s. Osmonds/David Cassidy versus Bowie/salde/etc etc in the 1970s, bla de bla de bla

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Highway Star
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Rocking as usual!!!

Posted on

To add my two penneth worth, I don't think that the whole RAtM thing has anything against this Joe McElderberry fellow. I think he's just a bystander in it.

I think the "battle" is all about Simon Cowell, but not just him in particular. I think it's people trying to cock a snoot at Mr Cowell's ilk for being fed the same formulaic dreck year after year on that show.

The X-factor churns out singers who devoid of personality and are the musical equivalent of beige. IMO.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

Welsh_Guy wrote:
chinchin wrote:
Welsh_Guy wrote:I didn't pay for the track I had a free download code I had so really haven't given the record company any money, buts its interesting to see the amount of people Happy to get one over on Simon Cowell.[/quote]

Well not the record deal side more like his show side of his business think people are just fed up of him assuming the X Factor act should get number 1 at Xmas every year.

I don't hate Simon Cowell or his programme, but we do need something else to get the christmas number one. Even if his boy gets the number two spot, he can still get to number one the following week and for any new act getting to number 2 in the charts is still a big achievement.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Who are Rage Against the Machines record Company ???? I heard it was Sony !
the Same Sony as BMG Sony ,Simon Cowells company ...can someone check this if its true??? maybe a huge hoax has been played on the public ...and Sony must be wetting their pants laughing at all the money they are raking in from both sides :rofl:

just found this ...yup they are with Sony :howl: nice move ....

Posted on

John lee Pettimore wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AYUqVNSsY&feature=player_embedded

Watch out for SuBo!!!! Funny.

Can't watch - video no longer available apparently :(

Really Hooked!
Current Mood: Whoop whoop!

Posted on

Glenn A wrote:I don't hate Simon Cowell or his programme, but we do need something else to get the christmas number one. Even if his boy gets the number two spot, he can still get to number one the following week and for any new act getting to number 2 in the charts is still a big achievement.

Hear hear :yippee: .

Oh - and RATM does remind me of my...ahem.........younger days :oops:

Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow/later on today :)

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Tess Tickles wrote:
Glenn A wrote:I don't hate Simon Cowell or his programme, but we do need something else to get the christmas number one. Even if his boy gets the number two spot, he can still get to number one the following week and for any new act getting to number 2 in the charts is still a big achievement.

Hear hear :yippee: .

Oh - and RATM does remind me of my...ahem.........younger days :oops:

Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow/later on today :)

well if Sony are raking money from both camps its a win win situation for them very clever marketing :thumb: :howl:

Posted on

annie27 wrote:Who are Rage Against the Machines record Company ???? I heard it was Sony !
the Same Sony as BMG Sony ,Simon Cowells company ...can someone check this if its true??? maybe a huge hoax has been played on the public ...and Sony must be wetting their pants laughing at all the money they are raking in from both sides :rofl:

just found this ...yup they are with Sony :howl: nice move ....

:howl: "we have to lose that bit at the end, we did ask them not to do it but they did it anyway" :rofl:

Go RATM :yippee: :rofl: :D

Really Hooked!

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
well if Sony are raking money from both camps its a win win situation for them very clever marketing :thumb: :howl:

And everyone else downloads it for free from torrents or Limewire.

Record companies/Publishing companies make their money from PRS more than MCPS these days.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote:

And everyone else downloads it for free from torrents or Limewire.

Record companies/Publishing companies make their money from PRS more than MCPS these days.

I have NO idea what you are talking about :rofl: ....you know me a dinosaur when it come to techno stuff .....I would say all a bit Chinese ..but I do speak a fair bit ... :) I assumed the money was made through downloads ...what ever the fuck that means :D

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music