Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Should Ringo Starr's birth house be demolished?

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Should Ringo Starr's birth house be demolished?

Tear it down or let it be?(groan) Plan to demolish Ringo's humble home sparks row with Beatles fans

I'm in two minds about this. I know Lord Nibbler thinks The Beatles are "Terrorists with Musical Instruments" so I'm sure he'll be happy if anything to do with them is nuked. :rofl:

Apparently Ringo himself has joined a campaign to save ti. Surely he has enough money to buy the whole street?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I'm sure their fans will end up stumping up the money themselves to save the house. Though the minute someone lays down the turf the people will be having a game of footie on it.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

PMSL @ Nibbs comment. Funny I always thought that Ringo bares a resemblance to Yasser Arafat... :rofl: :hmmm:

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Ringo Arafat!!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

It could be demolished carefully and then reassembled on one of McCartney's estates.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Who really gives a flying fuck about some squalid terraced shitehouse that a drummer in a band that earned lots of money, was born in and lived in for the first three months of his life?

Its not even as though he wrote his finest (?) workings in there or even that the house formed the 'backbone' of his personality (?)
Ringo, was an essential part of a larger outfit who's more prominent songwriters (poets and philosophers) were Lennon-McCartney... and i couldnt give a monkeys left testicle what happens to their Ex-homes either.

IMO, the Beatles were overrated anyway but i respect that many people think otherwise. Either way, Macca and Ringo have enough brass between them to buy Liverpool if they so wanted and the fact that they dont want to shell out what would be 'pocket change' in their league to save these properties, just goes to show how much it means to them.

Knock it down and build some decent modern homes for some of the homeless to live in instead.
They could put a blue plaque on a flagstone on the pavement that reads...
"This marks the spot where the house that Ringo Starr entered the world in once stood, but it was as shit as his drumming so we knocked the decrepit fucker down. (The house not Ringo Starr)"

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Complete Nutter!!
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:Who really gives a flying fuck about some squalid terraced shitehouse that a drummer in a band that earned lots of money, was born in and lived in for the first three months of his life?

Its not even as though he wrote his finest (?) workings in there or even that the house formed the 'backbone' of his personality (?)
Ringo, was an essential part of a larger outfit who's more prominent songwriters (poets and philosophers) were Lennon-McCartney... and i couldnt give a monkeys left testicle what happens to their Ex-homes either.

IMO, the Beatles were overrated anyway but i respect that many people think otherwise. Either way, Macca and Ringo have enough brass between them to buy Liverpool if they so wanted and the fact that they dont want to shell out what would be 'pocket change' in their league to save these properties, just goes to show how much it means to them.

Knock it down and build some decent modern homes for some of the homeless to live in instead.
"This marks the spot where the house that Ringo Starr entered the world in once stood, but it was as shit as his drumming so we knocked the decrepit fucker down. (The house not Ringo Starr)"

PMSL I love the way you *put* things squibbs! :rofl: Well said though , I grew up with the Beatles and I loved em still love their old stuff though, John was me fav.

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Ignoring what I think atbout the beetles, I do think preserving a house like this is unduly sentimental and trivial. What happens to the house next? Does it get Listed and saddle the current owner with all that involves or do English Heritage add it to their register or ??? It isn't a building of any distinction really. But... I wouldn't mind if they put a sign up saying "Here was born Richard Starkey.". No one would know who the hell it was! :D

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Actually, i have had a change of heart over this matter...

I strongly believe that the house that gave the voice of 'Thomas the tank engine' should be preserved forever as it obviously played such a vital role in the lives of young children throughout the world.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Complete Nutter!!
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

YES YES and YES ...he is the biggest wanker ...No one in Liverpool cares about him or his views or his fecking house being pulled down .He took the money to open the clty of culture festival and used it to promote his shitty song that sounds like it was written by a 4 year old ...and then slagged off Liverpool on National TV :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers:
He has done NOTHING to deserve it being saved ....

Posted on

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well said Annie! What a prick that guy is and IMO always has been,not talented ugly git. Effin rude shitbag as well to boot. I never ever liked the c**t anyway...

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Dolls wrote:
Mr Squirrel wrote:Who really gives a flying fuck about some squalid terraced shitehouse that a drummer in a band that earned lots of money, was born in and lived in for the first three months of his life?

PMSL I love the way you *put* things squibbs! :rofl: Well said though , I grew up with the Beatles and I loved em still love their old stuff though, John was me fav.

Which one was John? :confused: Is he the one who has near-deity status these days? And wrote that godawful song called "Imagine"?

No, I'm not a fan of that rocking teenage combo but a bit shamefully, I can't even think of all their names - there were four of them right? So there was the god person, then the vegetarian person who now writes pretentious classical pop music, then Mr. Starkey who wants someone else to save his birthplace and ....... I'm sure there was someone else because I remember there being talk of the "5th beetle". I'm not going to resort to wiki to look this up, I want my memory to work this out :wasted1:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Dolls wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well said Annie! What a prick that guy is and IMO always has been,not talented ugly git. Effin rude shitbag as well to boot. I never ever liked the c**t anyway...

I loved Gerry Marsdens remarks on the BBC news yesterday when they asked him if it should be saved
"No he,s never done a thing for Liverpool" :rofl: the look of shock on their faces :rofl:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... -20734605/

:dog: :dog: :dog:

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
Dolls wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well said Annie! What a prick that guy is and IMO always has been,not talented ugly git. Effin rude shitbag as well to boot. I never ever liked the c**t anyway...

I loved Gerry Marsdens remarks on the BBC news yesterday when they asked him if it should be saved
"No he,s never done a thing for Liverpool" :rofl: the look of shock on their faces :rofl:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... -20734605/

:dog: :dog: :dog:

Now that is a proper guy and his voice is gorgeous. :thumb:

Forum Slapper Lush

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music