Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

crumbs wrote:No great loss really. Another crackhead eliminated from the gene pool. Crackheads die all the time and nobody remembers them unless they produce shite music and are more famous for their private life than their music. Just my opinion...

Sad for her family and friends, I expect.

What a cold and inhumane sentiment, Crumbs. Amy's death may not have been a shock given her self destructive lifestyle most likely a result of her pushy father. But you have to show a little respect as she was someone's daughter, someone's friend maybe an auntie, someone's ex.

If there's an afterlife, I sure hope she finds some peace and the happiness she never had in life.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

Gunner 51 wrote:
crumbs wrote:No great loss really. Another crackhead eliminated from the gene pool. Crackheads die all the time and nobody remembers them unless they produce shite music and are more famous for their private life than their music. Just my opinion...

Sad for her family and friends, I expect.

What a cold and inhumane sentiment, Crumbs. Amy's death may not have been a shock given her self destructive lifestyle most likely a result of her pushy father. But you have to show a little respect as she was someone's daughter, someone's friend maybe an auntie, someone's ex.

If there's an afterlife, I sure hope she finds some peace and the happiness she never had in life.

Have to agree with crumbs on this...Amy decided to live the rock and roll life style and paid the price,like Sid Vicious and many others,i hope she finds peace and the happiness where ever she is..but it was her choice to take drugs nobody forced them down her neck...my sympathy is for the armed forces how die for our freedom...they are the real heroes.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

I never said Amy was a hero, Stinky. Though I do sympathise for her - she chose to live a slow, squalid, miserable and self destructive lifestyle because she was unhappy with her life. Which begs the question why she wanted to throw away her talent and life away like that.

In essence, living a life of drug addiction is a drawn out suicide. It must have been heart wrenching for Amy's true friends and family watch her waste away like that over the course of years. Amy needed help and tough love. Having seen old friends lose their minds to drugs, I have to sympathise.

I can empathise for every squaddie up and down the land, but this thread wasn't about them. Their selflessness, bravery, strength and willingness to protect the weak, the innocent and the helpless will never be forgotten. But you have to accept there are people outside the armed forces who should be remembered fondly for their work - even if that work isn't to one's own tastes.

Whether a squaddie or Amy Winehouse dies, they both did something to improve the lives of people here in Britain. She may not have killed 50 fifty people, but Britain has lost a pretty good soul singer. (pre-drugs)

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master

Posted on

stinkymouse wrote:REALITY CHECK FOLKS!!!!! 5 day ago a true British hero was killed fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Did you care? A singer addicted to drugs and alcohol dies and its all over the news, facebook and twitter in minutes!!! ! RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st battalion the riffles! ...a true hero unlike Amy Winehouse ,ppl care about singers who dont risk their lives 4 our country.

No he wasn't.

No one has fought for our country since the Falklands. I fully support those who fight for out country. I do not support violence in the name of terrorism against other countries for mass profit and land grab.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

stinkymouse wrote:REALITY CHECK FOLKS!!!!! 5 day ago a true British hero was killed fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Did you care? A singer addicted to drugs and alcohol dies and its all over the news, facebook and twitter in minutes!!! ! RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st battalion the riffles! ...a true hero unlike Amy Winehouse ,ppl care about singers who dont risk their lives 4 our country.

stinkymouse wrote:Have to agree with crumbs on this...Amy decided to live the rock and roll life style and paid the price,like Sid Vicious and many others,i hope she finds peace and the happiness where ever she is..but it was her choice to take drugs nobody forced them down her neck...my sympathy is for the armed forces how die for our freedom...they are the real heroes.

I can understand the sentiment of these remarks Stinky but have to point a little 'Reality' back into your corner.

Firstly, the soldiers are not currently fighting for our country per say, they are fighting for the profit of the West. A huge difference in the context of the issue. This is not to say that the soldiers should not be supported or remembered when fallen but to describe them as 'Hero's' is stretching things a little far in the reality of it all.
Secondly, it may be true that nobody forced the drink and drugs down Winehouse's neck but its also true that nobody forced these soldiers into their career. Conscription ended many years ago and the soldiers currently serving in the front line did so by matter of choice. Sympathy for soldiers who choose to fight is less than it is for those who were forced to in years gone by.

How exactly does one define a 'Hero'?

Is it a soldier who earns medals by killing other humans or is it a Singer who brings joy to millions by song?

If it is the former, then i Presume you hold people like Hitler and Osama Bin Laden as true heros?

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Complete Nutter!!
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

Gunner 51 wrote:I never said Amy was a hero, Stinky. Though I do sympathise for her - she chose to live a slow, squalid, miserable and self destructive lifestyle because she was unhappy with her life. Which begs the question why she wanted to throw away her talent and life away like that.

In essence, living a life of drug addiction is a drawn out suicide. It must have been heart wrenching for Amy's true friends and family watch her waste away like that over the course of years. Amy needed help and tough love. Having seen old friends lose their minds to drugs, I have to sympathise.

I can empathise for every squaddie up and down the land, but this thread wasn't about them. Their selflessness, bravery, strength and willingness to protect the weak, the innocent and the helpless will never be forgotten. But you have to accept there are people outside the armed forces who should be remembered fondly for their work - even if that work isn't to one's own tastes.

Whether a squaddie or Amy Winehouse dies, they both did something to improve the lives of people here in Britain. She may not have killed 50 fifty people, but Britain has lost a pretty good soul singer. (pre-drugs)

I would respectfully disagree with that. The 'soldiers' are doing nothing to improve the lives of people here in Britain. Nothing whatsoever. In fact if anything they are contributing to the nonsense that is making the lives of the people of this country worse.

It costs £4BILLION to use our military to kill people in Afghanistan alone. that's £4BIllion that could be used to improve the lives of people here in Britain, not destroy the lives of those abroad. There's also the issue of how the violence perpetrated by our Regime abroad has made other parts of the world hate us. Not in my fucking name. There are places in the world I'd love to visit. But I can't because I would be held culpable for the actions of the cold blooded regime that runs this country.

And that's without mentioning the reduction in civil liberties and paranoia that affected general life in this country through the fraudulent war on terror. Offensive violence NEVER makes anyone's loves better. It's nothing but a cancer on the world.

Amy Winehouse on the other hand spread something positive for humanity..... Music. And by doing so made the lives of people more enjoyable.

No contest!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:

stinkymouse wrote:Have to agree with crumbs on this...Amy decided to live the rock and roll life style and paid the price,like Sid Vicious and many others,i hope she finds peace and the happiness where ever she is..but it was her choice to take drugs nobody forced them down her neck...my sympathy is for the armed forces how die for our freedom...they are the real heroes.

I can understand the sentiment of these remarks Stinky but have to point a little 'Reality' back into your corner.

Firstly, the soldiers are not currently fighting for our country per say, they are fighting for the profit of the West. A huge difference in the context of the issue. This is not to say that the soldiers should not be supported or remembered when fallen but to describe them as 'Hero's' is stretching things a little far in the reality of it all.
Secondly, it may be true that nobody forced the drink and drugs down Winehouse's neck but its also true that nobody forced these soldiers into their career. Conscription ended many years ago and the soldiers currently serving in the front line did so by matter of choice. Sympathy for soldiers who choose to fight is less than it is for those who were forced to in years gone by.

How exactly does one define a 'Hero'?

Is it a soldier who earns medals by killing other humans or is it a Singer who brings joy to millions by song?

If it is the former, then i Presume you hold people like Hitler and Osama Bin Laden as true heros?

I have to applaud your post, Mr Squirrel, it's what I would have liked to say, but hadn't yet found the right words. I also agree with Smeggy, no soldier has fought for his country since the Falklands, and strictly speaking there's an argument to be had against that, too.

"TONGUE-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

Haunting Beauty
Current Mood: Spine chillingly spooky

Posted on

I can see no link with Amy Winehouse dying and our troops fighting in foreign countries.

Please explain. :confused:

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Changeable

Posted on

Rocky wrote:I can see no link with Amy Winehouse dying and our troops fighting in foreign countries.

Please explain. :confused:

I think Stinky explained his point well enough even though I thoroughly disagree with it.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Indeed Crumbs.

As i said in an earlier post... The 'Legalise drugs' lobby should reconsider their opinions when faced with a celebrity 'Role model' dead through narcotic abuse.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:I know a lot of people won't like my opinion about Amy Winehouse but consider this: what sort of role model was she? And using illegal drugs is funding organised crime (terrorism, people trafficking and forced prostitution).

If any good can come out of Amy Winehouse's death then I hope that young people see what a loser she ended up being and they don't start taking drugs (and thereby funding organised crime).

If people liked her music then that's great. But her lifestyle was not something to be proud of or envied.

Not only did she wreck her life but there are probably vulnerable people out there who are now in the hands of criminals thanks to her gargantuan use of Class A drugs. Where is the sympathy for the victims of organised crime who become victims because Westerners 'enjoy' using Class A drugs?

Well you could argue that she was an "anti-role model" - i.e an example of how not to behave

And using illegal drugs is funding organised crime
yes the CIA use drug money to fund black terrorist ops all the time. One of the reasons to invade Afghanistan was to protect the drug crops. And not only that nurture them. The amount of hectares used to grow opium has more than doubled in Helmand Province under the auspices of the British Troops.

The legalising of drugs and allowing addicts to get their fix on prescription in safe doses will take it all out of the hands of criminals. winehouse would probably be alive today if that were the case. It's the unregulated spread of variable doses and the toxins the stuff is cut with that causes the overdoses.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:Indeed Crumbs.

As i said in an earlier post... The 'Legalise drugs' lobby should reconsider their opinions when faced with a celebrity 'Role model' dead through narcotic abuse.

Yes it only serves to bolster the case for legalising them, as I have explained in more detail in my last post. I bet she OD'd becuase she got an unusually pure hit. Legalisation, regulation and prescription, which is how it used to be.... worked. Heroin is quite manageable and not particularly harmful ( alibet highly addictive ) when regulated properly.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I intimated in an earlier post that her death was probably caused by 'Bad' supplies.

But i dont agree that legalising these substances is the way forward. Sure, it may result with fewer deaths (and stress May) but it would indirectly promote higher usage. I dont believe either that legalisation would deter the street dealers either, i believe it would simply fuel the problem with more 'dodgy' gear hitting the streets at lower prices and your average smackhead dont care too much about 'regulated quality'... they care more about affordable quantity.

We digress anyhoos.. thats a subject for another day.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:I intimated in an earlier post that her death was probably caused by 'Bad' supplies.

But i dont agree that legalising these substances is the way forward. Sure, it may result with fewer deaths (and stress May) but it would indirectly promote higher usage. I dont believe either that legalisation would deter the street dealers either, i believe it would simply fuel the problem with more 'dodgy' gear hitting the streets at lower prices and your average smackhead dont care too much about 'regulated quality'... they care more about affordable quantity.

On the contrary it's huge profits from unregulated and cut supplies that have caused to criminals to push drugs on all and sundry. heroin adduction was largely confined to about 1500 addicts in Soho, until it was Prohibited and supply to these addicts went into teh Hand of the Triads, and eventually into other gangs and spread across the country.

Incidentally if you cultivate a poor section of society where there is little opportunities you encourage people to join up to the military ... I worked for 12 years on many American Military bases and the most common reasons for joining up was no opportunities in the poor areas these troops came from

We digress anyhoos.. thats a subject for another day.

Indeed. :thumb:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:I know a lot of people won't like my opinion about Amy Winehouse but consider this: what sort of role model was she? And using illegal drugs is funding organised crime (terrorism, people trafficking and forced prostitution).

If any good can come out of Amy Winehouse's death then I hope that young people see what a loser she ended up being and they don't start taking drugs (and thereby funding organised crime).

If people liked her music then that's great. But her lifestyle was not something to be proud of or envied.

Not only did she wreck her life but there are probably vulnerable people out there who are now in the hands of criminals thanks to her gargantuan use of Class A drugs. Where is the sympathy for the victims of organised crime who become victims because Westerners 'enjoy' using Class A drugs?

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the Class A drugs that "Westerners enjoy using" come mainly from Asia.

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Changeable

Posted on

Well she's now officially a member of the "27 Club". If you are interested Justin Bieber turns 27 on March 1st 2021.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
I would respectfully disagree with that. The 'soldiers' are doing nothing to improve the lives of people here in Britain. Nothing whatsoever. In fact if anything they are contributing to the nonsense that is making the lives of the people of this country worse.

It costs £4BILLION to use our military to kill people in Afghanistan alone. that's £4BIllion that could be used to improve the lives of people here in Britain, not destroy the lives of those abroad. There's also the issue of how the violence perpetrated by our Regime abroad has made other parts of the world hate us. Not in my fucking name. There are places in the world I'd love to visit. But I can't because I would be held culpable for the actions of the cold blooded regime that runs this country.

And that's without mentioning the reduction in civil liberties and paranoia that affected general life in this country through the fraudulent war on terror. Offensive violence NEVER makes anyone's loves better. It's nothing but a cancer on the world.

Amy Winehouse on the other hand spread something positive for humanity..... Music. And by doing so made the lives of people more enjoyable.

No contest!!

Militaries do serve a purpose, their primary role is defence of the realm. Their secondary is to protect the allies of the realm. Amy as good a singer as she is simply won't make the enemies of the State back down by singing Rehab at them. Conversely, I don't think they'd be very good at singing Soul music as a collective. Both have their uses, they're just different.

You could apply the same country serving logic to almost any profession - sewer workers (for example) make sure Britain has clean and safe drinking water at all times. (They do a damned fine job - and without complaint.)

Like you, I do disagree with the copious amount of money being given to the military just to keep it afloat. It's too large and with the advancement of computers - squaddies are almost redundant. If the money has to be spent on defence, then upgrading one's computer security would be a must. Especially in light of the hacking attacks on Georgia care of some Russian hackers - or was it the other way around?

The war on terror or the erosion of civil liberty isn't really the fault of the armed forces, but the politicians. At least we know that Amy Winehouse didn't start anything like that. It saddens me to know that people will happily badmouth Amy and treat her like crap when there's far worse people in the world who truly deserve to die for their actions.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master

Posted on

Gunner 51 wrote:You could apply the same country serving logic to almost any profession - sewer workers (for example) make sure Britain has clean and safe drinking water at all times. (They do a damned fine job - and without complaint.)

I bet there's a few choice words when they fall over though.

Like the Ms Winehouse incident, many will claim someone else is to blame though for their own demise.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster

Posted on

indianwells wrote:Well she's now officially a member of the "27 Club". If you are interested Justin Bieber turns 27 on March 1st 2021.

Which includes Jade Goody, not something to be proud of.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:i don't expect anyone to feel sorry for my choices ,my fault , i joined up . however my son of three months and two weeks didn't have one . he just died sooooo ...
by the way i didn't choose to be posted to bomb disposal :fingers:

You always have my support Wots. :) :cheers: :cheers: :squeeze:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

PreviousNext

Return to Music