Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Radio 2's Sarah Kennedy has quit

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Oooh Scott, you evil. You had me going, now I am sad again. Silly cow needs to be dropped off a cliff. :(

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

Scott
is it really true, mate? At last, an end to illness, cat talk and crappy showtune features and her snobbish conversation. That clapped out old bore, who lords it over everyone, seems to forget that she made her brass on an ITV show similar to You've Been Framed called Game for a Laugh, where she behaved like some kind of schoolmarm figure who was tempted to do it for the high salary. I'd love to know what the late Beadle thought of her, as she was dropped for the last series.
I do recall some real pile of trash she did afterwards about some celeb being reunited with their schoolfriends in a mock classroom, where she played at being a schoolteacher, or some other crap. It didn't last very long before she returned to the Frances Line style Radio 2 where her talents were suited.

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

Scott, I caught 2 minutes of it this morning and she was droning on about illness. Illness, bloody cats, showtunes, and how awful her life is, this pile of trash never changes and she seems very stuffy if anything made after 1970 comes up on the playlist.
Why doesn't the old hag go to Saga Radio and play her showtunes and New Seekers records to people on there? It's showtime, oh get lost, I think I have morning flu, yeah what's the difference between that and normal flu. My cat wasn't very well this morning, why did it tell you?
AXE, JUST AXE, AND TAKE THAT BUFFOON TITCHMARSH WITH HER.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Sarah Kennedy wallpapers for your PC!

Who the fuck is sad enough to have this as wallpaper on their PCs?! :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/images/show ... er1024.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/images/show ... r11024.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/kenne ... aper.shtml

I would print them out and burn them on effigys! ! ! ! :spike:

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

Isn't she the one who says silly things and makes it into the papers for being erm...possibly drunk? or was that someone else? Or, am I havering?

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Radio2 could do a lot better in that slot, her time has well past.
And she was losing it to be fair.

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.
Winston Churchill

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: aid flotilla my arse.

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Sarah Kennedy is just doo-lally.

Yep I found her quirky, too :pp: but I did not dislike her so much as be indifferent to her.

Now, Sarah Cox is a REAL waste of space, She is just a pally of Zoe Ball who got lucky and has neither face, figure, charm or intellect .... a four-time loser. :taunt:

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

In 20 years time I could see Sara Cox becoming the new Sarah Kennedy as her conversation is just as limited. In 2028 I can imagine a Sara Cox Dawn Patrol being around, with the Showtune feature being replaced by a Dance Anthem feature announced by Dave Pearce, where Coxy plays some dance record from 2000 that only she remembers, and then proceeds to bore the audience rigid with tales of when she was clubbing with Sara Cox, why the current generation don't get her and why years of debauchery have made her constantly ill.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Joe's Girl wrote:
Scott Nelson wrote:Sarah Kennedy is just doo-lally.

Yep I found her quirky, too :pp: but I did not dislike her so much as be indifferent to her.

Now, Sarah Cox is a REAL waste of space, She is just a pally of Zoe Ball who got lucky and has neither face, figure, charm or intellect .... a four-time loser. :taunt:

Sarah Cox is a complete turn-off-and-over to another radio station. Really, really cant stand her inane drivel.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I suppose Coxy isn't a stuck up old warhorse like the other Sarah but I don't get her show either.
However, Scott, I have just dreamt up my ideal Radio 2 Sunday line up:
0600, Good Morning Sunday with Diane Louise Jordan
0900, Sounds of the 70s with Tom Browne( ex seventies charts presenter)
1000, Noel Edmonds( similar in style to his early 80s Radio 1 show).
1200, The Radio 2 classic comedy hour( featuring well loved BBC Radio comedy shows such as Round the Horne and Hancock).
1300, The Old Record Club( revival of the Radio 1 show from the eighties with top 20s from two different years, hosted by Dale Winton).
1500, Sally Boazman's Soul Hour( gives Sal her own show).
1600, Johnnie Walker
1900, Anne Nightingale Request Show( reviving an old favourite)
2100, Robbie Vincent's Funk Show( reviving the classic funk and soul show from the eighties)
2300, David Jacob's Hour( just to keep the light brigade happy).

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Scott
We just have to wait for the Light Brigade to retire. However, I still think that when Cherryade died, Melodies for No One should have been axed. However, Your Hundred Worst Tunes lingered on for 3 years after Alan Keith died. Yet I didn't hear one voice of protest when it was quietly dropped.
Anyway 40 minutes to 2000 BC on Radio 2 GRRR.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Glenn A wrote:In 20 years time I could see Sara Cox becoming the new Sarah Kennedy as her conversation is just as limited. In 2028 I can imagine a Sara Cox Dawn Patrol being around, with the Showtune feature being replaced by a Dance Anthem feature announced by Dave Pearce, where Coxy plays some dance record from 2000 that only she remembers, and then proceeds to bore the audience rigid with tales of when she was clubbing with Sara Cox, why the current generation don't get her and why years of debauchery have made her constantly ill.

I can't stand Sarah Cox. Years ago when she first burst into the limelight I remember loads of people raving about her for being down to earth, funny and fiesty, yet she's a one trick pony. Rubbish!!!

Keep Anne Nightingle alive. Now she is one swtiched on Granny!!! Matriarch of Breakbeat!! :thumb:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I think Sara Kennedy should go, her day's are over.

I like Sara Cox to be honest, Edith Bowman Irritates me though, every track she plays, every movie she reviews or Celeb she interviews is "Fantastic" starts to grate after a while.

Sadly for me this is all academic now, where I work they've got the local independent station Signal 1 on, this being Robbie Williams home city they feel obliged to play his music......a lot......I think the station only have 4 CD's and one of them is his greatest hit's.

Onwards and Upwards

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

Aled Jones is vastly better on Dawn Patrol and should replace Lady Sarah when the BBC realise she's taking too much time off and the Radio 2 ardents think she's well and truly past it. He is a good presenter and the show sounds fresh and relaxed when he's in charge and he never drones on about illness and cats non stop. I'm sure everyone would welcome him on board, as for all he's a committed Christian, he never lets it show.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Well Glenn, it's week number three for Michael Ball and I think he's been superb. No depressing jazz ballads, Frank Sinatra, Michael Bubble Gum, Jamie Cullum, Peggy Lee...just great music.

At last, Radio 2 no longer goes from pop to pap at 11am Sundays. It's so refreshing not hearing jazz from the outset of the show. Michael Ball himself has made it clear that he doesn't like Parky's old playlist. The only downside is the cringe worthy "luvvy luvvy" Elaine Paige comes on afterwards. That woman sounds like her false teeth are going to fall out at any minute. I guess she wears David Jacobs'...

He's another one who sounds like he's about to bite the microphone.

WHAT A LOAD OF OLD SHIT!

Michael Ball is good, but I think the Sunday breakfast with Aled Jones is way better than when Don Maclean did it. Now all we need to do is ditch that ageing warhorse Sunday Love Songs, which is recorded, and get something better in the slot.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

The last time I heard Sunday Love Songs they had that puke inducing James Blunt song on, You're Beautiful, with that self satisfied line My life is great, no doubt requested by some smug thirtysomething couple who are so in love, etc, etc. I think SLS should be ditched now and should be replaced by someone like Adrian Juste, whose pop and comedy clip show from back in the day would be ideally suited to the modern Radio 2.
Anyway 15 minutes to go until Radio 2 goes back to 1938. I often wonder if Melodies for You is recorded in the coldest, darkest part of Broadcasting House as it seems to give that impression.

Really Loves the Place!

Previous

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music