Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Eurythmics song tops misheard lyrics poll

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Eurythmics song tops misheard lyrics poll

The Eurythmics' pop classic Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) is the most frequently misquoted song in the UK, according to a survey.

Nearly a third of the 1,350 people polled believed that lead singer Annie Lennox sings: "Sweet dreams are made of cheese/Who am I to disagree?"

Cheese? I always thought it was "Sweet dreams are made of piss/Who am I to miss a pee?"

The song, which reached number two in the UK chart in 1983, was closely followed by Rihanna's We Found Love.

The Top 10 list of misheard tracks was compiled by streaming service Spotify.

Listeners thought that Grammy-winner Rihanna sings "We found Dove in a soapless place" in her 2011 chart-topper.

The lyrics of country singer KD Lang's song Constant Craving, which came in third with 20% of votes, were misunderstood as "Can't Stand Gravy".

US rock group Aerosmith's Dude Looks Like a Lady, meanwhile, was thought to be "Do it like a lady" by 10% of voters.

More than 10 people believed rockers Bon Jovi sing "It doesn't make a difference if we're naked or not" in their 1986 hit, Livin' On A Prayer.

According to the survey, 54% of respondents admitted that hearing incorrect lyrics was a source of frustration to them.

Seven percent of people polled, however, suggested they never got lyrics wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23284179

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I cant believe that it isnt R.E.M.'s 'Sidewinder sleeps tonight'.

Come on, be honest... Who thought that the chorus was "Calling Jamaica. Calling Jamaica" when it is in actual fact... "Call me when you try to wake her up. call me when you try to wake her."

Or should this one be in 'mis-sung lyrics'? :D

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:I cant believe that it isnt R.E.M.'s 'Sidewinder sleeps tonight'.

Come on, be honest... Who thought that the chorus was "Calling Jamaica. Calling Jamaica" when it is in actual fact... "Call me when you try to wake her up. call me when you try to wake her."

:thumb:

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:I cant believe that it isnt R.E.M.'s 'Sidewinder sleeps tonight'.

:thumb: I agree with that, I never understood that one.
Some of those "misheard lyrics" in that poll take the piss and obviously havent been misheard. Informer by Snow is another one thats hard.

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one, with this washer dryer" - Jim Bowen

I still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know
I'll never find another you
- The Seekers

"Life is what happens to you when you're away making other plans" - John Lennon

"Names Gene Hunt, your DCI and its 1973. Almost dinner time. I'm havin' hoops!"

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: What a shitload of fuck

Posted on

When it came out, I thought it was "Calling John Major" :rofl:

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

Grand Master

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music