Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Which Radio Station?

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

What is your radio station of choice?

AM, FM, Longwave or DAB?

It depends on what time of day it is what I listen to usually - early morning wake-up Radio Scotland, then over to Radio5 or Radio 1 mid morning through the day. Back to Radio Scotland for the news stuff at teatime, then Chill on DAB in the evenings. and some Radio 4 dotted about too. (phew!)

And I never, ever miss Take The Floor (Scottish Country Dance Music) on Radio Scotland on a Saturday evening. Its an institution.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Smooth FM during the day. Then depending which shows are on either Radio 2 or 1xtra.
I go to sleep to radio 2, love Mark Lamarr. Thursday nights are all 1xtra 00:00- Deviation with Benji B- great mixture of chillout, then DJ Sarah Love at 02:00-06:00 but too late for me so I listen on the internet, when I can.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

I think Chill is a bit Radio 2 for old hippies...requires/demands absolutely no effort. *insert sleep smiley here*

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:What is your radio station of choice?

AM, FM, Longwave or DAB?

It depends on what time of day it is what I listen to usually - early morning wake-up Radio Scotland, then over to Radio5 or Radio 1 mid morning through the day. Back to Radio Scotland for the news stuff at teatime, then Chill on DAB in the evenings. and some Radio 4 dotted about too. (phew!)

And I never, ever miss Take The Floor (Scottish Country Dance Music) on Radio Scotland on a Saturday evening. Its an institution.

Longwave?!?

Reminds me of those old wooden and bakelite valve radios which had the stations printed on the dial. Let's listen to hilversum tonight dear!. the family is huddled around the radio with a mug of Ovaltine!

:D :D :coffee:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Ha! when i was a wee girl my grandparents gave me their old valve radio , and I was so pleased with it. My very own radio! I had to wait for it to warm up, and it sat on a huge speaker in the corner of my bedroom. The sound quality was great, actually.

MILF

Posted on

The dulcet tones of Chris Moyles on Radio1 is what I waken to every morning.

I don't listen to much radio other than in the car, and when I do I flick between Radio 1 and my local radio station.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I rarely listen to radio these days but when I do it tends to be XFM or Capital Radio.

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Usually Galaxy in a morning (for Hirsty's Daily Dose) and BBC 6 Music for the rest of the time.

Unless there's any good comedies on Radio 4.

not so nooby

Posted on

Ralph_Wiggum wrote:Usually Galaxy in a morning (for Hirsty's Daily Dose)

I listen to this too when I'm up early enough and it never fails to have me in hysterics. :D I listen to Galaxy a lot as a rule anyway though. I also listen to LBC on DAB, especially whenever radio God Nick Abbot is on. I quite often fire shortwave up and have a listen about as well and that can be extremely interesting.

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

Well, I was listening to my recording of Nick Abbot until a few moments ago, now listening to Rhod Sharp on Radio 5 live.

I listen to Radio 5 most of the day actually. Though Victoria Derbyshire's morning programme has been dreadful lately. :(

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Long wave blimey reminds me of the days I spent listening to Atlantic 252

these days It is usually

Magic
Capital Gold

or

Smooth Fm

all via DAB

Music Is Life!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I mainly listen to Radio Five but it's been dumbing down lately, I'd say, and I don't like the 'bloke' presenters like Richard Bacon and definitely don't like Nolan. It seems to be better late at night but I'm too tired to listen for long then.

The guy who's sitting in for Nolan is quite good, if a little Amstell like (not a bad thing).

Loves The place!

Posted on

I've got my DAB and listen mostly to Metro Radio, Durham FM, Century FM, TFM, BBC Newcastle, BBC Tees and occasionally Sun FM. I just vary them, they are in my memory of my radio and I switch between them all day :thumb: Sometimes one irritates me so I just switch to another!

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun

Posted on

Mostly Radio 4, some BBC 7, a bit of Radio 2 and Smooth Radio and Five Live for sport. Usually Classic FM in the bath

I am the God of Hell Fire

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

LBC Radio... all talk and no music and it can be VERY funny in the middle of the night.

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

Listened to mercury here in sussex last night was only radio station I listened to from 1994-2000, I dropped it when all my favourite presenters jumped ship and it was no longer local when "the mix" network hijacked it. I tuned in for first time in a good 7 years at 1am and they had a program called back in the day I love them shows odd time though it was one of the guess the year ones, 1986 sooooo easy they need to try harder..

Music Is Life!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Radio 4.

Have it on for most of the day.

My favourite show at the moment is Count Arthur Strong.

MartinJ - On a campaign to abolish the rules made of stone.
I know I can't spell for Tofee - I don't need to be reminded!

Really Hooked!

Posted on

I thought I would give mercury another bash this morning. Listened to chris oxlade on breakfast was quite amazed he was back being one of the old school on there. I have noticed they have gone back to the format of music they used when I was an avid listener 1994-2000 before the mix network highjacked it and took away it's local identity not sure if they realised their mistake.

I always loved breeze 1521am too sister station same building only lasted 2 years but had some great shows quizs and a nice mix of music from 1958-1999 was taken over as part of the classic gold digital now "Gcap" network Although I liked said station I would have breeze back and it's dj's anyday.

Another one I miss ATlantic 252 on the long wave 12 in a row's and non stop rhythem and dance it was replaced by a sport station not sure what it is now.

Music Is Life!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Internet radio more than anything, usually via shoutcat on winamp. Pick a genre and there are hundreds of stations to pick from, most of them have no presenters and no ads, just music.
If I'm in a 70s mood I'll have a 70s radio station on. If I fancy classical I'll put that on.

Sometimes I'll have Talksport or Fivelive on the radio in the kitchen when I'm cooking.

"Come on you bastard, fly!" - Rod Hull

Loves The place!
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Jericho wrote:LBC Radio... all talk and no music and it can be VERY funny in the middle of the night.

I got a DAB radio, and I'm able to get LBC here in Stoke, I love listening to Clive Bull, I've only started listening to him the past few weeks, but I feel he actually listens to his callers regardless of whether he agrees with them or not. Before I discovered LBC I would Listen to Richard Bacon on 5Live, but not anymore.

Anyway what was the question again? Oh yea, I wake up to BBC Radio 2, In the car I listen to R4, in work we listen to Radio 1 all day, going home it's R4 or Radio Wales if the wind is in the right direction, then bedtime it's the book at bedtime on R4, then over to LBC and perhaps Classic fm or R2 as I drift off.

Onwards and Upwards

Smegster

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music