Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Michael Ball (Radio 2)

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:I have e-mailed Michael Ball:

Hello Michael,

At the end of your first show you asked for listener feedback. I just want to say that I thought your first show was absolutely fantastic. I also enjoyed your banter with Dame Judi Dench.

The mix of music you have played was a refreshing change. The trouble with Michael Parkinson was he played way too much jazz and depressing tracks - most of which appeared to be his favourites.

I have enjoyed all of your stints on Radio 2, particularly when you sat in for Johnnie Walker at the end of 2006.

So, in Steve Wright fashion, I will say this: Love the show!

Keep up the good work. You have made Sunday mornings on Radio 2 sound alive and kicking!

Regards,

Scott Nelson,
Essex.

Niiiiiiiiice. Composed well, mine would have looked like a load of words bunged in from the dictionary. Hope you get something back :D :D :D If that usually happens, that is. :o

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Oh, I am well known at Radio 2 for my "views!" :D

Some Radio 2 presenters do reply to e-mails. In the past I have responses from Janice Long, Alex Lester, Paul Gambaccini, Pete Mitchell and the producer of Pick of the Pops (when I submitted an e-mail complaining about the show focusing too much on the 60s and 70s).

At the end of today's show, Michael Ball asked for listener feedback, so I guess I might hear something...or maybe not because the programme producer knows that I disliked Michael Parkinson and his boring musical choices! :hello:

I'm so glad Michael Parkinson has disappeared. He made Sunday mornings on Radio 2 sound so depressing. :spike:

Yeah, I like to listen to the radio to unwind, not to lisen to some old codger play seriously depressing music. :o I like some of the newbies, I listen to Radio 2 on occasion because every now and then it helps me relax. I also put some of the music onto my iPod for the garden sake...... lay back relax. I am getting one of those portable radios so I can listen to the stations outside. :)

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:I have just e-mailed this complained to Radio 4's Feedback Programme regarding the recent changes to Saturday Radio 2:

Dear Feedback,

I would like to know why Lesley Douglas, Controller of Radio 2, has axed Stuart Maconie's Saturday show in favour of a 3-hour show presented by Dermot O'Leary.

If Lesley Douglas thinks Dermot O'Leary is ideal for Radio 2 then she should think again. He is, without doubt, one of her worst signings. It's shocking that Radio 2 now sounds like a tin-pot local station on a Saturday afternoon all thanks to Dermot O'Leary.

Once again, a popular radio presenter (Stuart Maconie) has been sacrificed for yet another "celebrity" (Dermot O'Leary). It's bad enough a few hours later, motormouth Russell Brand comes on spewing out bile. And, the irony there is Russell Brand has since had his Saturday night slot extended to 8.30pm. It's disgraceful.

Saturday on Radio 2 used to be the best day of the week. I remember I would stay tuned in from 2.00pm for Pick of the Pops, Richard Allinson at 3.30pm, Paul Gambaccini and 6.30pm, Stuart Maconie's Critical List and live music/documentaries between 8.00 - 10.00pm, then finish the day off with Bob Harris from 10.00pm - 1.00am.

It's got to the point that Radio 2 is now plagued with celebrities and TV presenters to the expense of popular, professional radio presenters.

Thank you very much Lesley Douglas for now making Saturday Radio 2 a complete no-go zone. I don't even bother to tune into Paul Gambaccini and Bob Harris anymore all because of the tripe that surrounds them.

No wonder Radio 2 is losing listeners.

:clap: :clap: Brill. I have to agree though, sticking Dermot in place of Stuart was, by far the worse thing they could have done. All because he is a celebrity......... but it seems a lot of them are doing it now. And by the way, I agree about Brand. He is not, in no way, Radio 2 material. I always say, why try to fix something that wasn't broken. I assume Stuart was let go and not retired..... or did they move him to a new time? It seems wrong, whatever they did :mad1:

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

I quite liked Dermot on BBLB but not on Radio 2! Stuart Maconie was far better on a Saturday afternoon. I don't think he's been "retired", I'm sure he still does an evening show with Mark Radcliffe?

I really hope they don't replace Ken Bruce with Dermot!!! That would be dreadful.

I used to really hate Parky on a Sunday with his droning voice and boring music. I liked Michael Ball when he stood in for Johnnie Walker so will have to check him out at Sunday lunchtime.

I really like Pick of the Pops on a Sunday, I think Dale Winton is a great DJ. I know this is going to make me sound like a real old fart but I preferred Ed Stewart to Johnnie Walker :oops: I think it's Stewpots' voice, it reminds me of being a kid :) And Johnnie Walker plays too much country music, which I can't stand.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Tired but happy

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music