Page 1 of 1

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm
by Dolls
Grew up with them Alan Carrs Voice !!

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:56 pm
by Resonance
Some of my favourites in no particular order :thumb:

[Link To Youtube Video]


[Link To Youtube Video]


[Link To Youtube Video]

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:48 pm
by Dolls
Awww bloody classic...

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:51 pm
by Dolls

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:52 pm
by Resonance
Another good one that Dolls :thumb:

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 pm
by diablo
Look through any window yeah, what do you see ?

People with their shy ways and their sly ways
Oh, you can see the little children All around

Clearly a bunch of paedos. :rofl: ;)

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:10 pm
by Dolls
diablo wrote:Look through any window yeah, what do you see ?

People with their shy ways and their sly ways
Oh, you can see the little children All around

Clearly a bunch of paedos. :rofl: ;)



Dabs!! :spank: :rofl:

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 am
by Bunny
[Link To Youtube Video]


He 'Aint Heavy gives me the shivers - what a voice ! Using the word 'encumber' in such a soulful song is genius. Elton John aka Reg played piano on it and got payed the princely sum of £12.

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:39 am
by phild05
Great band. They had a kind of 2-phase career; all the stuff of the 60s, then they went quiet for a while then came back with The Air That I Breathe, and He Ain't Heavy, then they disappeared again. Alan Clarke is a great singer, the band is good too. I bought the greatest hits album for my Mum a while back. Some great songs :splif:

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:44 am
by Resonance
phild05 wrote:Great band. They had a kind of 2-phase career; all the stuff of the 60s, then they went quiet for a while then came back with The Air That I Breathe, and He Ain't Heavy, then they disappeared again. Alan Clarke is a great singer, the band is good too. I bought the greatest hits album for my Mum a while back. Some great songs :splif:


Hope you ripped the CD to your computer before you gave it to your Mum Phil. That's what I always do when giving CD's as gifts :)

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:53 am
by phild05
:rofl: Nope, she got it with the cellophane still on :rofl:

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:06 pm
by wotsit2
Resonance wrote:
phild05 wrote:Great band. They had a kind of 2-phase career; all the stuff of the 60s, then they went quiet for a while then came back with The Air That I Breathe, and He Ain't Heavy, then they disappeared again. Alan Clarke is a great singer, the band is good too. I bought the greatest hits album for my Mum a while back. Some great songs :splif:


Hope you ripped the CD to your computer before you gave it to your Mum Phil. That's what I always do when giving CD's as gifts :)

tight git :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:31 pm
by Resonance
Me, tight, never :)

The other trick is to buy it from Amazon and the 'Auto Rip' CD's end up in your Amazon MP3 cloud account. Happy days :thumb:

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:07 pm
by wotsit2
Resonance wrote:Me, tight, never :)

The other trick is to buy it from Amazon and the 'Auto Rip' CD's end up in your Amazon MP3 cloud account. Happy days :thumb:

:)

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:53 pm
by Bunny
What I like about Allan Clarke's vocals on 'He 'aint heavy' is that they're so imperfect .... really stretched and almost flat sometimes, but totally passionate.

What a Great Group The Hollies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:18 pm
by wotsit2
Bunny wrote:What I like about Allan Clarke's vocals on 'He 'aint heavy' is that they're so imperfect .... really stretched and almost flat sometimes, but totally passionate.

sadly bunny if they were to record it now it'd be autotuned to buggery and totally ruined