Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Crimes Against Music

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:
blozznob wrote:You are condoning instrument blaggers!!!!!!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Instrument blagging is a crime against music. :spank:

Shiela E, now THERE's a percussionist. :D

I'm pretty sure Marc Bolan wouldn't have used a bongo player who messed up the band's ryhthm. As far as I'm aware Mickey could play. Some of the bongo playing on the Tanx album is excellent.

Blagging, when it does occur, isn't always a crime either. The Beach Boys hardly played a note on the Pet Sounds album - session musicians were used, but it's still a classic 'Beach Boys' album. I saw Wings live BTW, and Linda never hit one bad note on keyboards.

Blagging on stage isnt a crime? So, for example, a punter pays good money to see and hear a live band.
The keyboards are on a track, the bongo player just pats the skins and looks cool. And in some cases the lead singer lip synchs. Session musicians appear on MANY albums including Bolan's. They aren't always credited, I'm afraid -which is also a crime IMO.

Good forums are like the Hotel California. You can check out...........but you can never leave.

Hooked
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

blozznob wrote:Blagging on stage isnt a crime? So, for example, a punter pays good money to see and hear a live band.
The keyboards are on a track, the bongo player just pats the skins and looks cool. And in some cases the lead singer lip synchs. Session musicians appear on MANY albums including Bolan's. They aren't always credited, I'm afraid -which is also a crime IMO.

I didn't specifally mean on stage - I just said it's not always a bad thing. The example I picked was the studio album Pet Sounds. Everyone thought it was the group, but session musicians were used. That may be dishonest, but when such a masterpiece is the result, I'm not going to complain.

Lots of credits never got put on record sleeves in the old days. Whole orchestras in the case of The Beatles; it was a practise that gradually declined over the years though.

As for live music, I agree it should be live. That doesn't stop lots of acts miming songs, or their fans loving it.

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:
blozznob wrote:Blagging on stage isnt a crime? So, for example, a punter pays good money to see and hear a live band.

I didn't specifally mean on stage - I just said it's not always a bad thing. The example I picked was the studio album Pet Sounds. Everyone thought it was the group, but session musicians were used. That may be dishonest, but when such a masterpiece is the result, I'm not going to complain.

Lots of credits never got put on record sleeves in the old days. Whole orchestras in the case of The Beatles; it was a practise that gradually declined over the years though.

As for live music, I agree it should be live. That doesn't stop lots of acts miming songs, or their fans loving it.

I was talking about keyboard blaggers on stage who aren't really playing but are working a band's stage lights.

My point was that by Macca having his missus, a non trained muso onstage had opened the floodgates for these blaggers to think it was ok . You must have been thinking of Kelly Windsor's 'ooters instead of reading my post properly, musty.
It's muso's who are CHEATERS I don't like. Chita's, however are lovely. :D

And regarding the fans who love listening to their faves miming, maybe they don't know any better. Most of them think music should sound trebly and tinny because they have only heard it played on an MP3 headphone kit. :D

xxx :cheers: xxx

Good forums are like the Hotel California. You can check out...........but you can never leave.

Hooked

Posted on

blozznob wrote:I was talking about keyboard blaggers on stage who aren't really playing but are working a band's stage lights.

My point was that by Macca having his missus, a non trained muso onstage had opened the floodgates for these blaggers to think it was ok . You must have been thinking of Kelly Windsor's 'ooters instead of reading my post properly, musty.

I don't see how Linda McCartney influenced anything really. These blaggers would have taken to the stage with or without her IMO. Many mocked Linda in the 70s, and she only became popular to a greater extent when she died. As I say she played keyboards great when I saw her live; I can only go on what I witnessed.

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:
blozznob wrote:I was talking about keyboard blaggers on stage who aren't really playing but are working a band's stage lights.

I don't see how Linda McCartney influenced anything really. These blaggers would have taken to the stage with or without her IMO. Many mocked Linda in the 70s, and she only became popular to a greater extent when she died. As I say she played keyboards great when I saw her live; I can only go on what I witnessed.

And you still havent read my post properly, musty. :D

I am winding you up, old friend.
I have given you some clues.

Want some Revels while you work it out?

Sorry to have wound you up, but I was bored.
DS is dead.
Or it was. Some Trolls have crawled out from their rocks now.

Hooked

Posted on

Hi Chita :yippee: :rofl: :yippee: :rofl:

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:Hi Chita :yippee: :rofl: :yippee: :rofl:

Bloody 'ell it took you long enough!

I think it must be Trixiebelle in your Y fronts [even though you are on the phone to her] which is distracting you. :D

Hooked

Posted on

What about The Wurzels? What was the point of them? :rofl:

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:What about The Wurzels? What was the point of them? :rofl:

:spank: I LOVE the Wurzels! I have two of their CDs! (I do as well! :pp: :o )

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

No Chance wrote:
mr. mustard wrote: :spank: I LOVE the Wurzels! I have two of their CDs! (I do as well! :pp: :o )

:eek4: :oops: ;)

Posted on

I don't know what this thread is about........but it might be moot that Linda Mccartney never made the pies herself.......

Posted on

swingaleg wrote:I don't know what this thread is about........but it might be moot that Linda Mccartney never made the pies herself.......

:D Blozz was winding me up Swing :rofl: I maintain that The Frog Chorus wasn't a crime against music, going back to an earlier point. Kids' songs are a different genre really. That's why I won't be bringing up the Tellytubbys hits.

Come to think of it, even they were better than Westlife :rofl:

Posted on

The Smurfs in 1978/79. Awful. The Smurf Song was No.2 in summer '78 for weeks behind John And Olivia.

noobywoobyscoobydooby
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

its always good sport with musty if you say anything anti - beatles or Linda Mac.
Although I still maintain she was no George Shearing!!! Lovely lady, though. He chose THAT wife well.

Now who mentioned the Wurzels???? EEEK!
That singer always gave me the creeps.

Hooked

Posted on

swingaleg wrote:I don't know what this thread is about........but it might be moot that Linda Mccartney never made the pies herself.......

Not the meat pies anyway. :D

Hooked

Posted on

blozznob wrote:its always good sport with musty if you say anything anti - beatles or Linda Mac.
Although I still maintain she was no George Shearing!!! Lovely lady, though. He chose THAT wife well.

:D I do defend The Beatles, mainly because IMO musically they rarely put a foot wrong. There were some naff moments like the Mr Moonlight cover version and John's eight minute racket on the white album, Revolution 9. But generally speaking, their material was of consistently high quality.

I've never liked Yoko's voice and she only got a foothold in music because of John. I guess a lot of her songs can be called crimes against music. Linda never took such a big role as Yoko; she was essentially a backing vocalist for Paul that played keyboards now and then.

All the fabs had their dire solo moments, but as The Beatles they passed every test as an act and often set a standard that many others couldn't reach.

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:
blozznob wrote:its always good sport with musty if you say anything anti - beatles or Linda Mac.

:D I do defend The Beatles, mainly because IMO musically they rarely put a foot wrong. There were some naff moments like the Mr Moonlight cover version and John's eight minute racket on the white album, Revolution 9. But generally speaking, their material was of consistently high quality.

I've never liked Yoko's voice and she only got a foothold in music because of John. I guess a lot of her songs can be called crimes against music. Linda never took such a big role as Yoko; she was essentially a backing vocalist for Paul that played keyboards now and then.

All the fabs had their dire solo moments, but as The Beatles they passed every test as an act and often set a standard that many others couldn't reach.

Don't get me started on Yoko! I'm off to work in a min so I haven't got time.

And why was it that Linda got much more stick than Yoko ever did???? :confused:

That bloke from the Wurzels had more talent than Yoko IMO!!
Still creepy though. :eek4:

Hooked

Posted on

blozznob wrote:And why was it that Linda got much more stick than Yoko ever did???? :confused:

I think it's because Paul had more female admirers than John. Some of the Beatles' girl fans were shattered when Macca lost his single status and many lashed out at Linda.

Yoko still got her share of stick though.

As usual, when John got murdered and Linda died, both women were portrayed more sympathetically by the media. Nothing improves the public image better than death :roll:

Posted on

I think has to be one of the worst songs in history to ever be realised

Sorry guys for putting you through it.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

http://www.main.ffafansite.co.uk/

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Memory & Humanity is finally here

Posted on

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: