Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

clubbing or disco?

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Anybody still call it a disco...or am I really showing my age... :D

:partydance:

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

You're showing your age. :pp:

Although, in fairness, the types of places I would have referred to as a Disco in my youth wouldn't qualify for me to refer to them as a club these days anyway. :lol:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Anyone still do the slosh at weddings?

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:Anyone still do the slosh at weddings?

or the rowing song
:rofl:

' sometimes it it better to light a flamethrower, than suffer the ignorance of others'
PHIGHT PHORM - I'ts my clickstream, you ain't having it!!

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun

Posted on

oh, is that the one where you all sit down in a line behind each other, and er...pretend to row?! :) ( its a goodie! :D )

MILF

Posted on

haha they did both the slosh and the rowing one at the party night I was at for my work Christmas night out... I managed to avoid being dragged up. :D

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

oh how fabulous! :D and was it only the oldies...or did the young'ns ( ie the under thirty-fives) join in too?

MILF

Posted on

There was a really mixed age range at it and the dance floor was packed all night, with people of all ages. :thumb:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Everything has gone full circle. The point of illegal raves was it didn't matter what creed/colour/social class you were - everyone just got on and had a good time. It was the antithesis of the discotheque (I don't mean your Studio 54 or Paradise Garage - I mean your local Ritzy) and now said Ritzy/Dukes etc are being referred to by some under 25's as a night out clubbing. Saturday at the Ministry and Club 333 they ain't. OK, taste is down the individual but my generation went to places like 333 for the music not to pull so it seems like we're stuck in the 80's again, with everyone dressing to impress to get laid.

nooby

Posted on

larrysrabbit wrote:Everything has gone full circle. The point of illegal raves was it didn't matter what creed/colour/social class you were - everyone just got on and had a good time. It was the antithesis of the discotheque (I don't mean your Studio 54 or Paradise Garage - I mean your local Ritzy) and now said Ritzy/Dukes etc are being referred to by some under 25's as a night out clubbing. Saturday at the Ministry and Club 333 they ain't. OK, taste is down the individual but my generation went to places like 333 for the music not to pull so it seems like we're stuck in the 80's again, with everyone dressing to impress to get laid.

I wish you'd let me come out with you sometimes love. I promise not to wet myself this time. :oops:

nooby

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music