Page 1 of 3

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:20 pm
by smokey_rick
Tell us your favourite songs of all time It is always hard to choose a shortlist like top 5 top 10 etc. I love everything for well known and loved, to rare with a dash of off the wall.............you do not have to list yours by year Or even know the year I just have to be me lol. I haven't listed every year just my favourite years for music. You can optionally add why.

1960

Cathy's Clown - Everly Brothers


1961

Runaway - Del Shannon
Runaround Sue - Dion
johnny Remember Me - John Leyton


1966

Summer In The City - Lovin Spoonful
Hey Jude - Beatles
Mr Pleasant - The Kinks

1975

I'm Not In Love -10cc
Without You - Nilson
Vincent - Don Mclean
25 or 6 to 4 - chicago

1979

babe - Styx
what A Fool Believes - Doobie Brothers

1981

Arthurs Theme - Christopher Cross
Private Eyes - Hall & Oates
Under Your Thumb - Godley & Creme


1983

who can It Be Now - Men At Work
Baby Come To Me - James Ingram & Pati Austin
The Girl Is Mine - Michael Jackson & Paul Mcartney
Flashdance - Irene Cara

1987

Star Trekkin - The Firm :eek:
Hip to be square - Huey Lewis :oops:
Happy Hour - Housemartins
Barcelona - Queen
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for - u2
shoplifters of the world - The Smith's

1989

Silent Running - Mike & The Mechanics
Around The World - Lisa Stansfield
Straight Up - Paula Abdul
Fergus Sings The Blues - Deacon Blue
Drop The Pilot - Joan Armatrading

1990

Must Have Been Love - Roxette
Hold On - Wilson Phillips
Close To You - Maxi Priest
Thinking about you - Londonbeat
I don't have The Heart - James Ingram
Push It - Salt & Peppa

1991


Pandora's Box - OMD
Because I Love you - Stevie B
You Don't Fool Me - Queen
Get Here - Oleta Adams
Can't stop this thing we started - Bryan Adams
Cold Cold Heart - Midge Ure
Fading Like A Flower - Roxette

1996-98

hedonism - skunk anansie
halo - texas
escaping - Dina Caroll
looking for love - karen Ramirez
Mulder and Scully - Catatonia :eek:


now I have embarassed myself in some bits your go...... suffice to add that is the smallest list of a few favs if i listed all there would be 50 under some years :jester:

Re: Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 pm
by whimsical oracle
I think I will go about this task by naming songs that I never get tired of:

A whiter shade of pale - Procul Haram
There is a light that never goes out - Smiths
Now my heart is full - Morrissey
Song for whoever - Beautiful South
The Great Pretender - Freddie Mercury (I like the original version by the Platters too)
California - Josh Ritter
Out of my head - Fastball
The Day Brings - Brad
Amarillo by morning - George Strait


That's enough for one post. I'll think up some more later.

Re: Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:55 pm
by smokey_rick
whimsical oracle wrote:I think I will go about this task by naming songs that I never get tired of:

A whiter shade of pale - Procul Haram
There is a light that never goes out - Smiths
Now my heart is full - Morrissey
Song for whoever - Beautiful South
The Great Pretender - Freddie Mercury (I like the original version by the Platters too)
California - Josh Ritter
Out of my head - Fastball
The Day Brings - Brad
Amarillo by morning - George Strait


That's enough for one post. I'll think up some more later.



Someone with great taste!! :clap:

Re: Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:14 am
by whimsical oracle
oh :o. thanks Rick

I like a lot of the ones in your list too :thumb:

Re: Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:43 am
by smokey_rick
whimsical oracle wrote:oh :o. thanks Rick

I like a lot of the ones in your list too :thumb:



I didn't name them all there would literally be 20 + per year they were just some. :thumb: I have 42,000 mp3's Now :eek:

Re: Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:02 am
by whimsical oracle
smokey_rick wrote:
I didn't name them all there would literally be 20 + per year they were just some. :thumb: I have 42,000 mp3's Now :eek:

Wowzers :eek4: You want a 160GB ipod :cool1: :thumb:

Re: Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:47 pm
by pompey73
Here's some I can think of off the top of my head:

Vienna - Ultravox
Ordinary World - Duran Duran
What have I done to deserve this? - Pet Shop Boys
Mr Blue Sky - ELO
Love of my Life - Queen
Don't look back in Anger - Oasis
Say Hello, Wave Goodbye - Soft Cell
The Boy with the thorn in his side - The Smiths
Ever fallen in Love - Buzzcocks

I'm sure I'll think of more later!

Re: Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:29 pm
by Jim_UK
In random order...

Imagine & Working Class Hero -John Lennon
Purple Haze -Jimi Hendrix
Here comes the summer -The Undertones.
Everybody's gonna be happy & Victoria -The Kinks.
Behind the wall -Tracy Chapman.
We gotta get out of this place. -The Animals.
Psycho Killer. -Talking Heads.
Blowin in the Wind. -Bob Dylan.
Green Onions. -Booker T. & the MG's.
Live at Leeds (all of it) -The Who.
Itchycoo Park. The Small Faces.

Theres loads more but my brains decided to have an early night and I can't remember them.

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:15 pm
by The_Hitman
Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles
The Day We Caught The Train - Ocean Colour Scene
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
Changes - David Bowie
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Downtown Train - Tom Waits
Raspberry Beret - Prince
Slide Away - Oasis
Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
Rock The Casbah - The Clash
Walk On The Wild Side - Lou Reed
Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks
Instant Karma - John Lennon

Just a few mentions, I could go on and on.

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:24 pm
by Bowker's cat
People You Were Going To - Peter Hamill - 10 on the depressing scale
Wilhelmina - Peter Hamill - Optimistic for Hamill
U Don't Dans 2 Techno - Alabama 3 - Depressing in its own way
All Tommorrows Parties - Velvet Underground - Desperate
All of This and Nothing - Psychedelic Furs - Really Desperate
Red Right Hand - Nick Cave - Fantastic song.
O'Malleys Bar - Nick Cave - Aural Pulp Fiction
Born to Go - Hawkwind - Fast
Advance Romance - Frank Zappa - Opening 5 seconds
Holiday In Cambodia - Dead Kennedys - Lyrics
Calafornia Ubber Alles - Dead Kennedys - Lyrics

And countless others.

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
by Twat
Bob Marley & The Wailers - No Woman , No Cry
Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon
Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
Pink Floyd - Time/Great Gig In The Sky
Depeche Mode - Home
The Cure - In Between Days
The Cult - Rain
Underworld - Born Slippy

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:24 pm
by John lee Pettimore
I find it hard to list all my faves,there is so many....but heres a few.

Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Pictures of home - Deep purple
Going to California- Led Zeppelin
Sloe Gin - Joe Bonamassa
Wish you were Here - Pink Floyd
Still the Same - Bernie Marsden
The Air That I breathe - The Hollies
Most Johnny Cash
Most walter Trout
Most Southern rock.

well you get the idea..............................

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:30 am
by Rocky
Bohemian Rhapsody...Queen.
My Sweet Lord...George Harrison.
My Way...Frank Sinatra....and many more too numerous to mention.
Love on The Rocks...Neil Diamond.
:jig:

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:54 am
by smeggypants
Loads but ....

Ain't No stoppin' Us Now - McFadden and Whitehead
Square Biz - Teena Marie
Somebody Else's Guy - Jocelyn Brown
Made In Japan (The whole damn Album) - Deep Purple

... spring to mind.

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:16 am
by ghostgirl
Nights In White Satin - Moody Blues

We Got Tonight - Bob Segar

Vienna - Ultravox

Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker

Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here, Learning To Fly - Pink Floyd

Human - The Killers

Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

La Isla Bonita - Madonna

Love On The Rocks, Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

Fade To Grey - Visage

I Am The Beat - The Look

When Doves Cry - Prince & The Revolution

Take It On The Run, Keep On Loving You - REO Speedwagon

Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

For Your Eyes Only = Sheena Easton

I Want To Know What Love Is, Cold As Ice - Foreigner

Take My Breath Away - Berlin

Every Rose Has Its Thorn - poison

Biko, Games Without Frontiers - Peter Gabriel

In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins

We Belong, Love Is A Battlefield, Fire & Ice - Pat Benetar

Suddenly - Billy Ocean

Dim All The Lights, McArthur Park - Donna Summer

Drift Away - Dobie Gray

Where The Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, With Or WQithout You - U2

Africa, Rosanna - Toto

Do That To Me One More Time - The Captain & Tennille

Nightshift - The Commodores

state of independence, Friends Of Mr Cairo - Jon & Vangelis

Sexy Eyes, Better Love Next Time - Dr Hook

Brothers In Arms, Private Investigations, Telegraph Road, Going Home (Local Hero Theme) - Dire Straits

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:25 am
by Raffles
ghostgirl wrote:Nights In White Satin - Moody Blues

We Got Tonight - Bob Segar

Vienna - Ultravox

Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker

Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here, Learning To Fly - Pink Floyd


Human - The Killers

Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

La Isla Bonita - Madonna

Love On The Rocks, Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

Fade To Grey - Visage

I Am The Beat - The Look

When Doves Cry - Prince & The Revolution

Take It On The Run, Keep On Loving You - REO Speedwagon

Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

For Your Eyes Only = Sheena Easton


I Want To Know What Love Is, Cold As Ice - Foreigner

Take My Breath Away - Berlin

Every Rose Has Its Thorn - poison

Biko, Games Without Frontiers - Peter Gabriel


In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins


We Belong, Love Is A Battlefield, Fire & Ice - Pat Benetar

Suddenly - Billy Ocean

Dim All The Lights, McArthur Park - Donna Summer

Drift Away - Dobie Gray

Where The Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, With Or WQithout You - U2

Africa, Rosanna - Toto

Do That To Me One More Time - The Captain & Tennille

Nightshift - The Commodores

state of independence, Friends Of Mr Cairo - Jon & Vangelis


Sexy Eyes, Better Love Next Time - Dr Hook

Brothers In Arms, Private Investigations, Telegraph Road, Going Home (Local Hero Theme) - Dire Straits


Hmm, matches in bold.

Gonna add;


Beds are Burning- Midnight Oil
Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
I am telling you- Jennifer Hudson
Swords of a thousand men- Tenpole Tudor
Loving You- Minnie Ripperton
Ship Building- Elvis Costello
Stairway to Heaven- Led Zeppelin
Roxanne- The Police
The Fletcher Memorial Home- Pink Floyd
Get Back- The Beatles
Space Oddity- David Bowie
Relax- Frankie goes to Hollywood
Kate Bush- The man with the child in his eyes.

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:30 am
by ghostgirl
Lol, anything by Pink Floyd really, just didn't wanna fill up the whole page!? :rofl: :rofl:

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:42 am
by Raffles
ghostgirl wrote:Lol, anything by Pink Floyd really, just didn't wanna fill up the whole page!? :rofl: :rofl:


;)

[Link To Youtube Video]

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:47 am
by ghostgirl
M'wuh, m'wuh, m'wuh!!! :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

Your All Time Favourite Songs and why...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:49 am
by Raffles
ghostgirl wrote:M'wuh, m'wuh, m'wuh!!! :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

You like 'The Bangles' too?

[Link To Youtube Video]


:rofl: