Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Current pop songs that do your head in

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

this one...I cant stand it!

it sounds like they're aiming for the potential in perpetuity advert market, along the lines of Bad Day ( Secrets of writing a 'wallpaper' hit http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7518881.stm )

...bland , bland and more bland. And not just bland, bloomin' annoying too.

Almost want to punch him at specific points during this song, "yes" aagghh :banghead:

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

A subject close to my heart. :o

As I've just mentioned in another thread, my radio station of choice, which I put on when I get up and I'm faffing about in the kitchen and also it's on all day in the wagon, is Galaxy 105, a dance/R&B music station. For the most part of it, I like a lot of what they play, but some of the songs really annoy me very, very much. :x There is also a lot of repetition of the ones I don't like too. :x

I cannot stand 'Madcon' and the song Beggin'. :x The proper videos all seem to have embedding disabled, so I had to resort to this one. It's still the same awful song, mind...

I can't bloody stand it at all. Just hearing one tiny bit of it is enough to make me want to commit atrocities. :x :o

There are a few others I can't stand as well, but I can't think of them right now. :x

Annoyingly though, I've caught myself singing along to songs I can't stand. :o Is it just me who does this? I was singing along to Beggin' whilst out in the lorry the other day and I don't even like the ruddy song. :x :o

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

I posted that very song Whirlie in the awful songs thread. Totally vapid, whiney, pop star wannabe junk.

Here's another...

...the music's ripped off and the lyrics are as stupid and pretentious as anything I've heard in years (apart from maybe the Kooks).

Foo foo. Let's all foo foo.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:

Yeah it is pretty grim.

Certainly not a tune that's gonna be on any compilations in 30 years time. :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

The_Hitman wrote:I posted that very song Whirlie in the awful songs thread. Totally vapid, whiney, pop star wannabe junk.

oops sorry, didnt realise you'd already identified it as total pap. ok you win that one! :D

The_Hitman wrote:Here's another...

...the music's ripped off and the lyrics are as stupid and pretentious as anything I've heard in years (apart from maybe the Kooks).

agghhhh. what a nightmare. Lynard Skynard are back in the album chart( presumably due to this song?), Freebird was played in full on the Chart Show on Sunday. Hadnt heard it in ages.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Anything by the Kaiser Chiefs - no idea if they have a current song as they all sound the same to me ...dull, dull, dull

Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

The same old Euro cheese handbag dance pop that sounds like a somebody has hit the demo button on a Casio keyboard!

A little vague sorry!

Posted on

The_Hitman wrote:I

Yeah, but they call it a 'homage' though. :D

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I quite like the Kid Rock song :oops:

I really dislike Scouting for Girls at the moment, all their songs sound the same. Also don't like "American Boy" - reminds me of some dreadful late 70s/early 80s shite.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Tired but happy

Posted on

pompey73 wrote:I quite like the Kid Rock song :oops:

I really dislike Scouting for Girls at the moment, all their songs sound the same. Also don't like "American Boy" - reminds me of some dreadful late 70s/early 80s shite.

:oops: i like '70's shite..... ;)

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music