Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Morrissey on Jools Holland next Friday

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

This is the track listing for the new greatest hits album.

First Of The Gang To Die
In The Future When All's Well
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
Irish Blood English Heart
You Have Killed Me
That's How People Grow Up
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Redondo Beach
Suedehead
Youngest Was The Most Loved
Last Of The Famous International Playboys
More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get
All You Need Is Me
Let Me Kiss You
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Alma Matters

What a disappointment :(: Half of it's gleaned from his last two albums. Excellent singles like Interesting Drug, Piccadilly Palare, November Spawned A Monster, Boxers and Sonny are missing. Nothing either from the excellent Your Arsenal album which had two hit singles - yet we get that strange photograph shown at the top of this page namechecking it in the artwork.

I hope Morrissey didn't have much say in this collection, I can't believe he'd support such a shoddy release.

Posted on

Do you plan to buy it musty? I haven't decided yet.

I know Morrissey himself has spoken of his last two albums being his best because of how he was feeling at the time of writing and making them.

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:Do you plan to buy it musty? I haven't decided yet.

I know Morrissey himself has spoken of his last two albums being his best because of how he was feeling at the time of writing and making them.

I won't be buying it, there's only a few songs on it I don't already have. Regardless of how good his recent work is, 'greatest hits' should cover an artist's complete career. Whole stages of his music have been ignored on this collection ( Kill Uncle, Your Arsenal and Southpaw Grammar ) and singles that were never included on albums have been left off.

Very poorly thought through IMO.

Posted on

I agree with Musty. It's not worth buying if you already have most of the songs.

I think Bona Drag was the best quasi-'Greatest Hits' (+new songs) album.

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

whimsical oracle wrote:I agree with Musty. It's not worth buying if you already have most of the songs.

I think Bona Drag was the best quasi-'Greatest Hits' (+new songs) album.

Bona Drag came very early in his solo career, but it wrapped up the first phase of it neatly and included some good B Sides. It's biggest error was cutting the song Will Never Marry, which has beautiful guitarwork and an eerie feel to it's last few minutes.

After Bona Drag and Kill Uncle he formed his permanent backing band and made the excellent Your Arsenal album. I still feel the list of songs I posted above is more representative than this current album's selection.

Posted on

Morrissey???????????????????????????????????

Aint he a RACIST?????????????????????????????????????

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Er, no.

Posted on

I'm sure I read somewhere that Morrissey is a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Jobless Oddball wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere that Morrissey is a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morrissey was accused of racism in the 80s because he dared to address racial issues in songs. None of the lyrics were xenophobic in the least. Bengali In Platforms, Asian Rut and The National Front Disco were the songs in question.

Morrissey's black fans supported him during the controversy, showing more wisdom than the leftist music press of the day.

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:Word magazine have now apologised unreservedly for their accusation of racism and there is an onging court case with NME.

That means nowt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Hooked!

Previous

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music