Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Is Amy Winehouse Finished?

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I was rather surprised, given what I've been reading about her of late, to get an email this morning from Island Records with the subject Amy Winehouse - New Album for Christmas.

Turns out its merely a re-packaging of her previous two albums in time for the Christmas market.....

I really love her voice and at first thought she was going through a bad phase and would clean up and get back on track, but now I've just had it with her. I think she's quite committed to what she's doing (destroying herself) and I get fed up hearing about her managing to turn up for rich men paying her a million to sing at birthday parties and not to turn up for concerts and going on and on about her "Blakey Incarcerated".

Do you think she can recover and get back to her previous form? Are you bored reading about her behaviour and seeing pictures of her showing off her emaciated body in tiny shorts? Do you think she has enough desire to make music again?

Posted on

I don't think she has any desire to live, TBH.

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Posted on

ariane wrote:I was rather surprised, given what I've been reading about her of late, to get an email this morning from Island Records with the subject Amy Winehouse - New Album for Christmas.

Turns out its merely a re-packaging of her previous two albums in time for the Christmas market.....

I really love her voice and at first thought she was going through a bad phase and would clean up and get back on track, but now I've just had it with her. I think she's quite committed to what she's doing (destroying herself) and I get fed up hearing about her managing to turn up for rich men paying her a million to sing at birthday parties and not to turn up for concerts and going on and on about her "Blakey Incarcerated".

Do you think she can recover and get back to her previous form? Are you bored reading about her behaviour and seeing pictures of her showing off her emaciated body in tiny shorts? Do you think she has enough desire to make music again?

Ari, I think she has an amazing voice! i've got Back to Black and always playing it! I kept thinking at the beginning.*she'll get her act together* but now she is just on a downward spiral! Sad :thumbdown:

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

She was OK. Yup vastly over-rated

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

She was unique when so much pop music was bland and unoriginal.
Nothing really changes in the pop scene though.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

I don't think she was overrated,she could write songs and she had a terrific voice,her Jazz songs are great..

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Back to Black was an amazing song. She did some good covers too. The press were hounding her 24/7. Too many drugs, too much booze. The outcome was inevitable :evil:

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

Grand Master

Posted on

phild05 wrote:Back to Black was an amazing song. She did some good covers too. The press were hounding her 24/7. Too many drugs, too much booze. The outcome was inevitable :evil:

The whole album is fabulous I think.. Her dear 'dad' has made a lot of money from her death. :hmmm: :(

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

There was a good documentary on her a year or so ago. Think it was on the BBC.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

phild05 wrote:Back to Black was an amazing song. She did some good covers too. The press were hounding her 24/7. Too many drugs, too much booze. The outcome was inevitable :evil:

With 'friends' like Russell Brand, there was unlikely to be an upside to her career.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

I dont think she was overrated whatsoever. Amy was a real talent in a world of tacky 'popstars' and yes, her jazz recordings and performances far outweigh her 'pop' crap.

I really liked her.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

Gregory Porter is a good, no great jazz singer. Very cool guy too.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Morph wrote:It's 5 years today since Amy Winehouse died and people are talking about her like she was a legend. I never liked her music and thought she was extremely overrated. The Rylan Clark of the music industry.

Same here, I never liked any of her music either yet surrounded by for who think she was an angel. Shame she died when she was eventually trying to get back on the straight and narrow, was nothing personal, just not my sort of music!

Trailer Trash

Posted on

Dolls wrote:

The whole album is fabulous I think.. Her dear 'dad' has made a lot of money from her death. :hmmm: :(

I agree, h3 jumped on the be and wagon from a cabbie to getting his own show at some point then it spiralled from there.

I do and have watched documentaries on her, as I like medical stuff, wouldn't have wished her dead or anything, just wasn't a fan.

Trailer Trash

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music