Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Cringey pop memorabilia...

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Do you have autographs or other memorabilia from pop stars that you have hidden away in a cupboard somewhere that you would rather NEVER saw the light of day again because it makes you cringe?

When I was a teenager I was into Gary Numan in a HUGE way. I was a memebr of his fan club and everything :oops: When I first joined it they didn't send me what they were supposed to so I wrote them a poem about my disappointment.... and Gary's mum Beryl (still remember her name lol) sent me a lovely little poem back. At the time I was over the moon. Sadly when I got over my crush on him and saw him for the fat little bald geezer he had become, I chucked out all the posters and photo's and stuff. But I always kept that letter.... :oops:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Awww, poor Trixie. I've got no souvenirs like that - maybe blokes don't get those crushes quite as much. And 95% of pop stars seemed to be male in my era anyway.

One singer I used to really fancy was Kiki Dee - c'woor, she pressed all the right buttons for me :D ;)




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I dumped all mine a long time ago in case one of my new girlies saw it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Image

User avatar
Super Smegsterwegsta
Posts: 4829
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: The Shivering Islands
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

mr. mustard wrote:Awww, poor Trixie. I've got no souvenirs like that - maybe blokes don't get those crushes quite as much. And 95% of pop stars seemed to be male in my era anyway.

One singer I used to really fancy was Kiki Dee - c'woor, she pressed all the right buttons for me :D ;)


Did she do anything else other than that one with EJ? I don't know much about her really :chin:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Jericho wrote:I dumped all mine a long time ago in case one of my new girlies saw it. :eek: :eek: :eek:


Come on Romeo, fess up, what was the most cringey thing you owned?? :D




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Trixiebelle wrote:
Jericho wrote:I dumped all mine a long time ago in case one of my new girlies saw it. :eek: :eek: :eek:


Come on Romeo, fess up, what was the most cringey thing you owned?? :D


:oops: :oops: :oops:

I used to have a Pamela Anderson poster... and one of those door posters of the Alien from the movie, ALIEN... plus I kinda owned a *ahem* WHAM album... but er I got rid of it... :eek4: :banghead: oh my... there were a few cringey things I had... :jester:

Image

User avatar
Super Smegsterwegsta
Posts: 4829
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: The Shivering Islands
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Trixiebelle wrote:Did she do anything else other than that one with EJ? I don't know much about her really :chin:

This was her first hit - I love it....forgive me for putting Tony Blackburn on :D





Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Oh I do know that song but I've only heard it done by Helen Reddy or Elkie Brooks I think...It's a FAB song :thumb:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Lol Jeri I had the Wham album too but managed to give it away at some point :thumb:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Trixiebelle wrote:Lol Jeri I had the Wham album too but managed to give it away at some point :thumb:


Phew! Makes me feel better I am not alone now ! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Image

User avatar
Super Smegsterwegsta
Posts: 4829
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: The Shivering Islands
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I had a signed photo of Baccara. It was sent to me by my German pen-pal, who obviously had better taste than me at the time! ( because she didn't want it!)

Image

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

User avatar
MILF
Posts: 11299
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 pm
Location: Always Argyll

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

That is what eBay is for :thumb:



Super Smegster
Posts: 3348
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:03 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia


Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests