Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Sir Cliff says Beatles were often out of tune

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

whimsical oracle wrote:Anyway, back to Out-of-tuneness... remember Jemini "nul points"? :o :D

Where was Cliff then? :D Boy, that was bad :rofl:

Posted on

Didn't Cliff self-ban his then new single 'honky tonk angel' when he realised it was about prostitution?

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

whimsical oracle wrote:Anyway, back to Out-of-tuneness... remember Jemini "nul points"? :o :D

I remember them. Only memorable by their naffness.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

It's possible that CR has a downer on The Beatles from a moral point of view. A lot of christians never forgave John for his comments about Jesus's popularity being less than the fabs'. The Beatles' records were also banned on religious and moral grounds in Israel and South Africa. The 60s saw a lot of the church's old guidelines swept away by the tide of new ideas and liberation.

If that's what's behind his criticism, he should be honest and tell us what he really thinks rather than saying that Beatle songs are out of tune :roll:

Posted on

mr. mustard wrote:

It's possible that CR has a downer on The Beatles from a moral point of view. A lot of christians never forgave John for his comments about Jesus's popularity being less than the fabs'. The Beatles' records were also banned on moral grounds in Russia, Israel and South Africa. The 60s saw a lot of the church's old guidelines swept away by the tide of new ideas and liberation.

If that's what's behind his criticism, he should be honest and tell us what he really thinks rather than saying that Beatle songs are out of tune :roll:

Posted on

Cliff's like...40 years too late to start a Cliff V The Beatles publicity war now. What a half-wit.

It's a good job he's got his sales stats and numbers to fall back on (just like shitty Westlife have) because Cliff Richards musical credibility is about as weighty as S Club Junior's. I bet even his fans are thinking shuddup Cliff. It sounds petty coming from him.

I do like to hear criticisms for The Beatles though, it's refereshing, even though I'm a big fan. It's just better to hear it from avarage joes with no agenda.

Foo foo. Let's all foo foo.

Loves The place!

Posted on

I agree with him on Elvis - an inexplicably popular artist who persistently sang flat.
I don't think much of Cliff Richard's songs though.

This has been a ThinBoy quality post

Loves The place!

Posted on

HAHAH!! - they were hilariously bad. I remember she was quite cute though.

I couldn't find a youtube vid of this sadlty.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Previous

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music