Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Bilderberg is bullshit says the BBC...

All things NWO, Ruling Elite, Illuminati, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

The BBC thinks Bilderberg believers are deluded.

Well, it wants YOU to think that's what the article is about. In truth the whole thing is very cleverly put together, and combines a strange mixture of fact and fiction into a single literary piece basically designed to poo hoo and ridicule EVERYTHING conspiracy related; and doing everything but openly invite the reader to have a good laugh about all conspiracy theories as a consequence.

Basically in a single derisory article we have 9/11, Anti-Semitism, Lizards, Aliens, New World Order and Illuminati, Freemasonry conspiracies all lumped together as if to say that those who believe in a so-called Bilderberg cabal probably, ""...people who tend to be alienated by the mainstream, who feel powerless. They have a need to have a sense of control."

Must be that time again, eh? ;) CT's voices are getting a little bit too loud once more, and it's time to enlist the assistance of the MSM to mock them publicly. We MUST get the average citizen back on our side... We MUST get the average citizen back on our side... We MUST get the average citizen back on our side....

BTW you have GOT to read the (so far) 460 comments following this piece! :D :thumb:

Bilderberg mystery: Why do people believe in cabals?
8th June 2011

Ordinary people can only guess at the goings-on at the meetings of the secretive Bilderberg Group, which is bringing together the world's financial and political elite this week. Conspiracy theories abound as to what is discussed and who is there. Why, asks Tom de Castella?
Former European Commissioner Viscount Davignon heads the Bilderberg Group

The belief in secret cabals running the world is a hardy perennial. And on Thursday perhaps the most controversial clandestine organisation of our times - the Bilderberg Group - is meeting behind closed doors.

In the manner of a James Bond plot, up to 150 leading politicians and business people are to gather in a ski resort in Switzerland for four days of discussion about the future of the world.

Previous attendees of the group, which meets once a year in a five-star hotel, are said to have included Bill Clinton, Prince Charles and Peter Mandelson, as well as dozens of company CEOs.

First meeting in 1954, the aim was to shore up US-European relations and prevent another world war. Now under the group's leadership of former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and one-time EU vice president, Viscount Davignon, the aim is purportedly to allow Western elites to share ideas.

But conspiracy theorists have accused it of everything from deliberately engineering the credit crunch to planning to kill 80% of the world population. Longtime opponent and US radio host Alex Jones, heckled one meeting through a megaphone: "We know you are ruthless. We know you are evil. We respect your dark power."

Part of the reason for alarm is the group's secretive working methods. Names of attendees are not usually released before the conference, meetings are closed to the public and the media, and no press releases are issued.

The gnashing of teeth over Bilderberg is ridiculous, says Times columnist David Aaronovitch. "It's really an occasional supper club for the rich and powerful," he argues.

Denis Healey, co-founder of the group, told the journalist Jon Ronson in his book 'Them' that people overlook the practical benefits of informal networking. "Bilderberg is the most useful international group I ever attended," he told him. "The confidentiality enabled people to speak honestly without fear of repercussions."

So why do groups like this cause so much alarm? Aaronovitch, who wrote the 2009 book Voodoo Histories, says plots to install a new world order have traditionally been a conspiracy fantasy. "They tend to believe that everything true, local and national is under threat from cosmopolitan, international forces often linked to financial capitalism and therefore, also often, to Jewish interests."

Secret cabals extend beyond the Bilderberg Group. The Illuminati, which derives from a 16th Century Bavarian secret society, is alleged to be an all powerful secret society, including US presidents, that has controlled major world events. The Freemasons - famous for their peculiar handshakes - is a secret fraternity society that has become more open in recent years after extensive criticism.

The charter of Hamas - the Islamist party governing Gaza - asserts that the Freemasons are in league with the Jews and those unlikely bully boys - the Rotary Club - to undermine Palestine.

John Hamill, spokesman for freemasonry's governing body in England and Wales says the organisation is aware of Hamas's allegation.

"There's no truth in it, freemasonry is apolitical. It probably arises because one of our ceremonies is about the story of King Solomon's Temple. For some reason Islamic governments translate that into Zionism."

In fact, many conspiracy theories surrounding cabals hint at an anti-Semitic worldview. The Protocols of the Elders of Zion was a forged document, probably created by agents of Tsarist Russia, which appeared to show a Jewish plot to take over the world.

Despite being proved to be a fraud, the idea has been kept alive by anti-Semites and has spawned later versions. One of those, the Zionist Occupational Government, argues that countries have puppet governments but that the real power is held by Jewish interests.

More recently, former sports journalist David Icke has proclaimed that the world is governed by alien, reptilian shape shifters. In other words, giant lizards.
It's much smarter than conspiracy - this is moulding the way people think so that it seems like there's no alternative to what is happening”

Prof Andrew Kakabadse
Bilderberg People

There is obviously no right-wing monopoly on conspiracy theories. During the Monica Lewinsky scandal, Hilary Clinton blamed a "vast right-wing conspiracy" for her husband's predicament. And more recently, some on the left have argued that the 9/11 attacks were organised by President Bush's inner circle in order to invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

The politics of cabals has always been pretty muddled, says James McConnachie, co-author of the Rough Guide to Conspiracy Theories. These groups allow protesters to project their own fears onto them.

In the US, the most extreme fear over Bilderberg is of a hidden cabal run by the European Union and threatening American freedoms. ( :confused: RUBBISH!!!) In Europe, the view is often of a free market elite trying to push through a right-wing agenda.

"Conspiracy theories are quite blind to conventional notions of left and right," says McConnachie. "The left is organising an international government. Meanwhile, global capitalism on the right may be doing the same thing by different means."

For Aaronovitch what often triggers widespread cabal theories are moments of great upheaval.

"It happens a lot when times are changing significantly. Whether, oddly, they are changing for better as well as for the worse. Why did McCarthyism happen at the time when US economy was growing faster than at any time in history?"

Society was in flux, the economy expanding rapidly and millions of servicemen were coming back from the war.

It's not just the about social context. Some people are more susceptible than others to believing in wacky cabals, says Prof Chris French, of Goldsmith College's psychology department. "It's people who tend to be alienated by the mainstream, who feel powerless. They have a need to have a sense of control."

Not only do they not trust the government, they tend not to trust their neighbours either. (RIGHT. YEAH. IT'S TRUE, I'M PARANOID AS HEE ABOUT OLD MR MC KAY NEXT DOOR :hmmm: ) And in the need for control, there may be links to the roots of religious belief, he says.

The conspiracy theorists may get overexcited but they have a point, says Prof Andrew Kakabadse, co-author of new book Bilderberg People.

The group has genuine power that far outranks the World Economic Forum, which meets in Davos, he argues. And with no transparency, it is easy to see why people are worried about its influence.

[b]Secret talks

* Bilderberg is named after the Dutch hotel where the first meeting took place in 1954
* The initial focus was the state of the trans-Atlantic alliance and the problems facing
Europe and the US
* British Labour politician Denis Healey was a founding member
* An invitation list is compiled each year by a steering committee
* About 120 people from North America and Europe are invited. About one-third are
from government and politics, and two-thirds from finance, industry, labour, education
and communications
* Meetings often feature future political leaders shortly before they become household
names. Bill Clinton went in 1991 while still governor of Arkansas, Tony Blair was there
two years later while an opposition MP
[/b]

"It's much smarter than conspiracy," says Prof Kakabadse. "This is moulding the way people think so that it seems like there's no alternative to what is happening."

The agenda the group has is to bring together the political elites on both right and left, let them mix in relaxed, luxurious surroundings with business leaders, and let the ideas fizz.

It may seem like a glorified dinner party but that is to miss the point. "When you've been to enough dinner parties you see a theme emerging," he says. The theme at Bilderberg is to bolster a consensus around free market Western capitalism and its interests around the globe, he says.

"Is this all leading to the start of the ruling the world idea? In one sense yes. There's a very strong move to have a One World government in the mould of free market Western capitalism."

Degree of nefariousness

Conventional critiques of alienated people seeking order in a chaotic world may well be true. But there's more to it than that, McConnachie argues.

"The other explanation is more dangerous. That they are precisely right - they just over-egg the way they articulate it."

The Bilderberg Group matches up to how a global conspiracy would work - a secretive body attempting to shape the direction of the world, he suggests.

"The only difference is the degree of nefariousness," he says. "They tend to see this cabal as outright evil. When things are more nuanced than that."

For all the tales of lizards running the world, we all owe a debt to conspiracy theorists, McConnachie argues. (Sure you do, it gives you a great excuse to call all conspiracy theorists NUTTERS! :stomp: )

"Occasionally you have to give credit to conspiracy theorists who raise issues that the mainstream press has ignored. It's only recently that the media has picked up on the Bilderbergers. Would the media be running stories if there weren't these wild allegations flying around?"

But Aaronovitch disagrees. Believing in cabals leads to certain groups being victimised and obstructs a rational view of the world.

"To have a strong belief in the Bilderberg Group means believing in a fantasy," he says. "It suggests that there are people - like God - acting as a higher power. And it replaces the intolerable thought that there's nothing at work at all, that the world is chaotic. It may be a form of therapy but it has people believing in an anti-scientific message."

Article Source

"TONGUE-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

Haunting Beauty
Current Mood: Spine chillingly spooky

Posted on

You thread title is misleading. The article said nothing about Bilderberg being bullshit. It did, however, launch an assault on conspiracy theories and conspiracy theorists. One of my early posts on this site was an observation and criticism of the conspiratorial ethos of Smeggy's and my opinion hasn't changed much in that regard.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Salazar wrote:You thread title is misleading. The article said nothing about Bilderberg being bullshit. It did, however, launch an assault on conspiracy theories and conspiracy theorists.

It's not an attack on all Conspiracy theories, just an attack those theories which are conflict with the theories the Ruling Elite claim.

And given the BBC is one of the biggest mouthpieces for the BBC we shouldn't be suprised. Don't forget the BBC put out a so called documentary trying demolish some 911 theories and used a 'study' done by Purdue University and the pretty animations they produced in regard to try and demolish Pentagon CTs. It's been proven that this purdue university study is in conflict with the actual events at the Pentagon

One of my early posts on this site was an observation and criticism of the conspiratorial ethos of Smeggy's and my opinion hasn't changed much in that regard.

Smeggy's doesn't have any ethos. :) It's just a forum where peeps can hang out and talk about all kinds of stuff. The 'Forum' doesn't have a view and wasn't set up to promote a particular view.

Some of us, myself included believe that the theories put out by teh Ruling Elite aren't the truth and it's more likely other explanations are more truthful. But equally there are others here that tend to believe the Ruling Elite's version of things. And of course there others who have little or no interest in these issues.

It's good job we don't all have the same view otherwise it would be boring. :) :thumb: :thumb:

And surely there's no logic in having a prejudicial view against any theory that doesn't follow the Ruling Elite's line? Only someone with an agenda to promote the Elite's view and denigrate other views would be like that?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

It's not just the about social context. Some people are more susceptible than others to believing in wacky cabals, says Prof Chris French, of Goldsmith College's psychology department. "It's people who tend to be alienated by the mainstream, who feel powerless. They have a need to have a sense of control."

Not only do they not trust the government, they tend not to trust their neighbours either. And in the need for control, there may be links to the roots of religious belief, he says.

Oh lets get a PROFESSOR and use the Logical fallacy of Appeal to AuthorityWiki to indoctrinate them against

Prof Chris French, of Goldsmith College's psychology department can FUCK OFF. I've never heard so much propaganda in one sentence. This guy doesn't deserve to be a Professor if all he can do is denigrate people who don't believe the Ruling Elite's theories by claiming they have some mental issues. notice he didn't use the word paranoid, but he's certainly implying it. Shame on you Chris French. I'd love to meet this guy. I'd demolish his nonsense with ease

I do not distrust my neighbours. I do not have the need to regain some sense of control. I do not feel powerless. I certainly am not in the slightest interested in religion. Prof Chris French I DO NOT TRUST the Government for one simple reason.... THEY ARE LIARS.

Here's a picture of him ...

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Smeggy's doesn't have any ethos. :) It's just a forum where peeps can hang out and talk about all kinds of stuff. The 'Forum' doesn't have a view and wasn't set up to promote a particular view.

I didn't suggest the site has a view or an agenda but it has a "character" (an ethos) like most discussion forums, and as it has more than its fair share of posters sympathetic to "alternative explanations and theories" then that ethos leans firmly toward the conspiratorial.

smeggypants wrote:Some of us, myself included believe that the theories put out by teh Ruling Elite aren't the truth and it's more likely other explanations are more truthful. But equally there are others here that tend to believe the Ruling Elite's version of things. And of course there others who have little or no interest in these issues.

So we are either believers in "alternative explanations" like you, or believers in "the Ruling Elite's" versions, or we're apathetic? You have made one glaring omission from your synopsis: those who tend to make their assessments of explanations based on factors other than their source.

smeggypants wrote:And surely there's no logic in having a prejudicial view against any theory that doesn't follow the Ruling Elite's line? Only someone with an agenda to promote the Elite's view and denigrate other views would be like that?

Indeed.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

The world is run by a very non-secretive society, Banks. Dosh rules the world and has since it was invented. That'll never change :evil:

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

Grand Master

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:

Not only do they not trust the government, they tend not to trust their neighbours either. And in the need for control, there may be links to the roots of religious belief, he says.

Oh lets get a PROFESSOR and use the Logical fallacy of Appeal to AuthorityWiki to indoctrinate them against

Prof Chris French, of Goldsmith College's psychology department can FUCK OFF. I've never heard so much propaganda in one sentence. This guy doesn't deserve to be a Professor if all he can do is denigrate people who don't believe the Ruling Elite's theories by claiming they have some mental issues. notice he didn't use the word paranoid, but he's certainly implying it. Shame on you Chris French. I'd love to meet this guy. I'd demolish his nonsense with ease

I do not distrust my neighbours. I do not have the need to regain some sense of control. I do not feel powerless. I certainly am not in the slightest interested in religion. Prof Chris French I DO NOT TRUST the Government for one simple reason.... THEY ARE LIARS.

Here's a picture of him ...

I tend to agree. Professor French's contribution was a pile of piss.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Salazar wrote:So we are either believers in "alternative explanations" like you, or believers in "the Ruling Elite's" versions, or we're apathetic? You have made one glaring omission from your synopsis: those who tend to make their assessments of explanations based on factors other than their source.

But surely that means people who don't always believe the ruling Elite's explanations. I'm certainly one of those you mention that I have bluebolded. I never take a specific source as being 100% truthful wherever it comes from. I like to do some background research to see if the explanation holds up.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

In fact, many conspiracy theories surrounding cabals hint at an anti-Semitic worldview. The Protocols of the Elders of Zion was a forged document, probably created by agents of Tsarist Russia, which appeared to show a Jewish plot to take over the world.

Despite being proved to be a fraud, the idea has been kept alive by anti-Semites and has spawned later versions. One of those, the Zionist Occupational Government, argues that countries have puppet governments but that the real power is held by Jewish interests.

I'd also like to take issue with the nonsense spouted above. Pure propaganda again.

Zionist Occupied Government is not called Jewish Occupied government for a reason. Zionists do indeed wield huge power in many Western Governments, particularly the USA and UK. Recognising this and indeed criticising it has nothing to do with any prejudice towards Jews.

They should realise that most Zionists are not even Jewish FFS. Politicians in the top positions of Western governments are bankrolled by the Ruling Elite. not just by Zionists but by The gElite as a whole.

Channel 4 showed a documentary outligning the power of the Zionists in the UK government, called Inside Britain's Israel Lobby" -

John J. Mearsheimer
Department of Political Science
University of Chicago

and

Stephen M. Walt
John F. Kennedy School of Government
Harvard University

authored a document called The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy

Israel is a Zionist State, not a Jewish state.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Did the author ever stick with the grand he earned as a guinea pig, or did he get more as compo ?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2006/ ... andhealth4

Regardless, the drug, if not his decision to go ahead would have impacted on his compos mentis.
Think Annie (with an appendage)

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

:thumb: Absolutely, go for it, Smeggy, that article spouted so much nonsense I didn't even know where to begin. All that anti-Semitic crap; it's a complete misnomer!

In the US, the most extreme fear over Bilderberg is of a hidden cabal run by the European Union and threatening American freedoms.

More rubbish here! America has helped fund the bloody EU almost from the start! Joseph Retinger did a speech to the Royal Institute for International Affairs in London regarding the threat posed to Europe by the Soviet Union if European countries did not stand together back in the 1940's. That wasn't the first time the idea had been discussed, but that particular speech helped give birth to the modern idea of the European Union. Soon after that speech the idea was given inside help from the American Committee on a Unified Europe (secretly funded by the CIA) who channelled millions to Retinger's European 'project'.

In Europe, the view is often of a free market elite trying to push through a right-wing agenda.

That's about right, the only problem is that it's a completely deceptive statement nevertheless. The Bilderberger group's ambitions for the EU far, far exceed mere notions of a free-market; a free market was only the first step along a very winding (and sneaky as hell) road to a single European currency plus a completely unelected centralised government.

In fact the single truthful statement in the entire article comes from Prof Kakabadse. Speaking of the Bilderberg agenda he states:
"It's much smarter than conspiracy," says Prof Kakabadse. "This is moulding the way people think so that it seems like there's no alternative to what is happening."

Haunting Beauty

Posted on

There's certainly a huge effort to denigrate any views that either don't follow the Ruling Elite's line or Criticise it. The term Conspiracy Theorist has become a pejorative Label.

And in America it's become common to denigrate those looking for the truth. i.e "truthers" The American Public have been lied to by the Ruling Elite through the Politicians and Media they control for so long that lies have become morally superior to truth.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

The attempt to pigeonhole those intelligent enough to conduct independent research and investigation becomes very evident once you realize that grouping the “truth movement” into one large category is just as ridiculous as lumping all Middle Easterners together and then making wild generalisations that only apply to miniscule minorities of the whole.

It's easy to draw a parallel between the BBC and the 'Ministry of Truth' from George Orwell’s prophetic work '1984' since these days they are just about as close to that fictional institution as you can get. As per usual, they roll out the damage control pre-Bilderberg 2011 in order to attempt to make “conspiracy theorists” look crazy.

Unfortunately for them, the fact that the Bilderberg Group exists is completely irrefutable and unarguable. The fact that they refuse to cover 130-140 of the world’s most rich and powerful individuals, spanning; politics, the corporate sphere, banking, media, the military, and royalty, is a clear indication of whom they really serve.

I guess their official Bilderberg websitemust be some conspiracy theory too.

The author of this article is hilariously inutile, imbecilic, and ...beyond ignorant.

Haunting Beauty

Posted on

The BBC normally broadcasts DEC humanitarian appeals . The only TWO DEC humanitarian appeals it refused to cover were for victims of the Zionist attacks on gaza and Lebanon.

And the BBC claims the claims of a Zionist Occupied Government a conspiracy and worse some kind of prejudice against Jews. So fucking patronising. The BBC is itself under the Zionist Thumb.

Look at Jeremy Bowen. an excellent Journalist of integrity. he tells the truth about Israel and gets his knuckles rapped. He must feel so frustrated, but realises he has to toe the line or his career is fucked.

And where is the other great BBC reporter Katya Adler these days. She's Jewish and always tried to tell the truth about Israel including the fact that Israel teaches it's children with maps that don't show Gaza and the West Bank on them.

A disgusting Zionist Regime that implements bot historical and Geographical revisionism as part of it's empire building and ethnic cleansing in Palestine.

I suspect Katya Adler has been removed to other duties.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Just read about a 100 of the comments for the article. Good to see the vast majority of them effectively calling the article out to be propagandic crap.

I liked the comment that reminded me that I pay to be brainwashed by this rubbish.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Haunting Beauty

Posted on

Ooo - look. Seems it was tiem to trot out another one.

BBC - Inside the secretive Bilderberg Group - 2005

and this one even mnetions both "Zionists" and "Jews" in the usual attempt to make criticism of Zionism an attack on Jews. :roll:

BBC - Bilderberg: The ultimate conspiracy theory - 2004

The BBC really do shame themselves with being an overt propaganda machine and disinfo machine don't they

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

ghostgirl wrote:

Excellent

here's Part2

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I didn't listen to the audio clip from the BBC article before.... but FFS, listen to the BBC presenter's propaganda ....."those who are 'otherwise sane' believe in 'wacky' theories...." and "Cured"

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I had to laugh watching this video ,all out for a stroll in matching jackets , :howl:

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to The Global Elite