Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Very special Shuttle mission starts Monday, hopefully

Forum for NASA and all other Space Exploration and Observation

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Jessica Rabbit wrote:Off topic for a second. Martyn! I love your new rank. Rocket Man is brilliant!!!!!!

It's fantastic, Wots suggested it and Smeggy changed it I think, so cool

Posted on

martyn20 wrote:
Jessica Rabbit wrote:Off topic for a second. Martyn! I love your new rank. Rocket Man is brilliant!!!!!!

It's fantastic, Wots suggested it and Smeggy changed it I think, so cool

Well it's very appropriate. When you are online the ladies' pulse rates go into orbit! ;) ;)
Not that that is why Wots suggested it of course! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ghostgirl chose mine and I chose hers, Jimmos and JLPs!!!

Posted on

martyn not sure if you know but theres "hubble live" on discovery tonight at 18:30

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:martyn not sure if you know but theres "hubble live" on discovery tonight at 18:30

Yes, hopefully they will get to cover the launch in the middle of the program, I will have it on as well as the online coverage, sometimes shows like this and the launch coverage on the News Channels has too many interviews and I like to hear the technical stuff that goes on from KSC and Houston.
Launch coverage has just started online and all is go right now.

Posted on

great stuff :)
glad you like the status by the way :)

I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

Astronauts are just about to get into the astrovan and make their way out to the pad

Posted on

Favourable weather so far for a go at launch time, there is an ice build up on one of the leads from the large external tank and it's not possible to confirm how thick it is via long range cameras so a crew has been despatched back to the pad to have a closer look. A certain amount of ice is allowed, even expected but they have to check how much there is and that it will not be a possible hazard to the shuttles skin on launch.
There is also a fire burning north of the Space Center and they are checking that no smoke will blow towards the pad for launch, it is very important that all cameras can see the launch to chart any debris strikes on the shuttle skin.

Posted on

No final word on the ice yet, they are going for their prefered launch time which is 19:01:56 BST.

Posted on

The ice has been cleared for launch, there are a few clouds but right now it is go for launch. There is a longer window this launch so they could delay for a few minutes to see if any clouds clear.

Posted on

Morning Martyn!

I've got Discovery channel on with some cheesy presenter trying to interview a couple of NASA people, and NASA TV on!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Morning Martyn!

I've got Discovery channel on with some cheesy presenter trying to interview a couple of NASA people, and NASA TV on!!

Never seen a good Discovery Live show yet, Sky News just showing Nasa TV for the launch no commentary

Posted on

And it's off!!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Seems Discovery was more live than NASA TV

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Clean launch, they seem to be having some electrical problems with a transducer, should not be a problem. They mentioned there might have been a slight problem at launch with alinement, we may hear more about that later.

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
martyn20 wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:i hope in our lifetimes that humans will return to the moon and even go to mars ...what an adventure that would be eh martyn? :thumb:

I really hope I am around for that first step back on the moon, should be sometime 2018-2022, thats a bloody long time unfortunatley. :thumbdown:

Same here!! I hope I'm around for the first step on Mars too

smeggy, you'll be there first installing broadband servers :rofl:

I will welcome the first Martian member of smeggys!!!

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

STS-125 Launch Anomalies

Those of you watching yesterday's successful launch of STS-125/Atlantis probably noted a couple of anomalies during the ascent – neither of which had any impact.
An Aerosurface Survo Amplifier (ASA) suffered a power loss at lift-off (probably due to vibration) triggering a master alarm in the cockpit. The ASA is one of four channels that control the aerosurfaces on the Orbiter.
A GH2 Outlet Pressure Transducer on the left engine also began behaving erratically at lift-off and was declared a failure.
There was also some damage to Launch Pad 39A. Up to 50 feet of "Fondu Frye" concrete was blown from the SRB main flame deflector. The damage is nowhere near as bad as that experienced during last year's STS-124 launch when thousands of bricks were blasted from the side of the flame trench. Repairs will be necessary but it is hoped they can be completed in time to support next month's planned launch of Endeavour on STS-127.

From David Brennan (Contributor to many Nasa related websites)

This was the damage after STS-124 mentioned above, no pictures yet of current damage

Posted on

Looks like there's a 2 foot long region of damage to the heatsink tiles.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

will they be docking with the ISS then smeggy ?

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

They don't have enough fuel to get to the ISS Wots, if they could not get back on Atlantis safely Endeavour would be launched with a four man crew to meet up with the damaged craft and transfer the crew aboard, Endeavour is half way through preparations at pad 39A now so could get there in plenty of time before the crew ran out of air and food.
From all signals from Nasa so far the problem is not thought to be major, they have had gashes like this before, it's the depth they need to check, they may have to have a closer look over the next few days.
Nothing to worry about just yet.......we shall see as more information becomes available.

Posted on

thanks martyn :thumb:

It's all bollocks!

PreviousNext

Return to NASA - Space