Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

NASA's LRO Gets Its First Look at Apollo Landing Sites

Forum for NASA and all other Space Exploration and Observation

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

martyn20 wrote:
annie27 wrote:
martyn20 wrote:
annie27 wrote:I an not a hoax spreader ..... :D lets clear that up ....its only you and Smeggy I discuss this with ....
nothing I have seen so far has convinced me it was real ....I was convinced by the interview with JFK (might of been with Cronkite ) about how far ahead Russia was ...and how he could not see the US catching up with them in the near future ...I was convinced by the words and actions of Neil Armstrong who became a recluse ,and Buzz Aldrin who became a drunk ...
I will never be convinced by grainy photos and film .....


I was not calling you a hoax spreader but the people who have written books, made websites and youtube vids about it being a hoax.
The thing is you say .....
I was convinced by the words and actions of Neil Armstrong who became a recluse ,and Buzz Aldrin who became a drunk ...

But both these men have always said they did go, they have both written books and Buzz Aldrin has spent the last 40 years talking about the time he went to the moon. Neither of them has ever said it was hoax so if you believe them more than the new pictures why do you still think it was hoax.
I was a drunk but it was not because I had lied about going to the moon.


glad to hear you say "Was" good for you kiddo ! :thumb:
anyway if you ask me these questions its clear you have no real idea how the cold war was panning out during the space race ...of course they could never admit it was a hoax ...they had to go along for the ride ( I think they thought they were going and the footage shown was just a practise run I do not think they had any part in the hoax till the last moment )..it was for the good and security of America against the nasty Russians .....a bit like the nasty terrorists we have now
;) ;) ;)


I know a lot about the cold war and a lot about the Russian infiltration of NASA during the cold war, if the US had not really gone to the moon they would have sung it from the mountain tops and would have pushed to get there themselves, they had spent millions and had lost thousands of people trying to get there, why would they have stopped their attempts if the US had not really gone.


I think Russia knew it was not possible ...but could not prove it and could not disprove that the USA had gone to the world ...remember the media has been under control for many many years ....how would they get the truth out to the western world ?
if they bothered now it would sound like sour grapes ....IMHO




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

annie27 wrote:
martyn20 wrote:
annie27 wrote:
martyn20 wrote:
annie27 wrote:I an not a hoax spreader ..... :D lets clear that up ....its only you and Smeggy I discuss this with ....
nothing I have seen so far has convinced me it was real ....I was convinced by the interview with JFK (might of been with Cronkite ) about how far ahead Russia was ...and how he could not see the US catching up with them in the near future ...I was convinced by the words and actions of Neil Armstrong who became a recluse ,and Buzz Aldrin who became a drunk ...
I will never be convinced by grainy photos and film .....


I was not calling you a hoax spreader but the people who have written books, made websites and youtube vids about it being a hoax.
The thing is you say .....
I was convinced by the words and actions of Neil Armstrong who became a recluse ,and Buzz Aldrin who became a drunk ...

But both these men have always said they did go, they have both written books and Buzz Aldrin has spent the last 40 years talking about the time he went to the moon. Neither of them has ever said it was hoax so if you believe them more than the new pictures why do you still think it was hoax.
I was a drunk but it was not because I had lied about going to the moon.


glad to hear you say "Was" good for you kiddo ! :thumb:
anyway if you ask me these questions its clear you have no real idea how the cold war was panning out during the space race ...of course they could never admit it was a hoax ...they had to go along for the ride ( I think they thought they were going and the footage shown was just a practise run I do not think they had any part in the hoax till the last moment )..it was for the good and security of America against the nasty Russians .....a bit like the nasty terrorists we have now
;) ;) ;)


I know a lot about the cold war and a lot about the Russian infiltration of NASA during the cold war, if the US had not really gone to the moon they would have sung it from the mountain tops and would have pushed to get there themselves, they had spent millions and had lost thousands of people trying to get there, why would they have stopped their attempts if the US had not really gone.


I think Russia knew it was not possible ...but could not prove it and could not disprove that the USA had gone to the world ...remember the media has been under control for many many years ....how would they get the truth out to the western world ?
if they bothered now it would sound like sour grapes ....IMHO


See there you go again, talking about the subject and telling me I don't know a lot about it when you get the basic stuff wrong. The Russians not only knew you could get there but they had built rockets powerful enough to get there, it was called the N1(they did not get it work in time but they certainly tried) and they had built the lunar landing craft..
Image
If the Russians knew it was not possible why did they build a Lunar Lander and rocket powerful enough to get them to the moon, there is no other use for an N1 Rocket than going to the moon.




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

it was all about beating russia ....not the exploration of space ....JFK had no interest as he states ....power was the agenda





Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

martyn20 wrote:Image



Crikey!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

That looks like some Jules Verne type craft built out of discarded kitchenware and bathtubs!!

Amazing!!! - It's a pity they didn't beat the Americans. it would have been hilarious to see that land on the moon!! I can almsot see the strings!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118895
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

annie27 wrote:it was all about beating russia ....not the exploration of space ....JFK had no interest as he states ....power was the agenda



Of course that was the reason, he has a politician not a scientist, they had to beat the Russians and they did. Oh sorry they didn't, one morning on 20th July 1969 the Americans lied to the world about the moon landings and the Russians said 'oh well they said they went so they must have, lets give up on the biggest race in history because our opponent says we lost'.




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

and then the bullshit speech he made to congress ....about exploration etc .....bull shit sold to the tax payer for power




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
martyn20 wrote:Image



Crikey!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

That looks like some Jules Verne type craft built out of discarded kitchenware and bathtubs!!

Amazing!!! - It's a pity they didn't beat the Americans. it would have been hilarious to see that land on the moon!! I can almsot see the strings!!!

:rofl: :rofl:


now see if I had said that (as I so wanted to ) you would have told me off ..... :rofl:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Well if you want to insult Kennedy as well as NASA I am done,




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

martyn20 wrote:
annie27 wrote:it was all about beating russia ....not the exploration of space ....JFK had no interest as he states ....power was the agenda



Of course that was the reason, he has a politician not a scientist, they had to beat the Russians and they did. Oh sorry they didn't, one morning on 20th July 1969 the Americans lied to the world about the moon landings and the Russians said 'oh well they said they went so they must have, lets give up on the biggest race in history because our opponent says we lost'.



Or maybe the Russians really did want to explore space but realised it was not possible ..radiation and all that ......
the whole thing is still a bit of a laugh between russians
just like Osama and the muslims ....




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

martyn20 wrote:Well if you want to insult Kennedy as well as NASA I am done,


I liked the guy ...he wanted to end the FED and end the war in Nam ....and they took him out ....but he was not perfect by any standards ...his father was a fecking rascal ....womanising git .....the acorn did not fall far from the tree
but I still like Kennedy, he had to do what was expected to stay in power .....the same is still going on now !




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Annie why do you think the Moon Landings were a hoax? I mean it's easy to find the motivations and political forces that would want to orchestrate false flags like 911, Madrid and 7-7. And it's also not beyond the line sof credibility to arrange for some Muslims to hijack planes and plant bombs.

But I don't see how such an expedition to the moon could be faked. And yes I know the issues surrounding the reasons for going in order to beat the soviets and the saving face of America if Apollo 11 did it before the end of the decade.

Maybe, because something went wrong and Apollo 11 was faked in order to beat the deadline and all subsequent missions were real.

I have an open mind. Even to this CT, btu I've seen nothing to persuade me that it could have been a fake.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118895
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:Annie why do you think the Moon Landings were a hoax? I mean it's easy to find the motivations and political forces that would want to orchestrate false flags like 911, Madrid and 7-7. And it's also not beyond the line sof credibility to arrange for some Muslims to hijack planes and plant bombs.

But I don't see how such an expedition to the moon could be faked. And yes I know the issues surrounding the reasons for going in order to beat the soviets and the saving face of America if Apollo 11 did it before the end of the decade.

Maybe, because something went wrong and Apollo 11 was faked in order to beat the deadline and all subsequent missions were real.

I have an open mind. Even to this CT, btu I've seen nothing to persuade me that it could have been a fake.


tell ya what smeggy ...if I am wrong I would be delighted ...what an achievement ...but .....all the evidence I get are grainy pictures and footage ....I give actual words and footage that I think have offered reason for me to believe the whole this was a massive PR stunt
who would ever in this day and age believe a picture .....its no longer worth a thousands words ....but maybe a thousand $ and the suckers are paying the bills .....US
I would like some of the stuff I have posted addressed in a real civilised manner not a knee jerk reaction ...*I am right you are wrong* .....I have never told Martyn he was WRONG (check) ...just told him I never believed it myself and then posted my point as found .




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

annie27 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Annie why do you think the Moon Landings were a hoax? I mean it's easy to find the motivations and political forces that would want to orchestrate false flags like 911, Madrid and 7-7. And it's also not beyond the line sof credibility to arrange for some Muslims to hijack planes and plant bombs.

But I don't see how such an expedition to the moon could be faked. And yes I know the issues surrounding the reasons for going in order to beat the soviets and the saving face of America if Apollo 11 did it before the end of the decade.

Maybe, because something went wrong and Apollo 11 was faked in order to beat the deadline and all subsequent missions were real.

I have an open mind. Even to this CT, btu I've seen nothing to persuade me that it could have been a fake.


tell ya what smeggy ...if I am wrong I would be delighted ...what an achievement ...but .....all the evidence I get are grainy pictures and footage ....I give actual words and footage that I think have offered reason for me to believe the whole this was a massive PR stunt
who would ever in this day and age believe a picture .....its no longer worth a thousands words ....but maybe a thousand $ and the suckers are paying the bills .....US
I would like some of the stuff I have posted addressed in a real civilised manner not a knee jerk reaction ...*I am right you are wrong* .....I have never told Martyn he was WRONG (check) ...just told him I never believed it myself and then posted my point as found .


Well it was 1969. I'm amazed such a feat was possible then, but then I'm amazed that the Great pyramid was built with such precision 3,500 years ago.

I'm sure you wouldn't doubt that a Saturn V rocket took off and a command module parachuted into the sea some days later. So are you suggesting that they simply orbited around the Earth while the fakery was going on? Maybe Neil Armstrong will confess on his deathbed?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118895
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Annie why do you think the Moon Landings were a hoax? I mean it's easy to find the motivations and political forces that would want to orchestrate false flags like 911, Madrid and 7-7. And it's also not beyond the line sof credibility to arrange for some Muslims to hijack planes and plant bombs.

But I don't see how such an expedition to the moon could be faked. And yes I know the issues surrounding the reasons for going in order to beat the soviets and the saving face of America if Apollo 11 did it before the end of the decade.

Maybe, because something went wrong and Apollo 11 was faked in order to beat the deadline and all subsequent missions were real.

I have an open mind. Even to this CT, btu I've seen nothing to persuade me that it could have been a fake.


tell ya what smeggy ...if I am wrong I would be delighted ...what an achievement ...but .....all the evidence I get are grainy pictures and footage ....I give actual words and footage that I think have offered reason for me to believe the whole this was a massive PR stunt
who would ever in this day and age believe a picture .....its no longer worth a thousands words ....but maybe a thousand $ and the suckers are paying the bills .....US
I would like some of the stuff I have posted addressed in a real civilised manner not a knee jerk reaction ...*I am right you are wrong* .....I have never told Martyn he was WRONG (check) ...just told him I never believed it myself and then posted my point as found .


Well it was 1969. I'm amazed such a feat was possible then, but then I'm amazed that the Great pyramid was built with such precision 3,500 years ago.

I'm sure you wouldn't doubt that a Saturn V rocket took off and a command module parachuted into the sea some days later. So are you suggesting that they simply orbited around the Earth while the fakery was going on? Maybe Neil Armstrong will confess on his deathbed?


he is giving a speech tomorrow (its in a back article I posted ) ....I wait with anticipation as to how he conducts himself ....and what he says ....he is taking NO part in the 40th celebrations ...IE news coverage ....now why is that ???
I think he is a good man ...right to the core ...Buzz sold out ...bless *hic*




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

annie27 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Annie why do you think the Moon Landings were a hoax? I mean it's easy to find the motivations and political forces that would want to orchestrate false flags like 911, Madrid and 7-7. And it's also not beyond the line sof credibility to arrange for some Muslims to hijack planes and plant bombs.

But I don't see how such an expedition to the moon could be faked. And yes I know the issues surrounding the reasons for going in order to beat the soviets and the saving face of America if Apollo 11 did it before the end of the decade.

Maybe, because something went wrong and Apollo 11 was faked in order to beat the deadline and all subsequent missions were real.

I have an open mind. Even to this CT, btu I've seen nothing to persuade me that it could have been a fake.


tell ya what smeggy ...if I am wrong I would be delighted ...what an achievement ...but .....all the evidence I get are grainy pictures and footage ....I give actual words and footage that I think have offered reason for me to believe the whole this was a massive PR stunt
who would ever in this day and age believe a picture .....its no longer worth a thousands words ....but maybe a thousand $ and the suckers are paying the bills .....US
I would like some of the stuff I have posted addressed in a real civilised manner not a knee jerk reaction ...*I am right you are wrong* .....I have never told Martyn he was WRONG (check) ...just told him I never believed it myself and then posted my point as found .


Grainy pictures and footage where all that was available at the time and I don't believe that the media was sophisticated enough or had the technology at their disposal to perpetrate a hoax on this scale. I think a lot of people have made a lot of money perpetuating conspiracy theories like this because as long as there is a market for such total and utter rubbish they will continue.

You say "who in this day and age believe a picture" and you are right that the technology now exists to manipulate images in a very clever and convincing way. But that technology did not exist 40 years ago.

I do give some conspiracy theories some consideration but I think the moon landings were a hoax brigade (give us your money and we'll tell you why) are the biggest bunch of looneys (or should that be lunars!) going.

I have very much enjoyed reading Martyn's posts and I have to say that if I was ever to have any questions on anything space related he would be the first person I would turn to because this is a subject that he obviously has considerable exertise on. BTW Martyn I loved the picture of the space rocket (very Clanger-esque!). I think that Smeggy will be trying to recreate that with the bits he has removed from his kitchen! :rofl:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Jessica Rabbit wrote:
annie27 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Annie why do you think the Moon Landings were a hoax? I mean it's easy to find the motivations and political forces that would want to orchestrate false flags like 911, Madrid and 7-7. And it's also not beyond the line sof credibility to arrange for some Muslims to hijack planes and plant bombs.

But I don't see how such an expedition to the moon could be faked. And yes I know the issues surrounding the reasons for going in order to beat the soviets and the saving face of America if Apollo 11 did it before the end of the decade.

Maybe, because something went wrong and Apollo 11 was faked in order to beat the deadline and all subsequent missions were real.

I have an open mind. Even to this CT, btu I've seen nothing to persuade me that it could have been a fake.


tell ya what smeggy ...if I am wrong I would be delighted ...what an achievement ...but .....all the evidence I get are grainy pictures and footage ....I give actual words and footage that I think have offered reason for me to believe the whole this was a massive PR stunt
who would ever in this day and age believe a picture .....its no longer worth a thousands words ....but maybe a thousand $ and the suckers are paying the bills .....US
I would like some of the stuff I have posted addressed in a real civilised manner not a knee jerk reaction ...*I am right you are wrong* .....I have never told Martyn he was WRONG (check) ...just told him I never believed it myself and then posted my point as found .


Grainy pictures and footage where all that was available at the time and I don't believe that the media was sophisticated enough or had the technology at their disposal to perpetrate a hoax on this scale. I think a lot of people have made a lot of money perpetuating conspiracy theories like this because as long as there is a market for such total and utter rubbish they will continue.

You say "who in this day and age believe a picture" and you are right that the technology now exists to manipulate images in a very clever and convincing way. But that technology did not exist 40 years ago.

I do give some conspiracy theories some consideration but I think the moon landings were a hoax brigade (give us your money and we'll tell you why) are the biggest bunch of looneys (or should that be lunars!) going.

I have very much enjoyed reading Martyn's posts and I have to say that if I was ever to have any questions on anything space related he would be the first person I would turn to because this is a subject that he obviously has considerable exertise on. BTW Martyn I loved the picture of the space rocket (very Clanger-esque!). I think that Smeggy will be trying to recreate that with the bits he has removed from his kitchen! :rofl:



I guess you never saw 2001 A Space Odyssey then Jess .....made in 1968 ..... :D pretty good flick if I remember :thumb:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Martyn. Thanks for this link to the LRO pics - wow they are amazing and it sounds like there are even higher resolution images to come. :thumb: I must send the link to my OH because he loves that sort of stuff.

You know from our chat a while back that I have developed an interest in health issues in space and while I was on the website I found some other stuff that was really interesting. I may pull some of the stuff together and start a thread on it.




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I am struggling to summon the enthusiasm to stay involved in this and similar threads.




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

stat strong martyn ,dont let them get you down :thumb:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I am really getting into this subject Martyn and I am relying on your expertise!!!!!




PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to NASA - Space

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron