Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Stakes high for moon program

Forum for NASA and all other Space Exploration and Observation

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I must say sorry for diverting a moon thread again ......really sorry ! honest :thumb:

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:annie I suggest some research into economics. what's important for a society to function and to propser is not only a healthy mount of money in existence but just as importantly a healthy velocity of money ( how fast it circulates through the economy ). Recessions can be self depreciating because people are scared in hoarding money and that reduction in spending only amkes the recession worse and eventually it ends in depression.

if no new money is created then s existning loans are paid off and the money is extinguished that means the amount of money in existence dwindles and obviosuly there is less to spend, people hoard it all the more and this makes a recession worse. The vast majority of new money is created and loaned out by Private Banks and because of this the power of the economy is in private hands. when the banks cut back on lending ( Why it was called a credit crunch ) the mount of money in existence starts to decrease so people hoard it and the veolocity of money descreases. All bad.

Governments stimulating the economy with NASA like projects is good :thumb:

well I guess it depends on what school you study .....we must go to different schools :D
free trade and production is the only way to get a real economy back on its feet .....not creating larger government other wise its a round about ......with out real growth ...just passing money around from pillar to post is not the real cure for a recession ..its like taking painkillers for a toothache ..instead of having the tooth pulled ..painful for a little while but over fast ...the other option is a long agony and the pain killer only works in the short term ...you need more ....the Government should give every passport carrying Brit a million pounds each ......but NO benefits for ten years ....so some may save ...some may start a business ...some may buy houses ...hey some may buy shoes and hand bags .....would have been cheaper than bailing the banks out ... :rofl: how much ??? well we have 61 million people in the UK now so maybe 50 million cost ...BINGO Economy saved in one

:howl:

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
annie27 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:annie I suggest some research into economics. what's important for a society to function and to propser is not only a healthy mount of money in existence but just as importantly a healthy velocity of money ( how fast it circulates through the economy ). Recessions can be self depreciating because people are scared in hoarding money and that reduction in spending only amkes the recession worse and eventually it ends in depression.

if no new money is created then s existning loans are paid off and the money is extinguished that means the amount of money in existence dwindles and obviosuly there is less to spend, people hoard it all the more and this makes a recession worse. The vast majority of new money is created and loaned out by Private Banks and because of this the power of the economy is in private hands. when the banks cut back on lending ( Why it was called a credit crunch ) the mount of money in existence starts to decrease so people hoard it and the veolocity of money descreases. All bad.

well I guess it depends on what school you study .....we must go to different schools :D
free trade and production is the only way to get a real economy back on its feet .....not creating larger government other wise its a round about ......with out real growth ...just passing money around from pillar to post is not the real cure for a recession ..its like taking painkillers for a toothache ..instead of having the tooth pulled ..painful for a little while but over fast ...the other option is a long agony and the pain killer only works in the short term ...you need more ....the Government should give every passport carrying Brit a million pounds each ......but NO benefits for ten years ....so some may save ...some may start a business ...some may buy houses ...hey some may buy shoes and hand bags .....would have been cheaper than bailing the banks out ... :rofl:

You're still contradicting yourself. Spending on public projects stimulates free trade and production. Spending on public projects doesn't create a larger government.

And you can't give everyone a million pounds each as inflation would hit Zimbabwe levels, that's why printed money has to be backed by toil.

how much ??? well we have 61 million people in the UK now so maybe 50 million cost ...BINGO Economy saved in one

82p each isn't going to help anyone is it?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote:
annie27 wrote:

free trade and production is the only way to get a real economy back on its feet .....not creating larger government other wise its a round about ......with out real growth ...just passing money around from pillar to post is not the real cure for a recession ..its like taking painkillers for a toothache ..instead of having the tooth pulled ..painful for a little while but over fast ...the other option is a long agony and the pain killer only works in the short term ...you need more ....the Government should give every passport carrying Brit a million pounds each ......but NO benefits for ten years ....so some may save ...some may start a business ...some may buy houses ...hey some may buy shoes and hand bags .....would have been cheaper than bailing the banks out ... :rofl:

You're still contradicting yourself. Spending on public projects stimulates free trade and production. Spending on public projects doesn't create a larger government.

And you can't give everyone a million pounds each as inflation would hit Zimbabwe levels, that's why printed money has to be backed by toil.

how much ??? well we have 61 million people in the UK now so maybe 50 million cost ...BINGO Economy saved in one

82p each isn't going to help anyone is it?

well it was said tongue in cheek Smeggy .....How much did we hand over to bail out the banks ????

I think if you read above I said money printed and handed out that is not backed by production is the problem ....and now tax returns will be an all time low I wonder where the money will come from ?

Posted on

George Galloway agrees with Martyn and Smeggy about moon landings ! and that I am bonkers !! :D
love how Mary catches him out over "Web Sites "

Posted on

annie27 wrote:George Galloway agrees with Martyn and Smeggy about moon landings ! and that I am bonkers !! :D

Well if George Galloway says so it must be true :doh:

Posted on

martyn20 wrote:
annie27 wrote:George Galloway agrees with Martyn and Smeggy about moon landings ! and that I am bonkers !! :D

Well if George Galloway says so it must be true :doh:

So its official then !!! :rofl: (love the new pic)

Posted on

The difference between GMT (UK time) and EST (US time) is currently 4 hours, not the usual 5. US clocks go back next weekend

NASA SETS ARES I-X PRELAUNCH EVENTS AND COUNTDOWN DETAILS

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- News conferences, events and operating hours for the news center at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida are set for the upcoming Ares I-X flight test. The rocket is targeted to lift off at 8 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, Oct. 27. The launch will be carried live on NASA Television and streamed on the agency's Web site.

A launch day blog will update the countdown beginning at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 27. Originating from Kennedy, the blog is the definitive Internet source for information leading up to launch. To follow the blog, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/aresIX

Posted on

Weather is a 40% chance of a go for tomorrow, 60% Wednesday and 70% Thursday.

Posted on

Cool. What time tomorrow?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Cool. What time tomorrow?

Launch Window: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. EDT (12noon to 4pm UK time) They will try as soon as the window opens if the weather is OK. Coverage on Nasa.gov starts 9am UK

Posted on

I might even be up then :) - given Smegula is on holiday. :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I will update things from 9am, I don't think they will get off tomorrow due to weather but we shall see.

Posted on

Looks like it's set for 20 minute's time then!!

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Nasa are now hoping for a 12.29pm launch currently, weather is the issue including wind at high altitude

Posted on

I'm looking forward to seeing something other than a shuttle go up.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

They are now targeting 13.24 GMT launch time.

Posted on

Yup just heard that. Pity they didn't strap Blair to the outside of it.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

A probe cover on the top of the rocket has just got the go for removal, this cannot be put back so it seems the launch is on for the next 1/2 hour depending on weather.

Posted on

I really hope it doesn't blow up!!! :fingers_crossed: :fingers_crossed: :fingers_crossed:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

PreviousNext

Return to NASA - Space