Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

How NASA films a space shuttle launch

Forum for NASA and all other Space Exploration and Observation

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:What about the one that blew up on re-entry?

did that have civilians on board as well :chin: :( ? :( so no civillians lived to tell the tale of their great journey into outer space ...really ?

the sun doesn't exist. It's just a yellow disc that is held up by pieces of string and skyhooks :rofl:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Channel Hopper wrote:
LordNibbler wrote:I think they were totally fed up and bored with the interview and celebrity circus. Most of the astronauts went a bit off the hinge afterwards anyway, it wasn't like going for a sunday stroll in the park - it was walking on another world and looking up and seeing the Earth the size of a marble in the sky and over 200,000 miles away. Just try and imagine what that would be like - try it please, it is really incredible.

Annie went out to rent The Right Stuff, but came back with Capricorn One.

Besides, mankind would have never found the Clangers if the Van Allen belt wasn't breached

http://www.stuffucanuse.com/fake_moon_l ... ndings.htm

Perhaps Buzz Aldrin met the Soup Dragon?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

annie27 wrote:did that have civilians on board as well :chin: :( ? :( so no civillians lived to tell the tale of their great journey into outer space ...really ?

I think you'll find that teacher was the first civilian into space, not the only civilian. And whether you count them as civilians or not, some mega-rich business people have hitched themselves lifts to the ISS as space tourists and they all lived to tell the tale. Nothing suspicious in any of this at all if you were thinking that way. Branson is setting up Virgin Galactic for short just-inside-space trips as well.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

LordNibbler wrote:
annie27 wrote:did that have civilians on board as well :chin: :( ? :( so no civillians lived to tell the tale of their great journey into outer space ...really ?

I think you'll find that teacher was the first civilian into space, not the only civilian. And whether you count them as civilians or not, some mega-rich business people have hitched themselves lifts to the ISS as space tourists and they all lived to tell the tale. Nothing suspicious in any of this at all if you were thinking that way. Branson is setting up Virgin Galactic for short just-inside-space trips as well.

We'll have to club together to get annie a trip to prove to her that space does exist. :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Wouldn't it be cheaper to paper some photos over her windows? :)

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

hehe :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I've got a rocket in my pocket.....

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Channel Hopper wrote:I've got a rocket in my pocket.....

Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: Electric!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
LordNibbler wrote:

We'll have to club together to get annie a trip to prove to her that space does exist. :)

oh come on now ..of course I know space exists ....and I am sure man has been up in space ....its just the moon landing thingy :D

Posted on

LordNibbler wrote:Some more to put their mood in context:

Training takes years and is hard. The mission is a huge risk. When you get back and you think it is all over, it isn't. You are immediately placed in quarantine for maybe 2 weeks, you have no physical contact with your family or anyone. You then go through rigourous debriefing meetings analysing every second of the mission. You then find the world wants to shake your hand and you end up on world tours, visiting dignitaries, giving speeches to the UN, doing endless interviews and being forever marked as someone who walked on the moon. All of this is happening after the big event when you consider your job done and all you want to do is get back home to your family to unwind and try to come to terms with the experience. Any wonder they got a bit pissed off?

All very valid and sensible points mate ,I could not argue with anything you have said ,and it all may well be true .......but he refused to participate in NASA celebrations after the one he made with the the "Truths Protective Layers " bit :chin:

So after 50 years he still felt to knackerd to bother ??? :roll: :D

Posted on

You're talking about Neil Armstrong and the 40th anniversary celebrations? He did go along to some of the events BTW including a presentation with the other Apollo 11 astronauts at the Whitehouse with Prez Obama (who didn't seem very interested to me). Anyway, I don't know what Armstrong's motives were for dodging the limelight all these years but I can speculate pretty easily - being marked as the first man on the moon, writing a page in humanity's history book, everyone asking him or hounding him with the same boring questions, "what was it like?", asking for autographs etc etc etc when maybe he is a very private individual who hates all that baggage he inherited from something that a large organisation called NASA achieved and he happened to be one small part of (even if very important). It isn't difficult to understand that really.

The bit I don't understand is why you seem to think his behaviour indicates something suspicious as if the event didn't happen and he stays out of things because of that. (I don't know what you mean by "with the the "Truths Protective Layers " bit" so you'll have to explain that). If you want to find proof of whether the landings did happen or not then there are plenty of better and easier ways rather than decoding Neil Armstrong's personality. You could start by watching the many hours of footage recorded on the Moon that would have been physically impossible to record on Earth and watch how objects move and fall (including the astronauts), clearly showing one-sixth g and a vacuum. It might be possible (but extremely difficult) to create a vacuum in a large film stage-set but it certainly is physically impossible on Earth to create the condition of one sixth g except by dropping the entire stage-set out of the sky at a controlled rate - which I am sure you agree is a ridiculous scenario.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

LordNibbler wrote:You're talking about Neil Armstrong and the 40th anniversary celebrations? He did go along to some of the events BTW including a presentation with the other Apollo 11 astronauts at the Whitehouse with Prez Obama (who didn't seem very interested to me). Anyway, I don't know what Armstrong's motives were for dodging the limelight all these years but I can speculate pretty easily - being marked as the first man on the moon, writing a page in humanity's history book, everyone asking him or hounding him with the same boring questions, "what was it like?", asking for autographs etc etc etc when maybe he is a very private individual who hates all that baggage he inherited from something that a large organisation called NASA achieved and he happened to be one small part of (even if very important). It isn't difficult to understand that really.

The bit I don't understand is why you seem to think his behaviour indicates something suspicious as if the event didn't happen and he stays out of things because of that. (I don't know what you mean by "with the the "Truths Protective Layers " bit" so you'll have to explain that). If you want to find proof of whether the landings did happen or not then there are plenty of better and easier ways rather than decoding Neil Armstrong's personality. You could start by watching the many hours of footage recorded on the Moon that would have been physically impossible to record on Earth and watch how objects move and fall (including the astronauts), clearly showing one-sixth g and a vacuum. It might be possible (but extremely difficult) to create a vacuum in a large film stage-set but it certainly is physically impossible on Earth to create the condition of one sixth g except by dropping the entire stage-set out of the sky at a controlled rate - which I am sure you agree is a ridiculous scenario.

yes I remember well someone telling me that they did not have the Film technology to produce/fake the " Moon Bounce " ;)

I pointed out 2001 SpaceOddesey and when it was made .....

2001: A Space Odyssey is a 1968 epic science fiction film produced and directed by Stanley Kubrick, and co-written by Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke. The film deals with thematic elements of human evolution, technology, artificial intelligence, and extraterrestrial life, and is notable for its scientific realism, pioneering special effects, ambiguous imagery that is open-ended to a point approaching surrealism, sound in place of traditional narrative techniques, and minimal use of dialogue.

look if you want to believe it happened fine by me .......I think was a big scam myself .
NASA is just a cover to create Space warfare ie the Control of weather and communications .....IMHO

Posted on

Richie wrote:
Channel Hopper wrote:I've got a rocket in my pocket.....

The Supernature Guy!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

if you listen to Kennedy he has no real interest in Space ..just getting up before the Russians ...no matter how or why and by any means ...this was a power struggle not an investment for the betterment of man kind . And if they had to lie to convince the world .....so be it

Posted on

Space race! I must admit if it was something the yanks might fake it would be up there. However I don't think it was. Surely if it was a fake the Ruskies would have said something to that effect at the time?

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Resonance wrote:Space race! I must admit if it was something the yanks might fake it would be up there. However I don't think it was. Surely if it was a fake the Ruskies would have said something to that effect at the time?

I have always wondered about this .....unless they were also bullshitting as well :rofl: a double bluff maybe :chin: :D

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
Resonance wrote:Space race! I must admit if it was something the yanks might fake it would be up there. However I don't think it was. Surely if it was a fake the Ruskies would have said something to that effect at the time?

I have always wondered about this .....unless they were also bullshitting as well :rofl: a double bluff maybe :chin: :D

Are you saying the cold war was all a load of shit then :confused:

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Resonance wrote:
annie27 wrote:

Are you saying the cold war was all a load of shit then :confused:

it was indeed love .....and Billions were made for the producers of weapons at the tax payers expense ....its still going on ...

but its the Warm War now ;)

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
if you listen to Kennedy he has no real interest in Space ..just getting up before the Russians ...no matter how or why and by any means ...this was a power struggle not an investment for the betterment of man kind . And if they had to lie to convince the world .....so be it

Presidents are Lectern parrots. You know this.

Kennedy was obviously saying something uncomfortable at the lectern at some point, hence his liquidation by the Elite. I doubt it was anything to so with any space race though. More like it was to do with meddling with the Federal reserve and who produces the IOU notes ( Dollars ). Something his successor repealed very quickly. Or even more likely ..... Don't forget Kennedy also cancelled the Operation Northwoods false flag to pre-text the invasion od Cuba. As a modern analogy a US president who cancelled 911 would also be liable for liquidation too.

I've always said that if anything NASA was going to be faked then it would be landings before 11:59:59pm 31st December 1969, as that was the promise, but overall I do not think the moon landings were faked.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote:

Presidents are Lectern parrots. You know this.

Kennedy was obviously saying something uncomfortable at the lectern at some point, hence his liquidation by the Elite. I doubt it was anything to so with any space race though. More like it was to do with meddling with the Federal reserve and who produces the IOU notes ( Dollars ). Something his successor repealed very quickly. Or even more likely ..... Don't forget Kennedy also cancelled the Operation Northwoods false flag to pre-text the invasion od Cuba. As a modern analogy a US president who cancelled 911 would also be liable for liquidation too.

I've always said that if anything NASA was going to be faked then it would be landings before 11:59:59pm 31st December 1969, as that was the promise, but overall I do not think the moon landings were faked.

oh when I realised it might be faked I was gutted ....I sat up watching it like most of the older posters on here ....
but my gut tells me it was a big PR Job .

I think Kubricks Eyes Wide Shut was his last message of how things work in Washington ;) BTY :D

PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to NASA - Space