Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

The Apple Thread

Talk about your box!! yes... PC's, Mac's and TV's --We can get along!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

God bless Apple!



User avatar
On three rolls!!
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Gusset sniffer

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

crumbs wrote:God bless Apple!


How much lube to smuggle in to Guantanamo ?

Image

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 17620
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

^ About a gallon. Luckily it's water- and shit-proof. :D :D :D



User avatar
On three rolls!!
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Gusset sniffer

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112586
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Release 11.1 goes some way to fixing the battery draining on iPhones and iPads, so is worth installing.

I see crowds waited overnight to get an iPhone X. Maybe they've fixed the problem of face recognition being very poor on review phones sent out recently. Supposedly due to poor quality control. :}

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9649
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

diablo wrote:Release 11.1 goes some way to fixing the battery draining on iPhones and iPads, so is worth installing.

I see crowds waited overnight to get an iPhone X. Maybe they've fixed the problem of face recognition being very poor on review phones sent out recently. Supposedly due to poor quality control. :}



Morons. £1,000 and many of them have been smashed already :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


dunno about face recognition but Apple saw them coming :hyenas: :hyenas:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112586
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

It's a damned good phone and sets the standards that others will fail to get near. I'm just looking at availability before I pre-order mine.



User avatar
On three rolls!!
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Gusset sniffer

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
diablo wrote:I see crowds waited overnight to get an iPhone X. Maybe they've fixed the problem of face recognition being very poor on review phones sent out recently. Supposedly due to poor quality control. :}


dunno about face recognition but Apple saw them coming :hyenas: :hyenas:



Apple is looking at anus recognition software next, then it will appeal to the right audience.

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 17620
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

crumbs wrote:It's a damned good phone and sets the standards that others will fail to get near. I'm just looking at availability before I pre-order mine.


It wants to be at that price. Saying that Samsung are getting nearly as bad. The iPad is looking reasonable value in comparison to the iPhone though. You'd think it would be the other way round really.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 18891
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Channel Hopper wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
diablo wrote:I see crowds waited overnight to get an iPhone X. Maybe they've fixed the problem of face recognition being very poor on review phones sent out recently. Supposedly due to poor quality control. :}


dunno about face recognition but Apple saw them coming :hyenas: :hyenas:



Apple is looking at anus recognition software next, then it will appeal to the right audience.


A ringtone to match your ringpiece

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112586
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:
crumbs wrote:It's a damned good phone and sets the standards that others will fail to get near. I'm just looking at availability before I pre-order mine.


It wants to be at that price. Saying that Samsung are getting nearly as bad. The iPad is looking reasonable value in comparison to the iPhone though. You'd think it would be the other way round really.


The iPhone is basically a smaller iPad Pro with, in some cases, better hardware. That’s why it’s expensive. Of course it doesn’t have the screen size of the any of the iPad Pro models, but in terms of raw processing power, it’s actually slightly better than the iPad Pro. It also has more and better sensors, plus obviously the ability to make phone calls.



User avatar
On three rolls!!
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Gusset sniffer

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Samsung advert slagging off the iPhone X:



:howl:

Nobody ever goes from an iPhone to a Samsung phone. Nobody. However, millions upgrade from a Samsung to an iPhone. Hardware alone doesn't maketh the phone. It's the software that makes a product, and iOS is leagues ahead of Android.



User avatar
On three rolls!!
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Gusset sniffer

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 112586
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Crumbs how long roughly does it take to see my photos appear on new iPhone? Seems like they haven’t tranferred yet,settings seem ok..

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 33859
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Have you saved them in iCloud or a local backup? If iCloud, they should appear soon. Are you 100% sure your photos were being uploaded to iCloud?

You can log in to iCloud manually to check what is there.

I only backup locally to my Mac so don’t use iCloud for documents or photos.

There is one other possible setting to check: see what is being sync’d to iCloud on your iPhone.

I guess the first thing we need to see is how you backed up your old iPhone.



User avatar
On three rolls!!
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Gusset sniffer

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

crumbs wrote:Have you saved them in iCloud or a local backup? If iCloud, they should appear soon. Are you 100% sure your photos were being uploaded to iCloud?

You can log in to iCloud manually to check what is there.

I only backup locally to my Mac so don’t use iCloud for documents or photos.

There is one other possible setting to check: see what is being sync’d to iCloud on your iPhone.

I guess the first thing we need to see is how you backed up your old iPhone.



Yes,according to iCloud photos included in backup..

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 33859
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I’m wondering if because my old iPhone was 3G this one is 4G maybe I have to wait until everything goes through from my provider.

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 33859
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I don’t think it’s related to 3G or 4G. When you started your new phone did you choose the option to restore from an iCloud backup? If so, did you select the right one? iCloud photos are not stored in your backup. They are just in iCloud and you need to enable them to sync after you restore your backup.

Go to Settings on your new phone. At the very top should be your name. Just below that you’ll see things like Apple ID, iCloud and others. Click on your name. What is your setting for Photos in there?

There’s also a good troubleshooting page from Apple here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ae/HT203768



User avatar
On three rolls!!
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Gusset sniffer

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Photos (on) iCloud Photo Library is on.
Upload to my photo stream is on!

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 33859
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

It might still be doing it then. How long ago did you set up the new phone?



User avatar
On three rolls!!
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Gusset sniffer

PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Computers and Software

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests