Page 23 of 27

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:11 am
by crumbs
God bless Apple!!! :D :D :D

CH will improve his life immeasurably now.

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:57 am
by Channel Hopper
Stanley Tweedle wrote:
Channel Hopper wrote:I've joined the Dark Side :thumb:


Just dont go on and on like crumbs and dolls. With smeggy its the z word, with those two its the a word. :rofl:


Of course not. The last device I bought was an iPad 2 at around £130 and has served me well for over a year. The successor at £80 is superior but looks and acts like a complete whore.

Dolls will be proud. :D

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:42 pm
by Channel Hopper
I've got a small issue in that the iPod6 isn't working with the Google Home app to play content to the Chromecast device. The old iPad does this without complaint.

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:30 pm
by Dolls
Stanley Tweedle wrote:
Channel Hopper wrote:I've joined the Dark Side :thumb:


Just dont go on and on like crumbs and dolls. With smeggy its the z word, with those two its the a word. :rofl:



Oi! :pp: I don't go on and on. I'm going to smack your arse. :spank: :tongue: :)

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:03 am
by Dolls
Tried to power up my old iPad ,battery display does t move I just needed it for some photos that were exported from my camera that's stored on there.
Bugger I think it's knackered. :(

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:13 am
by Resonance
Does your iPad not back up photos to the cloud Dolls? Think it likely does, so you should still be able to get your photos.

As for the iPad itself Crumbs will know better than me, but you could try holding the power button in for say ten seconds. That usually resets most stuff.

You've not had it that long have you?

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:21 am
by Channel Hopper
The iPad reset (at least the one I've been shown) is to start one of the apps, then immediately push the side button until the 'slide to power off' indicator comes on the screen, then push the front button.
The above is supposed to clear the cache memory and stabilise the device. Seems to work here.

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:41 am
by Dolls
Channel Hopper wrote:The iPad reset (at least the one I've been shown) is to start one of the apps, then immediately push the side button until the 'slide to power off' indicator comes on the screen, then push the front button.
The above is supposed to clear the cache memory and stabilise the device. Seems to work here.


I can't get a wee bit of battery to start app CH.

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:10 pm
by Channel Hopper
Are you trying to charge with the iPad on, or off ?

Both iPads here come on when first plugged in, but I always turn them off to speed up the charging.

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:09 pm
by Dolls
Channel Hopper wrote:Are you trying to charge with the iPad on, or off ?

Both iPads here come on when first plugged in, but I always turn them off to speed up the charging.



Well I assume it was on! I haven't charged it for couple of years! I got the battery sign but it just didn't move (or wasn't charging)

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:20 pm
by Channel Hopper
Then whilst the charger is plugged in, turn the iPad off.

Then leave for a couple of hours.

I did find the original lead that came from Apple had to be replaced after a few months of use, the end connector eventually fractures inside.

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:37 pm
by Dolls
Channel Hopper wrote:Then whilst the charger is plugged in, turn the iPad off.

Then leave for a couple of hours.

I did find the original lead that came from Apple had to be replaced after a few months of use, the end connector eventually fractures inside.



Your right about chargers! Goes thready right by the charge plug.

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:31 pm
by crumbs
Keep the charger plugged in for a long time. The battery was probably over-discharged. Leave it charging overnight with the iPad switched off.

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:33 pm
by Dolls
Thanks crumbs.. not sure I need it now though,it was for evidence photos for Council visit but,I think I will do it anyway. :thumb: :yippee:

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:48 pm
by Channel Hopper
Let us know how you get on. I can post another lead (and charger) to you if they turn out to be duff.

Fucking apple products, the cnuts :D

Can't do same with iPad though, my daughter uses it more than me.

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 am
by Dolls

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:34 am
by crumbs
It won't be an issue at all. There'll be adapters available. I still use my expensive, high-end headphones with my iPhone 7 that doesn't have a 3.5mm socket. I just need a tiny adapter that adds a couple of inches to the length of the headphone cable. Zero issues.

It seems like Apple can't win. They propose adopting an industry-standard port instead of their lightning proprietary port and the media still hounds them.

The irony is that the journalist probably wrote that article on a Mac and has an iPhone.

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:12 pm
by smeggypants
Wikileaks has been busy

Image

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:59 am
by crumbs
Apple proactively protecting its users from our corrupt governments:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/07/ap ... 7-patched/

Apple says its initial analyses indicates that many of the exploits detailed were patched in the latest version of iOS, and that it will continue to patch identified vulnerabilities. The Cupertino company closes by saying that it always urges users to download and install the latest version of iOS to ensure that they have the most recent security updates.


Where are Google and Microsoft in speaking up for their users?

The Apple Thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:43 pm
by smeggypants
crumbs wrote:Apple proactively protecting its users from our corrupt governments:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/07/ap ... 7-patched/

Apple says its initial analyses indicates that many of the exploits detailed were patched in the latest version of iOS, and that it will continue to patch identified vulnerabilities. The Cupertino company closes by saying that it always urges users to download and install the latest version of iOS to ensure that they have the most recent security updates.


Where are Google and Microsoft in speaking up for their users?


Anyone thinks any company, Apple or otherwise, id going to stop the usual suspects from having backdoors into the devices of the masses is naive.