Skip to content

Who remembers Atari or old systems

Shoot em up? Adventures? Here we go!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

wimmin did mine gunns :rofl:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:wimmin did mine gunns :rofl:

Mine was a mix of Glam-boy's and Dr Steve's cocktails, lusting after girls and unemployment as soon as I got out from college.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

I'm a musician and remember that you had to have an Atari St because it had midi ports as standard and could run 'Notator' and 'Pro 24' , the first real midi sequencing programs. They changed music recording forever and look what they have developed into now!! Cubase,logic etc. The chipped up version had 1mb memory!!!!!!!!!!! marvellous. :banghead:

nooby

Posted on

Andymac wrote:I'm a musician and remember that you had to have an Atari St because it had midi ports as standard and could run 'Notator' and 'Pro 24' , the first real midi sequencing programs. They changed music recording forever and look what they have developed into now!! Cubase,logic etc. The chipped up version had 1mb memory!!!!!!!!!!! marvellous. :banghead:

Welcome to Smeggy's Andy. :cheers: :cheers:

I'm a musician too and very well remember the 1040ST. I had one in 1987 and ran Pro24 on it and then Cubase the Mike Hunter version! :)

I sold the ST in the early 90s but I've still got the Midex for it in the attic somewhere...

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Yes , Mike Hunter has a lot to answer for!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Syncing up could be hit and miss, usually miss , Ha Ha but thank god for Cubase 6.

nooby

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Andymac wrote:I'm a musician and remember that you had to have an Atari St because it had midi ports as standard and could run 'Notator' and 'Pro 24' , the first real midi sequencing programs. They changed music recording forever and look what they have developed into now!! Cubase,logic etc. The chipped up version had 1mb memory!!!!!!!!!!! marvellous. :banghead:

Welcome to Smeggy's Andy. :cheers: :cheers:

I'm a musician too and very well remember the 1040ST. I had one in 1987 and ran Pro24 on it and then Cubase the Mike Hunter version! :)

I sold the ST in the early 90s but I've still got the Midex for it in the attic somewhere...

I built an extra MIDI out port using the printer port on the back of the Atari. Worked like a charm :)

Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: Electric!

Posted on

Sometimes I wonder about going back to an old Atari. :) :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Sometimes I wonder about going back to an old Atari. :) :)

Funny you say that, I've just gotten off the phone to someone having exactly that conversation.

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Tunes haven't got any better for all the technology.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I guess that all depends what you listen to... But if you're talking about mainstream, then you're right, the only thing that seems to be happening with that is more compression, less dynamics, and creativity is out the window too.

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Richie wrote:I guess that all depends what you listen to...

I didn't mean it's got any worse, just not better. personally I don't think the standard of compositional creativity has got better in any style. Very subjective thing though. :)

But if you're talking about mainstream, then you're right, the only thing that seems to be happening with that is more compression, less dynamics, and creativity is out the window too.

Couldn't agree more regarding sound quality and Loudness wars, but that's a product of musical capitalism. Bit stupid though as radio stations even out the average level anyway

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I think new technology can be overused and make some people lazy in capturing a performance as opposed to cut,copy and pasting one together. I all depends how you use it . I come from a time when recording meant 2" tape machines and mixing desks that had so many channels that they were in different postcodes. It's never going to replace capturing magical performances that a group of musicians can make in a studio, but as a tool for musicians/producers that you can have in your own house , its bloody marvellous.
Getting back to atari's , my first racing sim was called 'Revs' , anyone remember that? : :cheers:

nooby

Posted on

Must have been a real old atari like the spectrum , Yeh , half an hour to load and then they would crash half way through !!!!!!!!!!
The Atari st of course had a floppy drive , a huge improvement although very little storage space. And to think today we measure disc drives in terrabytes, phew!!!

nooby

Posted on

I was never really into computers btu had an Atari 2600 when I was about 11 or 12. In cact i'm sure it's still at my Mum's cos she brought it down from the loft and my 13 year old was playing it!

A mate of mine had the commadore 64, then my sister had the Sega Megadrive thing, then the super nintendo or whatever so had a wee shot of her mario game now and again.

Trailer Trash
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Andymac wrote:Must have been a real old atari like the spectrum , Yeh , half an hour to load and then they would crash half way through !!!!!!!!!!
The Atari st of course had a floppy drive , a huge improvement although very little storage space. And to think today we measure disc drives in terrabytes, phew!!!

I've got a 20mb hard disk somewhere :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Previous

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Gaming