Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Windows 7 playing game cd

Shoot em up? Adventures? Here we go!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Recently bought my daughter a new laptop with Widows 7 installed. Now I don't play games, but she does. transpires all the game cd's she has no longer play on this version of Windows. Previous version which played them all was Vista.

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this problem. Please any replies , can you make them detailed and very simple :D

Thanks in anticipation

H

ImageLife is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. Image

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

“Oh no....he's awake!!”’

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride

Really Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: Bored

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

It was the same with Win XP upgrade to Vista (though that begs the question - why ?)

You could try loading the games through the compatibility mode window and see if it works.

Original instruction, though this may not be correct under Win7

right click on the installer.exe file and then install the application under compatibility mode

Additionally some NVidia cards may need to have an additional driver installed on the new operating system, but that's another story.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Gaming