Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Platform sub-forums?

Shoot em up? Adventures? Here we go!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Wassup gamers?

Ms Smeggy ( a gamer ) just had a look in the gaming forum here and suggested it might be more popular and easier if the forum was split into the various platforms.

I originally didn't want to split the forum up into too many subforums in order to avoid the place looking too much of a tumbleweed zone, but she has a point. It's catch-22.

What do you peeps think?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I think it's a good idea. Once the thread starts growing it will be easier to look into the various subforums.

Maybe it just needs splitting in three. Console, Handheld and PC?

Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

I'm not sure more are needed, it's taken an age to get to 2 pages of threads as it is. Maybe if some of us paste reviews and the news from around the web then it might generate some interest.

Smegster

Posted on

Another catch-22 situation I guess. I'm still pondering this one. :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I like Jim's idea - maybe Gaming News too?

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I think a Gaming News section would be a cool idea its always cool to know what the Game companies are upto.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

http://www.main.ffafansite.co.uk/

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Memory & Humanity is finally here

Posted on

Yeah a cool idea.

Just throwing some ideas about here .......

It could perhaps start off with maybe a sticky thread for each platform where latest news could be posted. And if it generated enough interest I could expand it into a proper added content news section like the Politics News Section or the Big Brother news section

I'm certainly up for expanding the added content side of Smeggy's so the site is more than just a forum.

Would anyone like to get into collating gaming news? Kinda of like a regular volunteer job? :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Personally, I find separate fora for different platforms to be a bit annoying- on DS, for example, if I want to talk about a game that's been released cross-platform, I can only really discuss it with people who are playing it on the same one as me, or have several less fulfilling conversations at once, which is less fun and more confusing.

"Pirates and bank-robbers, not lawyers or CEOs. Stockbrokers ain't your heroes"- The World/Inferno Friendship Society

Really Hooked!
Location: Behind the mask, with the idea. Because ideas are bulletproof.
Current Mood: Lovesick, broke and driftin'

Posted on

stoatie wrote:Personally, I find separate fora for different platforms to be a bit annoying- on DS, for example, if I want to talk about a game that's been released cross-platform, I can only really discuss it with people who are playing it on the same one as me, or have several less fulfilling conversations at once, which is less fun and more confusing.

Yeah good point stoatie. Thanks for the feedback mate :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

The sectioning off of the Gaming Section into Sub Forums on DS just seems to cause Fan boy Arguments between 360 and PS3 Owners over there anyways it can get ugly sometimes I still think the Gaming News Section might be good.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

http://www.main.ffafansite.co.uk/

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Memory & Humanity is finally here

Posted on

I think a news section is great for any subject aslong as people/members are willing to put their money where their mouth is and carry the work load. I'll do some Big Brother news for January.

As for forums I think it's important to not split them all up into specific subjects. It's easy to be complacent when you see all these subjects with their own forum, it's not very inspiring. But if you fancy talking about a latest PS3 game and the PS3 thread is down on page 3/4 of the Entertainment section there's some incentive to go and bump it, taking it upon yourself to get your choice of conversation some attention (maybe even from other Entertainment section browsers who wouldn't normally check it out).

Foo foo. Let's all foo foo.

Loves The place!

Posted on

The_Hitman wrote:I think a news section is great for any subject aslong as people/members are willing to put their money where their mouth is and carry the work load.

Indeed!!

After the experience of doing the news for Big Brother this year I can tell y'all that it isn't for the feint hearted. I'm willing to set up news sections for anyone with the time and dedication to run them. But setting it up isn't a 5 minute job, I have to do a bunch of web programming and create new pages. So it's only really for someone who is going to be dedicated enough for long term loyalty to the cause. Things like big brother are pretty intense while it's happening, but a games news section would run all year round.

I'll do some Big Brother news for January..

And yeah nice one for the offer of help on January Hitman. :thumb:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Gaming