Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

BT seem to have launched a games library.

Shoot em up? Adventures? Here we go!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

http://btvision.metaboli.co.uk/offers.html

Out of interest, how does this compare with others?

Posted on

No idea how it compares to anything else, but I've just joined up and downloading Winter Sports 2008. :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

diablo wrote:No idea how it compares to anything else, but I've just joined up and downloading Winter Sports 2008. :):

I'll join up as soon as I finish what I'm playing at the moment. If the stuff in the Ultimate Collection all drops into standard within 6 months it looks like a good deal.

Posted on

The system seems to work pretty well. I've downloaded three titles, Winter Sports 2008, Brian Lara cricket and Atari console games - and they all work fine and downloaded pretty quick considering the size of them.

I went for the cheaper package as there are plenty of games in there which I've looked at in the shops but decided not to buy because I didn't know if I'd actually play the things - and I don't like shelling out £20 for something I don't use. :)

It seems like a good deal to me. :):

p.s. they work on my big Dell but I can't make the thing work on my laptop - maybe because the graphics system is crap.

Nutter!!

Posted on

Just joined up myself on the budget option, Railroads downloaded.

Posted on

I can't get Cleopatra and Secrets of Da Vinci to start - maybe I should ask on the forum - I've got everything needed. :confused:

Though they are the only two out of about 15 which I've had problems with.

I'm just over halfway through Switchball, which is well worth the subscription on its own. :) Have played it for about four hours though I still don't appear on their statistics. :confused: Think their website still has glitches - and they don't have the manuals for most of the games yet. :mad1:

But my overall rating is still very good. :):

Nutter!!

Posted on

They always come up with the old chestnut of latest Direct X and Video Card drivers if you ask them for support.

Railroads seems to crash fairly regulary, but Imperial Glory is running well and is very adictive. I'm reasonably impressed for the money. :thumb:

Think it could drastically eat into the useage allowance if I'm not careful, I don't think it's excluded like BTVision.

Posted on

I strongly, really unbelievably, "OMG I Can't believe just how strongly", really very ever so much reccomend X³: Reunion by Egosoft.

It's the previous one in the series (they're on X³:Terran Conflict now), think Elite... and a whole lot more. Open universe, do what you like - ignore the plot, own one fighter, own one transport, own fleets of fighters... hell, buy a frikkin' carrier to put them on... wage war, trade, explore... if you can see it, you can fly it. Don't wanna buy it to fly it? Pilots can be "pursuaded" to leave their ship... Build factories. Build factory complexes. Set up factory chains and supply your own fleets so you can cut off the other races and annhilate them, should you wish...

...or do none of that and pootle in a freighter. Up to you.

The X Series has sucked more time out of my life than any other game, game series or even genre.

It's got a steep learning curve, but if you beat it, you'll never look back.

I'll dig out a small gameplay vid I made last year with it if you're interested - it's only a one-ship-versus-a-corvette-and-wing combat vid, but it's nifty.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

Essence of wok wrote:I strongly, really unbelievably, "OMG I Can't believe just how strongly", really very ever so much reccomend X³: Reunion by Egosoft.

It's the previous one in the series (they're on X³:Terran Conflict now), think Elite... and a whole lot more. Open universe, do what you like - ignore the plot, own one fighter, own one transport, own fleets of fighters... hell, buy a frikkin' carrier to put them on... wage war, trade, explore... if you can see it, you can fly it. Don't wanna buy it to fly it? Pilots can be "pursuaded" to leave their ship... Build factories. Build factory complexes. Set up factory chains and supply your own fleets so you can cut off the other races and annhilate them, should you wish...

...or do none of that and pootle in a freighter. Up to you.

The X Series has sucked more time out of my life than any other game, game series or even genre.

It's got a steep learning curve, but if you beat it, you'll never look back.

I'll dig out a small gameplay vid I made last year with it if you're interested - it's only a one-ship-versus-a-corvette-and-wing combat vid, but it's nifty.

I've got it and I have to admit the learning curve at the start has beaten me to this point. I'll have to dig it out again. :thumb:

Posted on

Bowker's cat wrote:I've got it and I have to admit the learning curve at the start has beaten me to this point. I'll have to dig it out again. :thumb:

Well if you need help...
Apricot Mapping Service's guide to getting started in X³.

X³ Keyboard Layout (Excel format).

Apricot Mapping Service's guide to ship software.

Apricot Mapping Service's X³ Handbook. *** THIS IS THE ULTIMATE GUIDE ***
I could go on for hours about this handbook, but it's got everything anyone could ever possibly need, including two guides written by your's truly.

Honestly, if you don't download anything else to help you, download that, the X³ Handbook.

Any questions, just ask - consider me your X-Universe Tour Guide :D

I found the video, by the way. Right-click, save as. WMV format. A little shy of 35mb. I filmed that when I got a new system, having not played it in a while - you'll see me flying a heavy turreted-fighter, run out of energy, run out of mousemat (joystick wasn't configured), forget which button's what... :D

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Gaming