Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

10 most puzzling ancient artifacts

Got any cool links? Or even links to avoid? Let us know.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

http://www.ancientx.com/nm/anmviewer.asp?a=75&z=1

I already knew about the 'Baghdad Battery' but there's some really interesting finds here too.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Nobody ever seems to mention the 10,000 year old megalith at Yonaguni

Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Electric!

Posted on

LektroiD wrote:Nobody ever seems to mention the 10,000 year old megalith at Yonaguni

Thanks for this. :) Never heard of this before, sounds great.
I'll watch this tomorrow I'm off to bed now. :thumb:

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

LektroiD wrote:Nobody ever seems to mention the 10,000 year old megalith at Yonaguni

Really interesting stuff. I'd ever heard of the Yonaguni strcuture. I wonder if the reluctance of the mainstream scholars to investigate them further is that if proven to be man made they would wreck the traditional view that Civilisation started out in Mesopotamia spawning the Abrahamic (religious) culture?

i.e Christianity, Judaism and Islam may fight each other to the death, but when their Abrahamic Root is threatened they all band together and try to protect it.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I want to believe it but when I read stuff like that I think nah its got to be a hoax.

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Like Ted Rogers but funny

Posted on

Maybe not a hoax Kriss, The stuff they are made of may be thousands or millions of years old,but may have been carved or formed by man at a later date. And the dating system may be out,I had a friend whos father worked at manchester Museum carbon dating the mummies there.He said they could date one at 4000 years old then go back the next day and do it again and it would come back 3000 years out.

Mind you that was in the '70's so dating procedures may have come a long way since.

But things like the Coso artifact which was found inside rock,how do we not know that this may have been volcanic rock that formed around man made items while molten? therefore,do we date that rock from when it was molten or when it was really formed?

It's a very interesting subject.

Highway Star
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Rocking as usual!!!

Posted on

John lee Pettimore wrote:Maybe not a hoax Kriss, The stuff they are made of may be thousands or millions of years old,but may have been carved or formed by man at a later date. And the dating system may be out,I had a friend whos father worked at manchester Museum carbon dating the mummies there.He said they could date one at 4000 years old then go back the next day and do it again and it would come back 3000 years out.

Mind you that was in the '70's so dating procedures may have come a long way since.

But things like the Coso artifact which was found inside rock,how do we not know that this may have been volcanic rock that formed around man made items while molten? therefore,do we date that rock from when it was molten or when it was really formed?

They do have a pretty good idea when the ice caps melted - unless you're suggesting they built the whole thing underwater (highly unlikely) ;)

Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: Electric!

Posted on

John lee Pettimore wrote:Maybe not a hoax Kriss, The stuff they are made of may be thousands or millions of years old,but may have been carved or formed by man at a later date. And the dating system may be out,I had a friend whos father worked at manchester Museum carbon dating the mummies there.He said they could date one at 4000 years old then go back the next day and do it again and it would come back 3000 years out.

I agree it is JLP but for me the evidence would have to be amazing to convince me. Proof of visitors , 'shipwrecked' or passing through would be a massive watershed in our understanding of the universe.

Not so much an ancient artifact but the crystal skulls are fascinating objects along with their story.

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Like Ted Rogers but funny

Posted on

I rembember Arthur C Clark did crystal skulls ages ago ...mysteries of the world or something ?

12 cans of Stella
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

What about the Nazca LinesWiki of Peru?

Amazing aerial shot of them here 3000x3000 pixels

Click on image for full size:

line drawing of them:

Click on image for full size:

GOOGLE MAP:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Cool Websites