Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Gumtree

Got any cool links? Or even links to avoid? Let us know.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Just put something on this for dad which I was convinced would never sell in a million years and did it to homour him and so far in 24 he has had 5 people interested and 2 people viewing tomorrow? :confused: Anyone else noticed how gumtree fever is sweeping the nation!

Sweetheart
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

You might have undersold, or they are expecting something else.

Plus, it's a buyers market out there at the moment, all sites like Gumtree are doing well

Don't forget the basics though,
don't let them into the house,
show them the object only in a garage or shed off your own land,
have a second person present at all times,
if it's cash, make sure you can check them at a local shop with the UV light.
and make sure the buyer has some photographic ID if you are selling a car, bike, computer or commercial equipment.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

I Think mechs has sold a few things on Gumtree.

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

What CH says, always have someone with you. Better safe than sorry :splif:

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

Grand Master

Posted on

phild05 wrote:What CH says, always have someone with you. Better safe than sorry :splif:

Oh its not me who doing the actual selling, its my dad and he knows to be careful anyway! :)

Sweetheart

Posted on

Yes Dolls is right I use Gumtree alot for business advertising and selling personal stuff too. The last thing I sold on it was a caravan awning I no longer used for a bargain price but as I don't drive I always state "buyer uplifts".

If someone is coming to the house (which the guy did after him phoning and arranging) OH and his mate were in. Most people on there are genuine enough but take CH's advice too, just be safe.

I place my business ads on there too and thankfully the majority of my clients are genuine and are regular and i've got alot of business through Gumtree BUT you do get your wierdo's too. In my line of work anyway, so if it's a new or first time client I always make sure OH is in when they arrive for their appointment.

If i'm buying on Gumtree again, because I don't drive, I get my mate who's male to drive me to see whatever and pick it up, think the last thing was a canopy for the caravan. Again most people are genuine enough but no harm in being careful even if it sounds a bit dramatic.

Also one last thing if you're going to be a regular on Gumtree. Beware of scam emails asking you to "log in and confirm your details" or stating "your ad has been flagged for removal" etc.

I get ALOT of these and the reason I know they arefake is because when I first set up my Gumtree account I set it up with my PERSONAL email address as I used this for business too but when I started to get busy I set up a seperate business email address which I put on my ad.

So to my business email address I get all the fake "Your ad breaches ..." or "your ad has been removed, log in" etc. I know these are fake as Gumtree will ALWAYS contact you at the email address you set up an account or place your ad with.

Anything your unsure of you can copy and paste to Gumtree's fraud bit by clicking on "contact us" then click "report fraud" and jsut explain, copy and paste the email and forward it to them and they will confirm wether it's fake or not and give you a ref number to say it's been reported and they're acting.

I know you don't HAVE to set up an account with them, I did though cos I have a business ad on the Edinburgh and Dundee pages and any personal ads i'm selling things for so it's much easier to log in and edit or delete or "bump up" to the top of the list your ads rather than trying to remember the ad reference number :groan: but whatever suits.

Hope this helps and good luck, Gumtree's been great for me although just be wary as it was also a Gumtree fucker that hacked into my Paypal account 2 years ago but that's another story and was not directly because og Gumtree, more paypal :thumb:

Trailer Trash

Posted on

Gumtree is a good free alternative to Ebay. I like it.

not so noobywooby
Current Mood: unknown

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Cool Websites