Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Hackers retaliate over Megaupload website shutdown

Got any cool links? Or even links to avoid? Let us know.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Heya Smeggy,

You cannot change the political system without votes, but in order for that to happen - you need to be involved in the party system. I know you don't like it, but that is the only way that this is even possible to happen. People won't bother getting majorly involved in politics until things reach tipping point - and this isn't going to happen for a while.

The trouble with truth is that there's no such thing. Truth as we know it is merely verismilitude - it may have an element of facts in it, but the nub of it will always be coloured to suit our own perspectives, wants and needs.

But as for this Elite, I think we can both agree that they only wish to remain rich. But you seem to think that their Modus Operandi is to achieve this by keeping everyone else down. Whereas I seem to think that keeping the proliteriat down is nothing more than an added bonus for them - they just want a law to maintain their riches and damn the consequences for anyone else.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Same here.

But it's not really about piracy the real agenda is Internet censorship. What they are really scared of is the power of ordinary people to mass communicate with each other and bypass the previous monopoly the Elite had on information distribution. Because of the Internet we can now see with ease what liars and hypocrites the MSM and the politicians are. We can see they are controlled by the Elite while pretending to work for us.

It never really was about piracy, it's about the state shitting themselves over a businessman changing the world who isn't lobbying up the arses of the state. Kim Dotcom was about to unroll a new service that could easily flatten iTunes...

I present to you... MegaBox. MegaBox was going to be an alternative music store that was entirely cloud-based and offered artists a better money-making opportunity than they would get with any record label.

"UMG knows that we are going to compete with them via our own music venture called Megabox.com, a site that will soon allow artists to sell their creations directly to consumers while allowing artists to keep 90 percent of earnings," MegaUpload founder Kim 'Dotcom' Schmitz told Torrentfreak Not only did they plan on allowing artists to keep 90% of their earnings on songs that they sold, they wanted to pay them for songs they let users download for free. "We have a solution called the Megakey that will allow artists to earn income from users who download music for free," Dotcom outlined. "Yes that's right, we will pay artists even for free downloads. The Megakey business model has been tested with over a million users and it works."

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permali ... 21airvinyl

Oh, the villians :roll:

Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Electric!

Posted on

Good Find :thumb:

Bollocks to the Oligarchy I say!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Looks Like 'The Pirate Bay' might be next........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/i ... uling.html

The Pirate Bay, one of the world’s most popular filesharing websites, could soon be blocked in Britain after the High Court ruled it illegally encourages users to infringe music copyright.

The judgment by Mr Justice Arnold makes it more likely that major broadband providers will be ordered to cut off the Pirate Bay, which has been the scourge of the music and film industries for almost a decade.

It acts as a searchable index of links to BitTorrent trackers, which allow users to download files from each other. All the most popular files are copyright films, music and software.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Cunts!!

Oh well, like a Hydra, cut one head off and another multitude grow in there place. :D :D :D

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Previous

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Cool Websites