Page 1 of 1

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:32 pm
by smeggypants
Turkey Blocks Twitter!

What the fuck are they frightened of?

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:48 pm
by chinchin
smeggypants wrote:Turkey Blocks Twitter!

What the fuck are they frightened of?


Many people are frightened of the truth Smeggy.

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:55 pm
by smeggypants
chinchin wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Turkey Blocks Twitter!

What the fuck are they frightened of?


Many people are frightened of the truth Smeggy.


Well indeed they are, I see that constantly, but twitter is mostly made up of ineffective dissidents so hardly a threat to them.

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:09 pm
by Channel Hopper
smeggypants wrote:
chinchin wrote:Many people are frightened of the truth Smeggy.


Well indeed they are, I see that constantly, but twitter is mostly made up ......


Shit floats, and Twitter is certainly full of it. I recall the riots in the UK a couple of years back had 'crowd funding' via this particular 'social' network.

Image

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:30 pm
by Bunny
Channel Hopper wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
chinchin wrote:Many people are frightened of the truth Smeggy.


Well indeed they are, I see that constantly, but twitter is mostly made up ......


Shit floats, and Twitter is certainly full of it. I recall the riots in the UK a couple of years back had 'crowd funding' via this particular 'social' network.

Image



I think you've just accidentally validated Twitter. I dislike the way it reduces otherwise perfectly functional adults to being Colin in the Office .... 'I'm a bit maaad me'. However, when a state closes a social network down, it's time to worry.

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:28 pm
by Channel Hopper
Bunny wrote:I think you've just accidentally validated Twitter. I dislike the way it reduces otherwise perfectly functional adults to being Colin in the Office .... 'I'm a bit maaad me'. However, when a state closes a social network down, it's time to worry.



Apologies, I'll just turn it off

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... orons.html

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/23/jus ... t-twitter/

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/10/09 ... otballers/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03 ... mg00000067

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 pm
by Bunny
Channel Hopper wrote:
Bunny wrote:I think you've just accidentally validated Twitter. I dislike the way it reduces otherwise perfectly functional adults to being Colin in the Office .... 'I'm a bit maaad me'. However, when a state closes a social network down, it's time to worry.



Apologies, I'll just turn it off


Might as well, for all the difference it'll make.

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:19 am
by chinchin
I wouldn't have known about the Red Cross setting up food banks in the UK (the only country in Europe where they have) if I hadn't have seen it on twitter. Some people are just attracted to silly stories. It's like having all the newspapers and saying they are all rubbish because of Page 3. Some breathtaking photography and excellent humour on there as well as getting the news before it appears on the TV or radio.

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:07 am
by Bunny
chinchin wrote:I wouldn't have known about the Red Cross setting up food banks in the UK (the only country in Europe where they have) if I hadn't have seen it on twitter. Some people are just attracted to silly stories. It's like having all the newspapers and saying they are all rubbish because of Page 3. Some breathtaking photography and excellent humour on there as well as getting the news before it appears on the TV or radio.


A SOL member then ? Nowt wrong with that, apart fom the historical and hysterical filth that they published. I like a good old fashioned democratic newspaper, I do.

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:07 am
by chinchin
I don't buy the Sun.

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:15 pm
by wotsit2

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:37 pm
by Resonance


Censorship nearly always makes the thing been censored more popular. You'd think governments and others would learn, obviously not.

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:01 pm
by wotsit2
Resonance wrote:


Censorship nearly always makes the thing been censored more popular. You'd think governments and others would learn, obviously not.

there's always a way around things :)

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:00 pm
by Resonance
wotsit2 wrote:
Resonance wrote:


Censorship nearly always makes the thing been censored more popular. You'd think governments and others would learn, obviously not.

there's always a way around things :)


Yep.

I always find it funny when some campaign group starts shouting about how some music video, film, book etc should be banned. All that happens is thousands/millions of people that would have never heard of it take a look :doh: You'd think they'd realise that if they just kept their gob shut the supposedly dangerous/harmful thing they are complaining about would be seen by far fewer people. I guess they're just a bit dim.

Also it encourages the people making the music video, film, book etc to make the next one even more outrageous, because they know it will get massive free publicity from the people seeking to ban it.

Miley Cyrus makes a living from it. She got a weeks worth of free publicity on TV worldwide when she released this video. With various people being interviewed to say how outrageous it was. No wonder it's got just shy of 600 million hits :eek4:

[Link To Youtube Video]

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:50 am
by smeggypants
CCC

Controversy Creates Cash

Cyrus' PR company and Management are obvisouly good at it. they need to be there's no substance to the vacuous skeletal creature

Turkey Blocks Twitter!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:03 am
by Resonance
smeggypants wrote:CCC

Controversy Creates Cash

Cyrus' PR company and Management are obvisouly good at it. they need to be there's no substance to the vacuous skeletal creature


Yes indeed. If it wasn't for the people trying to censor her she wouldn't be known to half as many people. Still if she can make a pile of cash because of a few people's OUTRAGE good on her I say. It does have a delicious irony to it, that makes me smile :)